Ordered direct from DJI why not version 3!?!?!

halfast said:
Hello, Everyone! I'm a total newbie to this forum and to quadcopter. In fact, I don't even have mine yet. My sons gave me a P2V for Christmas, great kids. It's in the mail. I'm starting to find and read the forums as a means to begin my education. I stumbled on this thread and it grabbed my interest. Being a geek at heart, I can't have anything without "messing" with it. So, the thought of an upgraded controller (I hope to put a Rotorpixel on after I get some flight experience) and extended wifi range seem very desirable. Has anyone done a tutorial or YT on how to install/config these two options? Or is it so simple any idiot...like me... can do it?
Thanks for the help and the helpfulness of this forum. I'm sure having this resource will quickly accelerate my learning curve. Great resource.

Yup...Pull_Up has an installation video I believe, as well as some others, If you are getting the Vision and not the Vision Plus.

Detailed RotorPixel Installation - DJI Phantom Vision - That HPI Guy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=obe_QqxuT-g

When you get your Vision, you'll want to get familiar with the controls and terms. Take your time and read the manual. Someone is always here to help or answer questions.

The Rotorpixel Gimbal is easy to install.

First word of ///caution ///"Never plug or unplug any cable from or to the Vision while the craft is Powered On!

Phantom 2 Vision User Manual (EN) v1.6
http://www.dji.com/product/phantom-2-vision/download

Welcome to the forum

The Rookie

Thanks, RC. I've already downloaded the manual and quick start guide and will go grab those videos. Still waiting on the arrival. I'll follow your advice on power control/safety. I'll probably try to watch all of the "flying" videos with some control/tip info I can get my hands on before I even unbox this great gift.
Ron L

halfast said:
Thanks, RC. I've already downloaded the manual and quick start guide and will go grab those videos. Still waiting on the arrival. I'll follow your advice on power control/safety. I'll probably try to watch all of the "flying" videos with some control/tip info I can get my hands on before I even unbox this great gift.
Ron L

They are a blast to fly...I've ran out of places to fly for filming (nothing interesting near me) But I still get out and fly for fun, and patrolling the neighborhood, lol.

Ive got the old Colin Guinn DJI training videos (another story, saga)....But I haven't been able to find them online, since he left DJI and sued them.
They were my training Vids, as with many others I suspect. They were very well done.

I could post them private its 547 megabits, 7 videos. A lot of it deals with the Phantom2 but as far as compass cals and other aspects of the NAZA its good info and still relevant.

RC,
I think I may have stumbled into one of Colin's videos posted under a different title while I was trolling YT. It was good.
Is a "private post" something here on this forum? I searched but didn't find the concept. I'd like to get to see those videos. Do you have Dropbox on your PC? You could drop them in Dropbox in the Public folder and send me a link. Actually, most of those cloud services have that sort of link (e.g. Google Drive, Box). If there's a way to do it on this forum, even better, but I can't find the mechanism.
Thanks for all your help.

RC,
THANKS! Got 'em! They are classics. Will be a great reference. Grateful for your help.
Ron

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31