P3S looks great BUT?(firmware-Head set problem)

Reaction score
have not flown the P3S for some long while. Decided to see if all was a-ok. At first seamed to be fine and the P3 connected well, motors did their thing, all seemed well. Noticed FW needs upgrade so I upgrades and calibrated the IMU. Turned everything back on and started back with my checking the systems. Seemed that all was well. EXCEPT-this time the motors would not respond. The app looked perfect and the READY TO FLY appeared. Motors would not respond. I tried turning everything off and back on-Same problem. I do not know what I have done incorrectly. New FW -App3.1.24–Aircraft 1.9.20
DO not Know what to DO next? Please help if you can. THANKS TO YOU ALL!

have not flown the P3S for some long while. Decided to see if all was a-ok. At first seamed to be fine and the P3 connected well, motors did their thing, all seemed well. Noticed FW needs upgrade so I upgrades and calibrated the IMU. Turned everything back on and started back with my checking the systems. Seemed that all was well. EXCEPT-this time the motors would not respond. The app looked perfect and the READY TO FLY appeared. Motors would not respond. I tried turning everything off and back on-Same problem. I do not know what I have done incorrectly. New FW -App3.1.24–Aircraft 1.9.20
DO not Know what to DO next? Please help if you can. THANKS TO YOU ALL!
Lights all green,remote and drone,mayby try re link,,could try start without app and that will tell you if something going on when app conected,could also try a stick calibration

Last edited by a moderator:
Are you outside? Do you have it in beginners mode? Firmware update usually resets all settings to default and if you are in beginners mode and have no GPS signal I believe the motors will not power up

SORRY i have been at work and just got home. I tried to start the motors not useing the app. Same results i do believe that the air craft is in beginner mode. Will turn off beginner M and see if that helps .i am not outside. Tried both ways-same Tried auto take off button -motors started but of course stopper after about 6 seconds. ????? I feel like this is a simple fix but not for me!

We are missing a small thing to help you get Your motors started and airborne.are you prepared to fly it..when that time comes with the proper flight controls safely !

Do you get any warnings or prompts when it shuts down
Ok.hes not flown for many many months Right ?.......hows he stored the flight battery...dead or slightly more then dead..i bet cha its bad flight battery
quote : motors started but of course stopped after about 6 seconds. .

Welll thanks to all of you for taking time to help. After my last post i did not hear from you guys so took on some honey do jobs. I had charger the batery that i used. At the time i tried to re connect the drone i had over half of the battery life. No problem there. I am within a no flight zone(city airport) and when i connect the air craft i received the fly with caution. I can not fly outside because of weather conditions. Could the new FW be keeping me from starting the motors? I have never had a problem like this before and just across the street is abandoned golf course. When i fly there i never fly over 100 feet altitude. You youngsters could be correct about my 80 years being part of the problem. I also have other drones and haveing a ball flying the Quadcopter with my feet on the ground.

Welll thanks to all of you for taking time to help. After my last post i did not hear from you guys so took on some honey do jobs. I had charger the batery that i used. At the time i tried to re connect the drone i had over half of the battery life. No problem there. I am within a no flight zone(city airport) and when i connect the air craft i received the fly with caution. I can not fly outside because of weather conditions. Could the new FW be keeping me from starting the motors? I have never had a problem like this before and just across the street is abandoned golf course. When i fly there i never fly over 100 feet altitude. You youngsters could be correct about my 80 years being part of the problem. I also have other drones and haveing a ball flying the Quadcopter with my feet on the ground.
OK the fly with cation probly just cause you inside or have poor satiltes, even though it linked have you tried relinking it under remote settings in app,even try re install djigo again ,have seen something on this in past,just got a find it,80years awsome ;)

I have re installed the dji go app. Same results as before. I do not understand about relinkiing under remote settings. Haveing to charge the remote..Probably will be on the side until around One PM.Thanks out there to you guys for the help.

I have re installed the dji go app. Same results as before. I do not understand about relinkiing under remote settings. Haveing to charge the remote..Probably will be on the side until around One PM.Thanks out there to you guys for the help.
Under remote settings when rc linking is clicked drone will start a beeping noise,under side of drone is a red flashing button (or green if linked)when beeping press this small button with pen or paper clip,drone will stop beeping and be linked,that means it all conected up proper,most times after new firmware installed dj recomend relinking..once pressed you have about a minute to press this button or it will time out

Just a couple of observations if you are too close to the airport, the new firmware will not allow the motors to start. Also, have you logged out of dji and back in? That’s required on first update after 1.9.2.

Just returned from lunch. I will hive my remote a little more time to charge.and try your suggestion. I will keep my fingers crossed and hope. This just may correct the problem..wil respond if successful!

Well- i did everything that you guys suggested with one additional thought. I re calibrated the remote. I can once again fly the Quadcopter. I was preparing to check out everything when this all started. Giveing this to son in law. THANKS TO ALL OF YOU for the great HELP.
I can now move on to another adventure!

Well- i did everything that you guys suggested with one additional thought. I re calibrated the remote. I can once again fly the Quadcopter. I was preparing to check out everything when this all started. Giveing this to son in law. THANKS TO ALL OF YOU for the great HELP.
I can now move on to another adventure!
Great to hear you get sorted,best of luck for the future adventures

Well thanks for your Question? I have a P4P, MP, and three P3S. I started flying Quadcopter this last fall and still have a lot to learn about this electronic wonder. I am in the market for a Spark that I can repair and fly. I assume all of the above will answer the ?. “Do you have the props on the right places?”

Reactions: Brother Dave
Well thanks for your Question? I have a P4P, MP, and three P3S. I started flying Quadcopter this last fall and still have a lot to learn about this electronic wonder. I am in the market for a Spark that I can repair and fly. I assume all of the above will answer the ?. “Do you have the props on the right places?”

LOL!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan