P3P will never connect on 1st try

Reaction score
Whenever I go to launch my P3P i turn on the RC first, then the aircraft, then open the app. Except everytime the first time i try to connect, the app wont recognize the aircraft. Then I have to boot the aircraft down, boot the RC down, close the app and repeat the process. It always works on the second time. What gives!?!?!?

Open the app 1st, go to camera then turn on AC. Works for me every time on my p3p!

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Or you can turn on the RC, turn on the tablet then plug in the cable.... Usually prompts me to decide what app I want to open. That usually works for me.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

interesting, thanks for the replies, i'll give that a try. I usually turn on the rc, connect my iphone 5s, and then turn on the ac, then open the app. I've never gotten a prompt to open the app when connecting my phone tho.

Reactions: telescott
It is strange some people have issues. I have three P3P's and I always turn on the transmitter with the USB cable connected, and like m0j0 it prompts me to decide whether to open Litchi or DJI Go (since I have both apps installed) app I want to open. I chose DJI Go and then click on "camera" at that point I turn on the quad and it works every time. (Device:Android Galaxy Note 4).

Whenever I go to launch my P3P i turn on the RC first, then the aircraft, then open the app. Except everytime the first time i try to connect, the app wont recognize the aircraft. Then I have to boot the aircraft down, boot the RC down, close the app and repeat the process. It always works on the second time. What gives!?!?!?

Rebind controller to aircraft. Usually helps with stuff like that.

Rebind controller to aircraft. Usually helps with stuff like that.

Wont change a thing, the controller connects just fine to the phantom.

I have the same problem. Worse if I want to switch between litchi and go. I usually end up unplugging the usb cable, killing all apps, replug usb cable and then it usually works.

If you have android the process is to have the GO app device powered on. Do not open the GO app at this point! Power up the R/C. At this point the R/C will enable the GO app and open it to the point of the GO app's home page instructing you to enable your aircraft. Once aircraft is powered up return to the app and it, the GO app, should be live and ready to go.

Last edited:
I often have the same issue. On IOS, I simply unplug the cable to the ipad, and plug it right back in and it works fine.

I always power on the AC first, then the RC. After the RC is powered on it prompts me to pick either dji go or litchi. Never have an issue doing it this way and by the time I get everything else fired up the sats are strong.

No, read the directions, RC first, Drone second, DJI Go app last, when the camera connect button turns blue, press it.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl