P3 motor swap

Reaction score
I have a Phantom 3 4k that I am using as a fishing drone. I am seeking input on how to increase the payload/lifting capability of the P3. I also want to keep the internals and battery as stock as possible. A simple motor swap would be ideal, but I am not familiar with what motors would work best as a direct swap for the stock motors. Please post your thoughts.
Thanks

Just went to "search forums" at top. entered "motors payload". Got this as first result:

Remember there's "search".

IMO, sell it and upgrade to a better Phantom. Even a newer P3A/P but a P4 is best. Good luck fellow fisherman. ??

This is interesting advise, and based on my testing is accurate. I actually have two drones, a P3 4k and a P3 advanced. The 4k version can lift 41 ounces, while the advanced can lift 53 ounces. I am very pleased with the results on the advanced, but I am considering ways to increase the capabilities of the 4k even beyond that. Basically a direct motor swap that would accomplish this. Thanks for the reply and all input is welcomed here.

What type of propeller are you using?
I have used the stock props but I am getting a few more ounces using DJI carbon fiber props. I believe they are a blend of carbon fiber and nylon. Stiffer than stock props but not full carbon fiber.

I have used the stock props but I am getting a few more ounces using DJI carbon fiber props. I believe they are a blend of carbon fiber and nylon. Stiffer than stock props but not full carbon fiber.
Have you ever thought about trying 9455 Carbon Fiber 3-Blade Propeller For DJI Phantom 3

I will check them out. Are they supposed to increase thrust and payload? If so how much?
Thanks
YES THEY ARE TO INCREASE THRUST & PAYLOAD I just gotta A set the Mail today And I'll let you know what I think of THEM and how GOOD they work soon as I try THEM out.

Reactions: MJM56
I will check them out. Are they supposed to increase thrust and payload? If so how much?
Thanks
Thanks
2020-08-24 (2).png
2020-08-24 (3).png

Have you had time for testing? If so how did they do?
Have you had time for testing? If so how did they do?
Yes I've had time to test them I usually get 15 minutes on a battery on my phantom 2 I flew for a whole 30 minutes on one battery & I did a test where I held my drone in my hand throttle it full throttle with both type of propellers three blade propeller did lot more Lift.

Reactions: MJM56

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers