Weak transmission signal then disconnect

Reaction score
Hi my P4 Advanced has very poor transmission signal issues. The drone shows weak transmission signal and then loses connection when only about 100ft up. I have the latest firmware, have 're flashed the controller and 're linked rc. My antenna are oriented correctly. At present the drone is unusable. Can any one help please?

Hi my P4 Advanced has very poor transmission signal issues.
We need a bit more information than that to assist you. Linking has nothing to do with the issue. If you were not linked you wouldn't be able to fly at all. Could you be a bit more specific? Do you have clear VLOS? Batteries fully charged? Etc...and so on. We could look at the flight logs and possibly give you a better answer.

Hi ,
Batteries fully charged, unobstructed VLOS, 2 different locations tried, GPS mode, 13 satellites locked, latest firmware, using IPad Mini4, video caching turned off, compass calibrated, imu calibrated. Still shows weak transmission signal then aircraft disconnected 2-3 minutes into flight with the P4 about 100 feet away and 100 feet up. Will try and upload flight data.

Thanks

Matt

Reactions: Kristoff2478
Will try and upload flight data.
For the device data upload to the link below. For the aircraft .dat data, if you do that, you will need to upload that to a sharable location such as Drop Box, Google drive etc....and share that link back here.

DJI Flight Log Viewer

Hi my P4 Advanced has very poor transmission signal issues. The drone shows weak transmission signal and then loses connection when only about 100ft up. I have the latest firmware, have 're flashed the controller and 're linked rc. My antenna are oriented correctly. At present the drone is unusable. Can any one help please?
FWIW, I also have these issues with the iPad Mini 4, right after the last 2-3 FW updates. The Mini 4 doesn't seem to have the CPU to run the latest FW, and my iPhone X and iPad 10.5" Pro work fine.

Your signal is all over the place, and your distance and altitude you may have slightly underestimated, however, you should still have plenty of signal at this short distance. You never lost connection ( According to the data ) but as I said the signal strength is all over the place. More so than would be normal IMO. Not sure of determining factor at this point but here is the pertinent charted data.

Signal.png

The device has nothing to do with signal strength.
I understand that, but after the most recent FW updates, I've been getting CPU overloaded warnings, green screens, and total blackouts with the Mini 4, and others have described the same phenomenon, so apparently it can't run the latest FW. I'm not having these problems with my iPhone X and iPad 10.5, as I mentioned above, the Mini 4 just gets overloaded. The problem is with the video feed, not the RC signal.

The problem is with the video feed, not the RC signal.
Actually it is both, in this instance. This is based on data from the aircraft itself. Yes, you can lose either or both, but this is all inclusive. Device refresh speed, ram etc... has nothing to do with the overall signal, at any frequency. That is only for FPV and is completely a different animal.

I definitely had a "aircraft disconnected message" and had no control over the drone for a few seconds each of the 5 flights I made today. Input from the sticks having no effect. Why would the signal be so erratic? Lost all confidence in this P4 Advanced. My old P4's signal is still rock solid. Thought I was upgrading.

I definitely had a "aircraft disconnected message"
That is very possible, I am not sure of what the reporting level of the app is vs what the aircraft reports. You say you had no control of the aircraft? If that is the case then RTH should have initiated within 3 seconds. I will have to look back very closely at the signal levels. That could very well be the case. But since this signal was so erratic, it may not have lost uplink long enough to initiate RTH. In that regard, just a note. Your fail safe is set to hover according to the aircraft. You may want to change that setting if you plan on flying any distance. Otherwise as long as you are well within VLOS hover should be fine.

Thank you for the feedback guys. To test things further, I am borrowing my Dad's iPad Pro today to see if things improve. I fly my old Phantom 4 with the Mini 4 using the latest Dji go4 app with no signal issues so seems strange.

Well i tried the iPad Pro. Same issues remain. Weak transmission signal then aircraft disconnected.

DjI have asked me to send it in for repair. The thing is, this is a replacement drone after the last P4 Advanced displyed the same behaviour. No amount of reasoning with the DJI agent could get this message through. Why would 2 different drones have this fault? Really upset about this as I use it as part of my work as a PFCO holder. I regularly fly over my companies factories taking building condition images. Can't even get the P4 Advanced to fly away from me. If as it seems others are having the same issue, is it a firmware fault? Why can my £120.00 Futaba 2.4ghz RC gear operate flawlessly until my model aircraft are specks in the sky and my £1299 DJI equipment cant even make it 200ft? Complete joke.

I tried every thing now i think i have to call Dji ...i had very poor service the last two times....going to try reinstall firmware on drones first....did three times already...!!!

Everything worked great last summer and fall...

I Hear you mtel1970 now what do we do...???

I tried every thing now i think i have to call Dji ...i had very poor service the last two times....going to try reinstall firmware on drones first....did three times already...!!!
Just for the sake of comparison, upload a .dat from your aircraft with the similar issue as well. I will compare the two for identical anomolies. Not that it would do anything for you but it could help diagnose the same issue.

I have tried everything. Firmware 're installs, new sd card, different IOS devices, different locations on two different P4 Advanced drones. Same issue. I'm thinking there isn't anything else we can do. DJI need to find a fix!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan