P3 Advance (rapid yellow flashing)

Reaction score
Hello everyone, looking for some help here with a Phantom 3 advance. when you power up in this order, this happens

(power on to RC) - red light
(power on to AC) - camera light flashers green - rear lights flash Red (short) - Green (short) - amber & red (long) - amber flash (fast) as the rear lights are flashing the (camera light) goes Green (RC is Green)
(open app) and there is nothing coming from the AC to the app. (no AC Status)
The Status bar says (disconnected)

I have tried
3 leads
updating firm ware on AC & RC the report from the AC says (firmware on card same as AC) The RC wont update off usb lead from AC or from USB stick and i can not open RC in app to update firmware
Have tried (linking RC) and get (Confirm Frequency Settings)
The light on OFDM module ( is blinking red/green) after i push it to re-link RC it goes red (only)
Have been thorough all of the firm ware updates on both the AC and the RC (but the RC wont update) - No blue lights

Is there more than one problem here? rear light flashing yellow & the app saying disconnected?

Please help - Im out of ideas - skill - coffee - and sleep

Is your remote controller linked to your Phantom? If not, you can link it like this:

If that does not resolve your issue, then please share more details about your situation. When did this problem start? What did you do in between the time your Phantom last worked as expected and now?

Hi and thanks for your input.

I have tried a number of times to link the RC but the app displays (confirmfrequency settings)
The light on the RC is green (as if it is linked) after you turn on the AC the light on the gimbal is also green ( after the AC runs through its warm up)

The app shows the AC as disconnected there is no camera feed.

About the only thing you can do is tilt the gimbal with the RC

This all started when one of the workers tried to swap from Os to Andriod, im not sure if he tried to update the firmware.

My app works fine on the other phantom i have and there is no issues with it.

I tried to upload a vidro of the phantom - but got error message - file does not have allowable extention.

My life is full of errors :)

The video is here
Hope this helps confirm my error.

I want to fly
I was watching your video saying to myself, "please show the FW versions, please show the FW versions," as you moved between screens in the app.
Do you know what FW versions you have on the AC and the RC?
You said that you tried to update the AC but the text file said same version. What version?
Also, your RC. Do you know the FW version? If your coworker updated the RC version when he was trying to move to Android, perhaps he created a FW mismatch.
We can get more ideas if you know that info.

Thank you for the input and sorry for not listing the FW
AC is running FW V01.10.0090
Not sure about RC as i can not get any output to the app to check. ( is there another way to check)
And i can not get the RC to respond to the firmware at all. Eg firmware loaded on a usb stick or on the sd card. The lights stay red on the RC and nothing happens.

Try resetting your remote controller like this.

The video is here
Hope this helps confirm my error.

I want to fly

Never done an advanced but on the standard when you press the button on the app aren't you supposed to then press the recessed button on the quad to complete the pairing process ?

aren't you supposed to then press the recessed button on the quad to complete the pairing process ?
Yes. You can see that in the video I posted above. The OP wasn't able to get the remote controller to enter the linking mode, so pressing the button on the Phantom is not going to help.

Reactions: crash1sttime
I just updated my P3A firmware Thursday. Your original post describes the yellow lights, are you hearing the beeping? When the update is done the bird is powered off and the SD card removed. Once I read that the update was successful, I format the card for use.
My bird sat there with the D-DD and yellow flashing until it was powered off. I have not ever put a card back in with the same firmware it is running, so don't know how it would behave. But is that maybe what you are doing?
Still learning and my first update in a long time, but thought it might help??

Try resetting your remote controller like this.
Hi Thanks for the tip - but sadly nothing.
Held buttons as required and turned RC off and inserted USB stick with latest firmware (same as craft) turn RC back on and 1 (red) light and 4 (white ) lights - nothing goes blue.

Could it be a dead RC - can i swap my other RC over to this craft and then swap it back without causing myself a heap of stress

can i swap my other RC over to this craft and then swap it back without causing myself a heap of stress
Yes -- if the RC is compatible with your P3A. Just follow the video I posted above to link it.

Up - Date on the Yellow flashing lights - SOLVED

Firstly a BIG thank you to all the members that replied with thoughts and advise.

There was more than 1 fault. first and biggest fault was that the RC said it was connected to the AC (correct lights) but the Ap (dji go) displayed the word disconnected in the stats bar. And as there was no feed from the camera or AC, it was assumed to be a firmware fault.
So i tried
1. update firmware on both the AC and RC (result) log from AC - firmware is the same as on craft.
2. the RC would not go into update mode (even with hard start)
3. still had rapid yellow flash from craft.
4. could not pair the RC to the AC
5. still had yellow flashing
6. tried everything listed above and what i could find here.

Paired another RC to craft - result
1. SD card corrupt - appeared in app
2. yellow flashing stopped
3. feed from camera worked

Answer - the RC said it was connected, but in fact it was the fault! as a result the yellow rapid flash, was the AC displaying there was no signal from RC
I am unsure if the corrupt SD card played its part in the fault as well.

*footnote there is a number of RCs listed on auction sites with the same fault - no camera feed, so this could be a fault worth noting.

Summary - just because the correct lights are displayed on the AC and RC means - nothing in some cases - no camera feed means - disconnected

So, your fix was to use a new RC?

Up - Date on the Yellow flashing lights - SOLVED

Firstly a BIG thank you to all the members that replied with thoughts and advise.

There was more than 1 fault. first and biggest fault was that the RC said it was connected to the AC (correct lights) but the Ap (dji go) displayed the word disconnected in the stats bar. And as there was no feed from the camera or AC, it was assumed to be a firmware fault.
So i tried
1. update firmware on both the AC and RC (result) log from AC - firmware is the same as on craft.
2. the RC would not go into update mode (even with hard start)
3. still had rapid yellow flash from craft.
4. could not pair the RC to the AC
5. still had yellow flashing
6. tried everything listed above and what i could find here.

Paired another RC to craft - result
1. SD card corrupt - appeared in app
2. yellow flashing stopped
3. feed from camera worked

Answer - the RC said it was connected, but in fact it was the fault! as a result the yellow rapid flash, was the AC displaying there was no signal from RC
I am unsure if the corrupt SD card played its part in the fault as well.

*footnote there is a number of RCs listed on auction sites with the same fault - no camera feed, so this could be a fault worth noting.

Summary - just because the correct lights are displayed on the AC and RC means - nothing in some cases - no camera feed means - disconnected
Great!! So what was the fix???

Hello everyone, looking for some help here with a Phantom 3 advance. when you power up in this order, this happens

(power on to RC) - red light
(power on to AC) - camera light flashers green - rear lights flash Red (short) - Green (short) - amber & red (long) - amber flash (fast) as the rear lights are flashing the (camera light) goes Green (RC is Green)
(open app) and there is nothing coming from the AC to the app. (no AC Status)
The Status bar says (disconnected)

I have tried
3 leads
updating firm ware on AC & RC the report from the AC says (firmware on card same as AC) The RC wont update off usb lead from AC or from USB stick and i can not open RC in app to update firmware
Have tried (linking RC) and get (Confirm Frequency Settings)
The light on OFDM module ( is blinking red/green) after i push it to re-link RC it goes red (only)
Have been thorough all of the firm ware updates on both the AC and the RC (but the RC wont update) - No blue lights

Is there more than one problem here? rear light flashing yellow & the app saying disconnected?

Please help - Im out of ideas - skill - coffee - and sleep
Try replacing the lightning cable from remote to phone or tablet. Mine did the same thing and it was the cable.

At this stage the fix is a new RC (sorry for not including this)
In using a RC from another Phantom there was no longer a fault.

It is also to be noted - in (help guide for the phantom 3 Adv Pro) by Fantomas
Page 44 under DJI issues - 1.Non - visual live feed image i.e a blank screen that appears instead of camera feed.
Reason - certain chip pins on SD card are not connecting properly to the circuit causing the camera to start abnormally, making the screen black.

This could have also been the reason for no camera feed - but i have tested this and it does not appear to be my fault.

my fault is clearly - the RC is disconnected from the AC even thou the light on the RC was (green)

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl