P3 Firmware P3 4K upgrades necessary?

Reaction score
Hi Folks. Newbie here with a used P3 4k. The aircraft functions/flys just fine but during startup I always get a reminder that firmware upgrades are required. I see a TON of threads regarding issues during/after upgrades so I am leary to upgrade if everything functions as it should. Also, I have read conflicting stories about the process...through the app?(wifi connection) or through computer using usb connection? Will the RC and AC upgrade together or do they get done separate? How do I know which versions of what firmware will work together? As mentioned this was recently purchased used so I have no idea if any upgrades have ever been performed....all I know is it functions fine as is. Really not excited about making a perfectly good bird a paperweight because of "upgrades" Thoughts? Suggestions? Thanks!!

Hi Folks. Newbie here with a used P3 4k. The aircraft functions/flys just fine but during startup I always get a reminder that firmware upgrades are required. I see a TON of threads regarding issues during/after upgrades so I am leary to upgrade if everything functions as it should. Also, I have read conflicting stories about the process...through the app?(wifi connection) or through computer using usb connection? Will the RC and AC upgrade together or do they get done separate? How do I know which versions of what firmware will work together? As mentioned this was recently purchased used so I have no idea if any upgrades have ever been performed....all I know is it functions fine as is. Really not excited about making a perfectly good bird a paperweight because of "upgrades" Thoughts? Suggestions? Thanks!!
I have in past and present always use the app for firmware ,I have no computer so it's done with OTG cable adapter, before I give p34k away this was my preferred way ,never had issues,after new firmware update has been downloaded I OTG it from device direct to drone usb,,,,,,also updates pretty good now days,,I was one never to update till on location to fly and had locked craft,solid red lights all over,,,I had to update without a choice,,,not happen much but it does happen

Next question. Where do I see what version firmware is installed in the AC and RC? I dug around the app today but couldn't seem to find it. All I see is the reminder to do updates. Will it force the updates at some point or can I keep flying it as is?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl