P3A/P Dashware profile for for Dat Files

Right. I asked bout the CSV direct from the Litchi app. It has a column for battery %

No I haven't. But I do not know whether you are using the template included in the profile which should indicate battery% correctly.

In any case Dashware has calculators you can use to do simple maths and output to a new column.
When converting a Dat file using Budwalker's converter to a csv file you will have following two columns which you can see in excel:
ratedCapacity remaingCapacity
And Battery % = remaingCapacity divided by ratedCapacity * 100
(and I compared the calculated battery % to Lithchi logs and txt logs and they match)

In Dashware you need to create two calculators:
1st calculator where
remaingCapacity divided by ratedCapacity = a name you create (in my case battery%) = Output value.
2nd calculator
battery% (output value above) x 100 = a new name you create (in my case batteryx100%)
Then you should add a Column mapping where you map the calculated name batteryx100% to Datconverter Battery%.
Now Dashware knows that Battery% = batteryx100%
Check the video out - it seems complicated but once you understand the principle of how Dashware maps data its all easy stuff.

Luap,

what am I missing / not doing correct - I've been here a while now & I just can't see it??

no "battery%" under datconverter

thank you in advance! :/

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    407.7 KB · Views: 407
Does anyone have sample of good .DAT file (and ideally associated video) I can use to check my software setup. having trouble converting. really appreciate the help.

Does anyone have sample of good .DAT file (and ideally associated video) I can use to check my software setup. having trouble converting. really appreciate the help.

Are you working with dashware, or converting a .dat file?

Are you working with dashware, or converting a .dat file?
I'm converting a .dat file for now but plan to use dashware at some point. Trying to find a broader sample of ,dat files to see if everything works properly.

I'm converting a .dat file for now but plan to use dashware at some point. Trying to find a broader sample of ,dat files to see if everything works properly.

Even though you did in fact answer the question, I still can not understand what it is you are needing. Tell me if this is correct, or close.... You installed dashware and would now like to find someone's "converted .dat file with matching video" to test the dashware install? And if your answer to that is Yes,....then I would then be curious why you wasn't focusing on your converter issue instead. Meaning if your converter worked properly then you would not need someone else info.

Even though you did in fact answer the question, I still can not understand what it is you are needing. Tell me if this is correct, or close.... You installed dashware and would now like to find someone's "converted .dat file with matching video" to test the dashware install? And if your answer to that is Yes,....then I would then be curious why you wasn't focusing on your converter issue instead. Meaning if your converter worked properly then you would not need someone else info.

Sorry if I wasn't clear. you are correct I'm still having converter issues and just wanted to try and run more .DAT files through to make sure everything works before continuing. I'm still a drone newbie so don't have a lot of experience or repository of flights I can use to test. I was wondering there was some repository or similar where folks may have posted their data....again sorry if i'm not asking the question properly ,still learning all the vernaculars...

The link for the profile seems to down...? Any other way of getting this file?

This site can’t be reached
members.freemail.ch took too long to respond.

ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT

I've been asked by some to post the Dashware profile For the DatConverter.
The Dat converter is a little program that converts the Dat logs stored in the Phantom.
The Datconverter thread:
New version of .DAT converter | DJI Phantom Forum
You can download the latest Dat Converter here (the zip file includes instructions how to convert the logs):
Fly.zip

The Dashware profile can be downloaded here (the zip file inludes instructions how to install the profile):
DatconverterProfile.zip

Here is an example of a converted log using the template in the Dashware profile:
View attachment 38212

Let me know if you have any issues.
Have fun and if you create new gauges do post them!
I have updated/ copied the appropriate folders over but I keep getting an error when I
The Dat converter is a little program that converts the Dat logs stored in the Phantom.
The Datconverter thread:
You can download the latest Dat Converter here (the zip file includes instructions how to convert the logs):
Fly.zip

The Dashware profile can be downloaded here (the zip file inludes instructions how to install the profile):
DatconverterProfile.zip

Here is an example of a converted log using the template in the Dashware profile:
View attachment 38212

The Datconverter thread:
Fly.zip

DatconverterProfile.zip

View attachment 38212

The Datconverter thread:
Fly.zip

DatconverterProfile.zip

View attachment 38212

I have updated and copied over the appropriate files, see the gauges in the program but am getting the following error while trying to add the data file. Not sure what I'm doing wrong. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-05-22-11-35-00.png
    Screenshot_2016-05-22-11-35-00.png
    453.5 KB · Views: 363
I have updated/ copied the appropriate folders over but I keep getting an error when I
I have updated and copied over the appropriate files, see the gauges in the program but am getting the following error while trying to add the data file. Not sure what I'm doing wrong. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance

I do not know which version of Dashware template you are using. But you should try to copy the file you copied in the Dataprofiles again:

i.e. Close Dashware and copy again
The file in the Unzipped file called: DatConverter v3.xml (could be called differently depending on the version you are using)
copy file to
C:\Users\xxxxx\Documents\DashWare\DataProfiles

Let me know if that helps

I do not know which version of Dashware template you are using. But you should try to copy the file you copied in the Dataprofiles again:

i.e. Close Dashware and copy again
The file in the Unzipped file called: DatConverter v3.xml (could be called differently depending on the version you are using)
copy file to
C:\Users\xxxxx\Documents\DashWare\DataProfiles

Let me know if that helps
Thanks for the reply. I have copied the file again but continue to get the same error. Maybe I will try a different version of DashWare. I am currently using v1.7.37

Hi,

I've converted my data using DatCon 2.4.7 (thank you for building this tool) and I've successfully loaded it into Dashware. I can see the data change in the gauges as I move slider in the sync tab. But when I click the Sync with Video button and play the video (left pane) the data not longer updates in the gauges. Its as though the data is not playing along with the video. I can't see in any tutorials any extract steps I need to make this work. Hopefully I'm missing something. Note I'm working with 1080 video recorded on my DJI Mavic.

Any help would be appreciated.

Matt

The Datconverter thread:
Fly.zip

DatconverterProfile.zip

View attachment 38212

Hi Luap,
I was wondering if you could tell me what I might be doing wrong; I have followed the Dashware Videos, and your instructions, and I get exactly what you show, but my video is not visible when I import it (it turns out it's behind a LOT of the gauges and other indicators you have in this profile.

How would I go about simply loading a video file with just the basic telemetry data without battery and other indications? Like, Speed, Alt, Direction, Distance from home, mission distance, basic stuff like that. Is there a way to import the .dat file and NOT get all this stuff you have showed pre-loaded so you can put your own idicators/gauges on the video overlay?

Hi Luap,
I was wondering if you could tell me what I might be doing wrong; I have followed the Dashware Videos, and your instructions, and I get exactly what you show, but my video is not visible when I import it (it turns out it's behind a LOT of the gauges and other indicators you have in this profile.

How would I go about simply loading a video file with just the basic telemetry data without battery and other indications? Like, Speed, Alt, Direction, Distance from home, mission distance, basic stuff like that. Is there a way to import the .dat file and NOT get all this stuff you have showed pre-loaded so you can put your own idicators/gauges on the video overlay?

Hi AJL,

I encountered the same thing. The default project loads many gauges that fill the video screen. You can toggle the gauges visibility on and off by ticking the Show Gauges box below the video panel. You can remove any gauge or the grey background by left clicking the gauge (it will show yellow circles in the corners of the gauge when selected) and press delete on your keyboard. You do the same to delete the grey background. You can add more gauges from the Gauge toolbox tab and press the "P<=" button. I don't know for sure but I think you can save the current project as a template with your preferred gauges. I haven't got that far as I'm struggling with data issues.

Matt

Hi i user from bot datcon and dashware longe time ago, but today try to instal and do the work in a new computer and i have this problem.

the file data was convert to csv ok but i put this on dashware in the correct place whit the correct profile and V1 and all, the file charge but no info no data no natihing any help? thanks.

Hi all
Had a year or sop away from the drone while my little girl was born and just come back to it.
I've converted .Dat files into CSV's before using flytrex to then overlay data using dashware.
DatCon and the associated profile seem awesome but I seem to be doing something wrong.

Installing datcon and converting the .Dat file to a .Csv file went smoothly as did installting the Dashware profile and template.

I can load the csv file using the datcon profile and all looks good but the graohs don't show any data.

Looking into this it appears to be because the profile is looking for different header names than the datcon program generates.

See below as an example... the Dashware datcon profile is looking for the name 'Volt4' but the actual name in the CSV file is 'Battery(0):cellVolts4'

While I can probably got through and change them all manually it would be a but off a ball ache so any help appreciated.

2le2jbk.jpg

Hi all
Had a year or sop away from the drone while my little girl was born and just come back to it.
I've converted .Dat files into CSV's before using flytrex to then overlay data using dashware.
DatCon and the associated profile seem awesome but I seem to be doing something wrong.

Installing datcon and converting the .Dat file to a .Csv file went smoothly as did installting the Dashware profile and template.

I can load the csv file using the datcon profile and all looks good but the graohs don't show any data.

Looking into this it appears to be because the profile is looking for different header names than the datcon program generates.

See below as an example... the Dashware datcon profile is looking for the name 'Volt4' but the actual name in the CSV file is 'Battery(0):cellVolts4'

While I can probably got through and change them all manually it would be a but off a ball ache so any help appreciated.

2le2jbk.jpg
The current version of DatCon doesn't support DashWare. The link to the profile you're using has been removed from the DatFile site. I think that profile will work with DatCon 2.3.0 which can be obtained here

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4