Weak transmission signal then disconnect

Just for the sake of comparison, upload a .dat from your aircraft with the similar issue as well. I will compare the two for identical anomolies. Not that it would do anything for you but it could help diagnose the same issue.
ok..i'll try to get them up later day ...

Hello mtel1970. I'm experiencing similar issues with my standard P4 connected to my 7.85" CrystalSky monitor. I'm running all the latest updates, fully charged batteries and having issues with the Go 4 app crashing. I've even seen the message "DJI GO 4 isn't responding" a couple of times. I'm beginning to think the Go 4 app is not working correctly with the Phantom's latest firmware update. I have been flying short (LOS) distances and have been experiencing video lag and poor signal strength (even with antenna boosters). Additionally, I flew 3 different flights and in 3 different locations and experienced poor signal issues in 2 out of the 3 locations which I've never had a problem flying in the past. Very frustrating. Going to get on the horn today with India, I mean, DJI...

I understand that, but after the most recent FW updates, I've been getting CPU overloaded warnings, green screens, and total blackouts with the Mini 4, and others have described the same phenomenon, so apparently it can't run the latest FW.

Ripper, from your description, it sounds like your Mini 4 may be struggling with respect to the video signal transmission and the GO app after the latest update. In my case, I experienced the same issues with some underpowered Android devices that really weren't up to the challenge of handling the GO app. I upgraded to devices with more powerful processors and more free memory and those issues went away immediately. I'm currently running the GO4 app on a Mediapad M3 for my P4 and it works very well. I just flew several flights over the holiday weekend and managed to fly a bit beyond advertised range before I decided to bring it back. You may want to try a device with a more resources to see if your current device is the issue. Good luck with that.

Reactions: Ripper7620
I'm beginning to think the Go 4 app is not working correctly with the Phantom's latest firmware update.
The app and/or device has nothing to do with signal strength. Video lag, yes. Firmware may or may not be part of the issues. The other posters on this thread never gave their firmware versions. If all of these match versions, then that could very well be the case.

Reactions: RunningWithScissors
...I have the latest firmware versions on drone and remotes....here is some of my log files i think...from one drone yesterday that the video was getting real bad...and the other flight log same day and the second is the same drone a further distance and keeps losing signal and video...

is this what you need ..

sorry mtel1970 for high jacking your thread ...

Attachments

• 2018-05-28 16_15_50-07JDE2E00201A3.dat
    550 bytes · Views: 259
  • 2018-05-28 16_38_52-07JDE2E00201A3.dat
    197 bytes · Views: 213
I reinstall the firmware this morning twice on drone and remote and it is little better with video not cutting out and signal lost... is it the the firmware....?

Biggerj, don't worry about hijacking the thread. We all want answers. In a strange sort of way, I'm reassured by others experiencing similar issues. I just want the drone I paid a lot of money for to work as its supposed to. I have wasted a lot of valuable time trying to resolve this.

here is some of my log files i think.
Those files are far too small to be a flight file. A flight .dat is rather large. You cant upload the files directly here. You will need to upload them to a sharable location such as DropBox, Google Drive...etc.....then share that link back here.

In a strange sort of way, I'm reassured by others experiencing similar issues.
By the way, what is your firmware version? You never said. Both Aircraft and RC versions.

FWIW, I also have these issues with the iPad Mini 4, right after the last 2-3 FW updates. The Mini 4 doesn't seem to have the CPU to run the latest FW, and my iPhone X and iPad 10.5" Pro work fine.
Dude -- I have the mini4 and have the same probs! It's been saying "CPU full" or something, but now just freezes. Bird can fly, but Ipad can't process signal, seems like. Is there a way to retrograde DJI app, and go down a few updates?

I'm having the same sort of probs. that ripper is having, w/ the Ipad mini4. Latest couple of updates have created lag and total freezes. Yes, the bird still flies, and will initiate camera commands. But I've gotten mssgs. about CPU cache being full (no other progs. running), and just lag/freezes. Signal strength fine. it's the ipad. Question: can we downgrade to an older firmware version, and only deal w/ notices about needing firmware upgrades, or w/ the FAA info. on these, etc., is it impossible to downgrade firmware?

Just to be clear, it's strictly the video feed that lags and freezes up with my iPad Mini 4. There's two seperate icons in the DJI GO 4 app, one for the video feed strength, and one for the RC signal strength, and even with an iPad 10.5", the video feed usually will disconnect first, rather than both at the same time.

...and would selecting a custom image transmission signal setting, rather than keeping on "auto," help? If so, what settings should I use? There's several options and I don't want to screw this one up! These are for the image transmission back to the controller, not out to the bird, correct?

Dude -- I have the mini4 and have the same probs! It's been saying "CPU full" or something, but now just freezes. Bird can fly, but Ipad can't process signal, seems like. Is there a way to retrograde DJI app, and go down a few updates?

I turn off all data but GPS maybe background apps are causing an issue, just a thought

No, I've done all that. Stripped it down. I'll look online on how to do more of that, if I'm missing some tricks. Will post here if I find.

Well I sent my P4 Advanced in to DJI at their request.

This time they say that the RC Controller is defective despite it passing when I sent the first P4 ADV back for the same weak transmission signal issue 4 weeks ago. They are replacing the controller. so basically I will have a brand new drone /controller set. Will be interesting to see if this fixes the issue.

Matt

This time they say that the RC Controller is defective despite it passing when I sent the first P4 ADV back for the same weak transmission signal issue 4 weeks ago.
This is what I suspected back in Post#9, I thought the signal strength levels were way out of whack, however I never had any other data to compare it to other than good flights. That gives another point to look at in the future anyway. Glad you got it resolved.

Well I got the P4 Adv back from DJI Netherlands complete with a replacement controller. Flew a test flight and strong and stable signal restored at all heights distances allowed in the UK! So it was the controller all along!The controller that DJI said had tested and passed when I first sent the drone back. So much for their robust testing procedures. Glad to have a working drone back but frustrated this has taken 8 weeks to resolve.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl