P2V & Ground Station

Visioneer said:
My question is how is this going to be made to work in the real world? Programming a flight plan and turning a craft loose to do it's own thing assumes that there's nothing else in the air - perhaps possible in very remote areas, but in populated areas, i.e., those with all manner of air traffic? Did I miss something in my understanding of what GS is?

I'm not raising the issue of what may or not be legal now or in the future, rather the common sense issue of avoiding mid-air collisions. What have I missed here?

All good points, however, it already exists today. The only thing new is it's availability for the P2 (and maybe someday the P2V.)

Thanks ... got it!

It'd be a great feature to play with but unless I'm in the countryside where there's little likelihood of air traffic I don't think I'd want to send it beyond where I could still see it (or more to the point, what's around it). Which raises another question ... in its present incarnation, is that possible, i.e., retaking control of a Phantom that's already following a programmed flight (assuming it's still in control range)?

Visioneer said:
Thanks ... got it!

It'd be a great feature to play with but unless I'm in the countryside where there's little likelihood of air traffic I don't think I'd want to send it beyond where I could still see it (or more to the point, what's around it). Which raises another question ... in its present incarnation, is that possible, i.e., retaking control of a Phantom that's already following a programmed flight (assuming it's still in control range)?

Yep as long as you are within Tx range you can take over manual control in the middle of executing a mission.

Now when taking over manual control with the Tx does that kill the planed waypoints?

What I would really like to do is plan a route with the ground station but still have yaw control with the Tx to frame shots.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20