Over whelmed

I know they were a boatload of complaints about the high brightness overheating and shutting down ...did you get the bigger one or the smaller one? How much have you used it?

I know they were a boatload of complaints about the high brightness overheating and shutting down ...did you get the bigger one or the smaller one? How much have you used it?

No issues with the high brightness 7.85", used quite a bit, wind seems my worst enemy here on the Oregon coast.

No issues with the high brightness 7.85", used quite a bit, wind seems my worst enemy here on the Oregon coast.
Have you used it in high temperature?

Have you used it in high temperature?

Doesn't get too warm here, believe around 85° is about the warmest since I bought the CrystalSky. No issues. We can get really hot weather here because of Santa Anna like off shore winds, but when they blow, I won't fly anyway.

Doesn't get too warm here, believe around 85° is about the warmest since I bought the CrystalSky. No issues. We can get really hot weather here because of Santa Anna like off shore winds, but when they blow, I won't fly anyway.
Can you tell me when and where you got it? Makes me wonder if you got a new production with the problems fixed.

Reactions: 3putts
I had a P4 Pro 4 Plus last year for about eight seconds and sent it back. The screen looked like a postage stamp. It was far too small and very crowded and difficult for me to see clearly without glasses, and unfortunately it was proprietary, so you could never install any third party software on it.

No thanks, it wasn't for, and I went right back to my iPad Mini 4 and have never had an issue since.

Bud

Overwhelmed that is!

I'm about to jump into the world of drone photography and have been searching, reading and watching videos, hours worth. I photograph commercial properties and want to provide my clients with aerial shots and maybe short videos. Of course I will obtain the license to shoot commercially.

I've come to the conclusion that the Phantom 4 pro will be the best drone, but will probably hold off to see what will be coming out in July. Maybe the P5?

The toughest decision is wether or not to use my Samsung 8" Galaxy note S2 or go with the plus for the built in screen. Either way I'll have to use my readers to see the screen well. Thoughts on this would greatly be appriciated!

Viewing the DJI site I am not able to find the Phantom Pro plus, has it been discontinued?

Thanks for reading this post and your input as to my decisions would be greatly valued!

Still wish we could find out if DJI had fix the problem and if they did, what is the starting serial number of the fixed , new line they produced.

Making the drone decision is hard. My preference at this point is for portability.

Here is a video made from both my Phantom 4 Pro and my Mavic Air:
<iframe src="Portland Head Light 20180630 from Russell Schundler on Vimeo" width="640" height="360" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

The close-ups of the light house were all taken by the Mavic Air ... real nice sharpness. When viewing this video, most can't tell which "clips" were made with which drone. So, as you can imagine, I normally leave my Phantom 4 Pro behind in favor of my little Mavic Air. The only justification, for me, for the Phantom 4 Pro is it's longer flight time

I have the Ultrabright 7.85" model. On warm days it seems to have glitches, such as 'not responding' errors. Yesterday, I got an 'aircraft disconnected' message and although I still had RC control, I could not reestablish contact with the CS Ultrabright after rebooting it and the RC both. Had to land the drone and reboot everything.

Overwhelmed that is!

I'm about to jump into the world of drone photography and have been searching, reading and watching videos, hours worth. I photograph commercial properties and want to provide my clients with aerial shots and maybe short videos. Of course I will obtain the license to shoot commercially.

I've come to the conclusion that the Phantom 4 pro will be the best drone, but will probably hold off to see what will be coming out in July. Maybe the P5?

The toughest decision is wether or not to use my Samsung 8" Galaxy note S2 or go with the plus for the built in screen. Either way I'll have to use my readers to see the screen well. Thoughts on this would greatly be appriciated!

Viewing the DJI site I am not able to find the Phantom Pro plus, has it been discontinued?

Thanks for reading this post and your input as to my decisions would be greatly valued!
Phantom 4 Pro and an I Pad. I Pads are all over Craigslist if you can't afford a new one. But at least a new one is a tax write off for your business. If framing photos and video really matter to you, I would stick with I Pad.

Phantom 4 Pro and an I Pad. I Pads are all over Craigslist if you can't afford a new one. But at least a new one is a tax write off for your business. If framing photos and video really matter to you, I would stick with I Pad.
I have the iPad 2017 and when I go to review pictures, and tried to zoom in on the photo to see the clarity I don't think the iPad has the resolution to do it, actually I know it doesn't have the resolution. I upload them to my Galaxy 8s and the pictures are clear as a bell. I'm considering using my Galaxy 8s.

Contact Drone World. They have what you're looking for, pricing is great, customer service and phone advice is always up to speed and above board. I have the P4 Advanced with the built in display. You can get a sun shade for it if you choose. However, I live in the southwest of Texas and southeast of New Mexico and have never had a vision issue in the bright sun. Additionally, the built in display is already loaded with the DJI apps needed to fly, they update automatically and I have not had one second of problems. Good luck and safe flying.

Thanks all for the input! I'm near the decision of going of going the tablet route. Putting my 5.5" phone up to my tablet and navigating around I for sure can see things better and my fat thumbs have a better chance of hitting the correct functions than on the phone.
Could I run into problems if the wrong function is tapped on while flying? In other words, are function buttons so close on the screen that one could accidentally hit the wrong button causing flight problems or change settings while in flight?

Could I run into problems if the wrong function is tapped on while flying? In other words, are function buttons so close on the screen that one could accidentally hit the wrong button causing flight problems or change settings while in flight?
Not much. Here's what the screen display looks like:
i-mkhpmCg-L.png

I have heard of someone that accidentally tapped Autoland instead of RTH over on the left side of the screen.
He got into trouble because he didn't cancel the autoland and let it go in a place that wasn't good for landing.
SImply cancelling would have saved him.

I have the iPad 2017 and when I go to review pictures, and tried to zoom in on the photo to see the clarity I don't think the iPad has the resolution to do it, actually I know it doesn't have the resolution. I upload them to my Galaxy 8s and the pictures are clear as a bell. I'm considering using my Galaxy 8s.
Do it.... you can even view your 4K content if you record in mp4.... no stuttering or jittering it plays back very smooth also it's very bright in the Sun....i use my s9+ and power director app for videos....and pics i use lightroom or snapseed... these new Galaxy devices are the bees nees

I hope so. Never realized there was a serious issue, hope I don't learn the hard way.
Please let us know if you have any issues at all

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl