P3 not stable hover recently

Reaction score
Hello everyone

I wanna ask,

recently my p3a, became a little bit not stable while hovering in place. No crash or anything occured.
How can i fix it?

IMU Calibration? What else?

Turn off the VPS and see if that helps. I leave mine off and never use it. I have found it much smoother to land as well.

Reactions: t2adze
This is assuming you are hovering at 20ft or less.

Reactions: t2adze
But IMU is also neccesary? or i can try those advice first and after approach IMU?
Try one fix at a time. That way you'll know what resolved the problem (for future reference in case it happens again).

Hey again,

Did the compas calibration. Turned off the VPS. But i think the hover is not stable. P3A.

Here is the video, of hovering on 1.5m and after around 3m altitude for a little while.

Let me know if it definately is out of normal or i am being too picky :D

I received my P3P back from repairs and set up for a test flight ... did all the usual - made sure all OK ...

Went outside and that bird just would not settle into a hover ... she was unstable and ranging about 2m either side .... I did the rest of the flight to test camera etc. - All went well apart from that initial Toilet Bowl Effect.

I re-calibrated IMU / Compass and then tried another flight. Totally different - steady as a rock.

Here's first test ... you will get the idea as soon as she lifts off !!

And then here again after calibrating again ... steady as a rock (well as good as you ever get within 1 - 2ft)

Nigel

I have the Phantom 3 Professional and it does drift, it needs constant adjustment with the remote controls. Unlike the Mavic Platinum which is superb. It will hover in the same place for a very long time allowing a flyer to adjust settings on the remote. Mine is completely updated with the firmware. It seems to be a common problem with the Phantom 3 series. I wonder if DJI can somehow fix this problem. I calibrated everything compass & IMU, no difference!

I have same problem. I even demagnetized the compass. Calibrated IMU. But no success.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj