P3A vs. P3P downlink stream bitrate comparison

Reaction score
Here is a video I made flying both Phantoms on the same Litchi mission. You can see the differences in the video quality displayed. I forgot to label each one so the P3A is on the left, the P3P is the one on the right.

Last edited:
Here is a video I made flying both Phantoms on the same Litchi mission. You can see the differences in the video quality displayed.

Nice. I've never understood how so many people say they can't see a difference between the two model's FPV.
There have been a few A-B comparisons over the last couple of years, but I like yours the best so far. Maybe it will help the folks who couldn't see the difference.
Thanks for posting sir.

I am afraid that I cannot really tell which is which, just by looking, even though I know. The exposures are 2.7ev apart anyway.

Last edited:
Camera was set to auto and each flight had different light amounts due to the darn sun setting into the horizon as I was flying.

I am afraid that I cannot really tell which is which, just by looking, even though I know. The exposures are 2.7ev apart anyway.
Look for definition differences in the tree's, leaves, and grass. It's there.

When I first bought my 4th. Phantom, a P3P, I was a bit disappointed not seeing a drastic difference. But as I kept flying between the two versions I began noticing the difference. So, convinced and encouraged I bought a P3P 4K camera for my P3A. Now I just gotta flash it to a P3P without bricking my firstborn....

Update:
I changed the P3A camera to a P3P camera. Flashed the phantom bin file to 1.10.90. Fired up the beauty and initially there was no live view.... Rebooted all and then live view started normally. It is now a P3P.

Reactions: Oso
I fly sometimes with a friend who has a P3P and I am always jealous of how clear the video is on his tablet. I've been wanting to switch cameras as well, but afraid to buy second hand with so many bad camera boards out there. Where did you get yours?

Forgot to ask you - you know how the video on your tablet looks sharper when you set the camera for video and more blurry when set for photo? When you switched to a P3P camera did that difference go away?

Reactions: JoBe
Forgot to ask you - you know how the video on your tablet looks sharper when you set the camera for video and more blurry when set for photo? When you switched to a P3P camera did that difference go away?
I havn't used photo settings in all the time my Phantom and I have been together.

Reactions: JoBe

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl