P3A: Issue with RAW image, white bar with purple dots (Pic inside)

Reaction score
Hey guys, I have been flying the P3A for about 6 months and occasionally in my shots, I would get a few image that has a white bar across with purple dots on it. I shoot everything in RAW. See sample image below:

vVEBgDi.jpg

(this image is a straight out of camera RAW file exported to JPEG)

I already switched out the memory from the one that came with the P3A to a newer 64GB Sandisk one and the problem still persist.

I use the latest Lightroom to post-process the RAW. Firmware on the P3A and RC has been updated to the latest one.

Anyone else encounter this issue or know a fix for this?

If I had to guess, I would suspect a problem with the camera sensor.
Has this ever happened shooting video?

I'm going to cross my fingers and hope it is limited to the P3A. I have never seen or heard about this on a P3P so far. Perhaps the upgrade to 2.7K video in the P3A firmware messed with something in the still recording, or is causing the sensor to overheat in a particular area when stills are taken?

sorry to disappoint. I have a P3P. but hey at least no stress cracks

cheers

sorry to disappoint. I have a P3P. but hey at least no stress cracks

cheers
Bummer! Hope it's just a limited problem with your sensors. Seems like it could be due to overheating of the sensor. What were you doing with the camera during the time period before it started? Any bracketed exposures of 3 or 5 frames at a time?

I'm going to cross my fingers and hope it is limited to the P3A. I have never seen or heard about this on a P3P so far. Perhaps the upgrade to 2.7K video in the P3A firmware messed with something in the still recording, or is causing the sensor to overheat in a particular area when stills are taken?

The issue happened before and happens after I upgraded the firmware to support 2.7k video mode. I flew when it's was 60-70 degree Fahrenheit outside and it still cause the problem.

Also, just to notes, this issue only happens 2-3 times in my set of about 30 pictures. So for anyone that is experiencing the problem, you can set your camera to Burst mode so you have more than one picture of the subject you are capturing just in case one of your pic has the problem.

If you are using burst mode, you may be exacerbating the problem, if the sensor is overheating from too much activity. It's not intended to be a machine gun, ripping off 5 frames a second for minutes at atime. If you want that, get the P3P and shoot 4K video at 25 fps, and extract 4 MB stills.

If you are using burst mode, you may be exacerbating the problem, if the sensor is overheating from too much activity. It's not intended to be a machine gun, ripping off 5 frames a second for minutes at atime. If you want that, get the P3P and shoot 4K video at 25 fps, and extract 4 MB stills.

I'm doing single shot, not burst.

Likely a defective camera sensor then. Contact DJI for further analysis and warranty replacement.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31