P3S Camera MAJOR overheating

Reaction score
While shooting a short video today, my camera on my P3S overheated, sort of messing up my shot. Is this anything to worry about or do you think it'll be ok once it's cooled down overnight?

Get a cooler full of ice and water, and keep the AC completely submerged in it until it's time to fly. That should prevent any overheating...
;)

Reactions: Pharm
It should not overheat in flight with all the down wash of props - but it is an issue when static on the ground for length of time. Typical instances are when updating FW / running battery's down ....

I have two items to solve this .... one is a home made stand with a PC fan blowing up onto camera / gimbal. Second is a laptop cooler flat bed .... the cooler I found in local supermarket for less than $10 ....

Nigel

Get a cooler full of ice and water, and keep the AC completely submerged in it until it's time to fly. That should prevent any overheating...
;)
Great idea! I'll try that tonight. Thanks for the tip! ;)

It should not overheat in flight with all the down wash of props - but it is an issue when static on the ground for length of time. Typical instances are when updating FW / running battery's down ....

I have two items to solve this .... one is a home made stand with a PC fan blowing up onto camera / gimbal. Second is a laptop cooler flat bed .... the cooler I found in local supermarket for less than $10 ....

Nigel

You might want to look at the video carefully, Nigel. The guy is just joking about the camera overheating... there's fire and smoke added in post-prod... hence my silly response to keep the AC in an ice bath...
:)

Reactions: Pharm
You might want to look at the video carefully, Nigel. The guy is just joking about the camera overheating... there's fire and smoke added in post-prod... hence my silly response to keep the AC in an ice bath...
:)
What??!!! You were just joking??? I put it in the ice bath this morning! My wife got a little hot this morning so I put her in an ice bath, too. Maybe I should go check on her. ;)

I didn't watch the video actually .... basically because I know many people do have overheating cameras when static on the ground.

Now I have watched it .....

Nigel

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20