P3P Camera Not Level

Reaction score
Hi,
So every time I'm flying my P3P I'm finding that I am always having to adjust my gimbal roll every time,
I just can't take off and start video and enjoy the flight as I'm always having to mess about with the gimbal roll to keep the camera level,
Once I'm up at 300ft I have to set it so that it's level with the horizon then land again so I can take off and video with it being level,
When I'm up at 3-400ft it's level, but soon as I pan around then the camera just tilts and the horizon is way out of alignment,
It won't come back straight either unless I do it myself by adjusting gimbal roll,
I'm sick and tired of this all of them time, it's driving me crazy on every time I want to fly,
It just won't stay level at all,
The slightest touch when panning will knock it out of alignment,
Please can somebody help me ?
Thanks

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Did you do a cold IMU calibration on a level surface? If that is ok then you need more help. I will look up the Youtube of how to fix it and post it.

Reactions: Liam_89
Also search the forum for "tilted horizon" and for your case "drifting horizon." You'll find hundreds of posts regarding this unfortunately all too common problem.

A static tilt is relatively easy thing to correct. You'll get all of the standard suggestions such as cold IMU, gimbal roll adjustment, gimbal calibration, fix it in post, etc. These often help.

A drifting tilt as you described is completely different and is rarely correctable on a permanent basis without sending it in. For that reason, I normally recommend to send it in if you are still under warranty.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20