P3S does not fly very far

Hi to everyone just signed up so a newbie, my firmware is only 400 meters distance and height is their any way of getting my drone to fly a longer distance.
Hi u can get ARGtec dji phantom wifi extender kits just google,,got some for my standed and make a windsufer for remote 14869501537391822444906.jpg,,much beta

Reactions: Dr Crashmenot
Hi to everyone just signed up so a newbie, my firmware is only 400 meters distance and height is their any way of getting my drone to fly a longer distance.

Maximum Height and Maximum Distance are both adjustable in the app while you are connected. Maximum Height can be adjusted up to 500 meters, and Maximum Distance can be turned off completely. However, if you are referring to the maximum distance you can stay connected, that is affected by many different factors. Many pilots have had great success with antenna modifications.

If you are flying in your back yard 400m is expected. With other wifi devices operating your phantom will attempt to play nice and share the available frequency allocations and bandwidth. Try flying away from suburbia and you will get greatly improved range.

You can turn off the maximum flying distance in the app, for distance only not height.

Thanks everyone for your input greatfully received. Previously my DJI go app did not have the option of switching distance on or off, but last night my app needed updating and hey 500metres now and an option to switch off limit so all I need now is some decent weather,

Just thought of another thing hope I don't seem stupid, if you don't ask you don't learn, question is does it make any difference if it's in follow or FPV mode, I live in the countryside surburbia is about 7 miles away , maybe damp air is a factor ?

Howdee for that 400 meter issue, I think maybe launch the DJIGO APP. Read everything you can click on. Especially the mapping memory areas that refer to mainland china. If you don't disable some of these features, YOU COULD HAVE A SERIOUS NON RECOVERABLE FLYAWAY. Also, reading the entire menu of the app will show you tons of stuff you really need to know with reference to height and distance. Even a tree matters. More trees = less signal. Wifi is a direct link, not a bounced radio signal. Controller uses RADIO SIGNALS. WIFI uses direct line of site.
Happy flying.

I hope you guys don't mind me asking these questions as I used to fly R/C helicopters and all settings are done before take off, drones all settings are done airborne so I am nervous about changing settings while in flight, I will get there eventually

I do my changes on the ground. I also fly a p3s way beyond 1/4 mile, but it's over water. I only use my p3s for fishing, tho. The couple of times I've flown it over the suburbs, it cuts out much quicker than that.

p3s- fishing
p4 Black- Inspections

I hope you guys don't mind me asking these questions as I used to fly R/C helicopters and all settings are done before take off, drones all settings are done airborne so I am nervous about changing settings while in flight, I will get there eventually
Howdee PJS. Using the DJIGO APP, you don't have to be airborne to adjust settings. Just power the drone and radio and load the app. You can do pretty much 100% of your settings adjustments right there on the ground. Once done, just launch and enjoy. Again I can't stress enough to read as much as is available in the app. Knowledge will set you free from my pains.
My drones like to hunt trees... (cackle).

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl