P3P camera distortion after ribbon cable replacement

Reaction score
Hello everyone! I was hoping to see if anyone has any wisdom to pass along my way with this issue I'm dealing with:

Spent 2 months filming in Israel, last week I was there I had my first crash, drone fell about 8-10' to the ground, damaging the ribbon cable. Took the drone into a repair shop and they replaced the cable and took it back up the next day for filming, and my footage is really distorted. It almost looks like it's the footage itself, not the camera/gimbal moving around to make the image look like it does. No wind that day, took it up in several locations that day and sometimes it would be distorted, and sometimes it would look good. Here's a raw video from the end of that day:

I don't know if the repair guy used a DJI cable or an off-brand. This was all the end of October. The repair guy did also update all of my firmware during that time too. I can't figure out if it's a faulty ribbon cable, if the repair guy didn't put my camera back together properly and it's jerking around mid-air, if there is something else that could have been damaged that we didn't fix, or if the firmware update has new options that could make footage come out this way...

Thanks,

NatKiern

Do you mean the look of the image shaking? Perhaps the repair guy installed 4 anti drop pins on the gimbal instead of the standard 2.

Reactions: JoBe
He did only place 2 anti drop pins on the gimbal. I had flown with 4 pins on the drone before the crash with no issue with the image. I have tried both 2 and 4 since the repair and the images remain the same, even on a totally calm day (no wind on the day of filming the above video).

Thanks Oso,

NatKiern

I have not been able to see the camera shaking/jiggling when hovering it close by. I flew it close around myself trying to see what the problem may be, and couldn't see any issues from the drone or camera unit from that vantage point. Thanks 4wd.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20