P3P Went into Atti and out of control.

Just some observations:
Why an auto takeoff? Had you done a manual takeoff you could have immediately landed on seeing the Compass Error but as it was the "Auto" continued to control the AC, or not in your case.
You had a Compass Error from take-off. Didn't you see it on your monitor?

You have an issue with Cell 1 in that battery pack, it kept going out of tolerance with the others all the time.

Would be handy to see the .DAT file from the drone if you know how to access it?

As I guessed, you had a Yaw Error situation, which will have been caused by launching from a magnetically distorted area.
Atti mode was just a symptom of the problem and not the cause.
You were fortunate yours was only at low speed and that you were able to recover the drone.
Many don't end so well.
What was the launch surface?
Was the Phantom facing toward the south at the launch?

Hi I am a newbe, you asked which way the phantom was facing at launch, is there a compass point that we should always take off from??

Thanks Len

Hi I am a newbe, you asked which way the phantom was facing at launch, is there a compass point that we should always take off from??
You can launch facing in any direction at all.
His flight data shows the drone facing south but the problem he had was that he launched from a spot where steel disrupted the local magnetic environment and cause the mag yaw value in the IMU to initialise incorrectly.
When that happens the drone icon in the app will be indicated pointing a different direction from the way the actual drone is and I was just checking to confirm.

Reactions: umanbean and Lenj
You can launch facing in any direction at all.
His flight data shows the drone facing south but the problem he had was that he launched from a spot where steel disrupted the local magnetic environment and cause the mag yaw value in the IMU to initialise incorrectly.
When that happens the drone icon in the app will be indicated pointing a different direction from the way the actual drone is and I was just checking to confirm.
Hi,

Thanks for the quick informative update, its much appreciated..

Whilst I am here can I please ask another question.. Worried about this one...What would happen if say I was all set up and good to fly, but once airborne and say after 5 or so minutes my iPhone just died screen blank, would the remote still work and would the AC return home on its own???

Thx Len

Your remote will function just fine if your device quits. And yes the RTH button will function normally assuming the home point was properly recorded during takeoff.

Reactions: Lenj and umanbean
Your remote will function just fine if your device quits. And yes the RTH button will function normally assuming the home point was properly recorded during takeoff.
Thank you weight of my mind

Len

Whilst I am here can I please ask another question.. Worried about this one...What would happen if say I was all set up and good to fly, but once airborne and say after 5 or so minutes my iPhone just died screen blank, would the remote still work and would the AC return home on its own???

Thx Len
The RC flies the AC, not your iPhone. Yes you can set some of the flight parameters and see what the drone sees on the display but it doesn't fly it.
Try turning on the AC and RC without the iPhone connected, and when the rear lights on the drone go green you can fly it, visually. The RTH button will work just fine but you'd need to press it as it's only automatic (if set up) when the battery reaches a certain charge or the drone loses the signal from the RC, out of range.

Reactions: Lenj
Worried about this one...What would happen if say I was all set up and good to fly, but once airborne and say after 5 or so minutes my iPhone just died screen blank, would the remote still work and would the AC return home on its own???
@Lenj - reminder to read the tips in the link I sent you mid April. It covers this question and also the one you asked earlier. Cheers!

• Haha
Reactions: JoBe and Lenj
The RC flies the AC, not your iPhone. Yes you can set some of the flight parameters and see what the drone sees on the display but it doesn't fly it.
Try turning on the AC and RC without the iPhone connected, and when the rear lights on the drone go green you can fly it, visually. The RTH button will work just fine but you'd need to press it as it's only automatic (if set up) when the battery reaches a certain charge or the drone loses the signal from the RC, out of range.

Thank you. Much appreciated..

Len Stay safe..

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic