SD / Image transmission issue after FW upgrade

Reaction score
Hi Pilots and fellow enthusiasts,

Gear :
Phantom 4 (v02.00.0700)
Phantom RC (v 1.9.3)
iPad Air (iOS 11.3 15e126)
Memory : Sandisk extreme plus 32gb (worked fine prior to FW update)

Short version :
Latest FW upgrade has caused SD issue/no image transmission.

Long version :
In order to use Drone Deploy, I updated all FW and also DJI Go 4 App.

Subsequently I got an error of no image transmission. Initial thoughts were that DD caused it. Then researching online I found a youtube video with a guy saying he fixed the image transmission issue by taking out the SD card and formatting it. The thing is, in my case the SD card isn't recognised either! I've tried 3 different cards and also formatted the usual one on PC.

I've also tried multiple different cables for ipad -> RC connection.

Physically there has been no damage to the P4 and literally all thats changed is the FW.

What are possible troubleshooting options?

When I plugged in the SD card to my PC I've noticed a DCIM folder and txt (log file) was created. This is strange, seeing that it had been formatted earlier on my PC.

So effectively while the DJI Go4 app shows no SD card, the P4 has actually written files to it?
Capture.PNG

Gear :
Phantom 4 (v02.00.0700)
Phantom RC (v 1.9.3)

Short version :

Long version :

Subsequently I got an error of no image transmission. Initial thoughts were that DD caused it. Then researching online I found a youtube video with a guy saying he fixed the image transmission issue by taking out the SD card and formatting it. The thing is, in my case the SD card isn't recognised either! I've tried 3 different cards and also formatted the usual one on PC.

Physically there has been no damage to the P4 and literally all thats changed is the FW.

Having tried every solution on this forum I finally found the solution.

So here’s what I discovered. I have a P4 standard which worked fine with my iPad Air 1st generation. Then at the back half of 2017 DJI issued a firmware update. This froze halfway through and after multiple discussions it went to DJI for fixing. Transmission images at this time were chronic. I put this down to the failed firmware update.

When it came back I tested it for transmission image stability - it was ok. Then we had some decent weather, I took it outside and flew it, the transmitted image was breaking up. More research and I was told the house WiFi was interfering. So, trip out to the countryside, 5 seconds into the flight - no image. So what was different from the day it came back from DJI?

I remembered that when I got it back from DJI I had tested it on my iPad Pro and it worked. So I went outside and tried a flight using the iPad Pro - no image problems whatsoever. The image problems were specific to the iPad Air. So what’s going on? I already had to replace an iPad mini as it was “no longer supported”, am I now being forced to find another means of display? The iPad Pro doesn’t fit the bracket. I’m not impressed with this, my P4 has been unusable for 7 months, can anyone from DJI tell me what are my options, apart from to buy a newer standard iPad? My apologies if this “solution” has been discussed elsewhere on the forum, if it has I’ve not managed to find it. I'd be interested to know if you're in the same situation Crusader 7?

Reactions: crusader7
PC users
Install and launch AOMEI Partition Assistant from your computer. Right click the SD card you want to format to exFAT, choose exFAT file system and hit option “Format Partition”.

Having tried every solution on this forum I finally found the solution.

So here’s what I discovered. I have a P4 standard which worked fine with my iPad Air 1st generation. Then at the back half of 2017 DJI issued a firmware update. This froze halfway through and after multiple discussions it went to DJI for fixing. Transmission images at this time were chronic. I put this down to the failed firmware update.

When it came back I tested it for transmission image stability - it was ok. Then we had some decent weather, I took it outside and flew it, the transmitted image was breaking up. More research and I was told the house WiFi was interfering. So, trip out to the countryside, 5 seconds into the flight - no image. So what was different from the day it came back from DJI?

I remembered that when I got it back from DJI I had tested it on my iPad Pro and it worked. So I went outside and tried a flight using the iPad Pro - no image problems whatsoever. The image problems were specific to the iPad Air. So what’s going on? I already had to replace an iPad mini as it was “no longer supported”, am I now being forced to find another means of display? The iPad Pro doesn’t fit the bracket. I’m not impressed with this, my P4 has been unusable for 7 months, can anyone from DJI tell me what are my options, apart from to buy a newer standard iPad? My apologies if this “solution” has been discussed elsewhere on the forum, if it has I’ve not managed to find it. I'd be interested to know if you're in the same situation Crusader 7?

I have a 10.5 inch iPad Pro, and it fits into the bracket on the controller with no issue. it is a-little snug, but once its in there its good to go.

Gear :
Phantom 4 (v02.00.0700)
Phantom RC (v 1.9.3)

Short version :

Long version :

"No image transmission..." It's the mSD card if you see the gimbal mechanics working... See below

Scenario: P4P, RC, Gimbal, Camera, everything previously working well.
Problem: Everything but Gimbal camera connection working fine. RC Message "No Image Transmission"
Specifics to Problem: Gimbal mechanics are working, but no image on the RC screen. Slight delay in shutting drone down.
Recent change: Added DJI/Seagate GoFly EHD without problems and treated the SD card the same as always.
FIX: Power on RC
Start DJI Go app
Power on P4P...
No active image on RC? "No image transmission" error seen somewhere?
- my camera mechanic were still working as normal at this stage...
Shut down P4P
Take out mSD card
Start up P4P.... Voila! Image transmission now should be working.
Results check: shut down P4P, insert another mSD card, turn on P4P..... all still working.
Findings:
Retried problem mSD card same issue, No Image Transmission and no image on RC media screen.
Format SD card function did not work for me. My research revealed sometimes this did show up for some and the able to reformat the mSD card.
Installed non working mSD card into a card reader and removed all existing folders, including "DCIM".
Reinstalled "non working mSD" card into P4P after deleting any remaining folder... REFORMAT Function now available. So far everything is working!!

Thanks or that diagnosis. I will get back to testing and let you know. Sort of had a feeling it was the SD card after firmware updates of the bird.

Fingers x'd.

Cheers

"No image transmission..." It's the mSD card if you see the gimbal mechanics working... See below

Scenario: P4P, RC, Gimbal, Camera, everything previously working well.
Problem: Everything but Gimbal camera connection working fine. RC Message "No Image Transmission"
Specifics to Problem: Gimbal mechanics are working, but no image on the RC screen. Slight delay in shutting drone down.
Recent change: Added DJI/Seagate GoFly EHD without problems and treated the SD card the same as always.
FIX: Power on RC
Start DJI Go app
Power on P4P...
No active image on RC? "No image transmission" error seen somewhere?
- my camera mechanic were still working as normal at this stage...
Shut down P4P
Take out mSD card
Start up P4P.... Voila! Image transmission now should be working.
Results check: shut down P4P, insert another mSD card, turn on P4P..... all still working.
Findings:
Retried problem mSD card same issue, No Image Transmission and no image on RC media screen.
Format SD card function did not work for me. My research revealed sometimes this did show up for some and the able to reformat the mSD card.
Installed non working mSD card into a card reader and removed all existing folders, including "DCIM".
Reinstalled "non working mSD" card into P4P after deleting any remaining folder... REFORMAT Function now available. So far everything is working!!

Im still having the same issue. What has changed is that :

- "no image transmission" is only sporadic... and not dependent on whether there is an SD card or not
- However even with the image transmission on, I cannot use the remote or DJI app on the ipad to click photos?

The P4 is running latest firmware according to the app. I will check the remote but technically if the image transmission is working I should be able to use the DJI GO ipad app to take pics?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers