Ordered direct from DJI why not version 3!?!?!

Reaction score
Well I got my Phantom 2 Vision early direct from DJI and after doing a bit of research here on the forums, since mine doesn't specify what version above the bar code it turns out I either have a version 1 or 2!!! Why would DJI just not send me the latest version direct from their factory!?!? And what are the version differences....am I not getting the latest and greatest quadcopter because it's not a version 3?!?!? What's the deal DJI!?

Can you take a pic of top of the motors with props removed. Also one of your remote control.

Esc's = electronic speed controllers. These drive the motors.
TX = transmitter - your remote control.

When did you order and receive it?

Old versions were discounted before the new version came out so if you payed for V3 I would make sure you get it and some spare props or something for your troubles

well i definetly don't have a scroll version of the controller and my controller definetly takes AA batteries...so can I get a definete that I don't have a V3? I am not sure if i ordered a version 3 or not because I just went do the DJI website...clicked on the DJI Phantom 2 vision and pressed buy.......there wasn't any place to select the "V3" phantom.....so what do you guys suggest I do with this particular drone....is there really that much of a difference between the 2 versions that I should be mad about getting the older or can i live with it?

dirkclod said:
I looked at the DJI site an did not see a V3 just saw what you did. I would contact them with it but don't know where that would go. Where did the package come from ,China or a distributor ? That's who I would contact. .......as far as living with it I did and loved it !!!! The V3 just has upgraded TX ,motors and compass but gonna fly the same as far as I know. Maybe someone would jump in and tell us or just look around in here and maybe see a topic on it. I will look in the morning and see what I can find. I have one like yours having all the upgrades installed + a new shell and a new tx on the way so I can't say what the difference is , yet.

thanks for the reply dirk.....it came directly from china....which is where i believe DJI warehouses are? i believe I read somewhere that the V3 has the new battery contacts which is what i was worried about the most seeing as those are the issues people are having with the bad batteries making the phantom just randomly come falling from the sky.......i saw a picture somewhere once on here before purchasing and the contacts to the battery look totally different than the ones i have in mine.....and contacting DJI and their customer service will probably not help resolve anything.... :?

dirkclod said:
Well mine has never fell and I have had mine since April. Not saying those folks have not had issues but I have not.

ok well I think that this issue might be my "bust".....I thought that the regular phantom vision 2 (non plus model) came in a version 3 model....apparently it does not.....i didn't want the vision + with the gimble because I am just going to be flying it around and having a little fun with it....not needing the whole camera etc to use like a professional photographer....so it looks like the phantom vision 2 that i ordered is the correct one....I will fly it tomorr and have fun with it....thank you for the replies dirk....lmk if i am totally off base with this...

well after my first full day of flying I must say this thing is incredible and performed without one hicup....I did notice that all of my videos and pictures were saving to the SD card on the camera itself.....is there any way to save what i video and take pictures of onto my iphone instead of my sd card?

1st_time_flyer said:
dirkclod said:
Well mine has never fell and I have had mine since April. Not saying those folks have not had issues but I have not.

ok well I think that this issue might be my "bust".....I thought that the regular phantom vision 2 (non plus model) came in a version 3 model....apparently it does not.....i didn't want the vision + with the gimble because I am just going to be flying it around and having a little fun with it....not needing the whole camera etc to use like a professional photographer....so it looks like the phantom vision 2 that i ordered is the correct one....I will fly it tomorr and have fun with it....thank you for the replies dirk....lmk if i am totally off base with this...

The current P2V model is my first one but I’ve watched some YT reviews of the V3 model and apparently you can see if you got the new one by checking the compass sensor in the landing gear. The old models had the sensor taped in a groove, while the new models have a cozy little plastic casing for it. I got my model in mid Dez. directly from DJI in China, and it has this little plastic casing for the compass. What I don’t know is if this is also means that my Phantom also has the new more powerful ESCs and motors.

GhostMaster said:
Version 3 has new motors, ESCS and TX.

I don't believe the Vision gets the new TX...

-slinger

GhostMaster said:
gunslinger said:
GhostMaster said:
Version 3 has new motors, ESCS and TX.

I don't believe the Vision gets the new TX...

-slinger
You are right, only the v+ has the v3.

Has anyone verified that the P2V is now being shipped with the new ESC, motors and props? How about the upgraded compass and better shielding? It seems that DJI has all but abandoned the P2V platform quite some time ago... :(

Thanks...
-slinger

dirkclod said:
Just spoke with rep at service center here and he told me that yes some of the last P2V's had the upgrades including the new TX but that DJI has discontinued producing anymore P2V's .

that doesn't seem right......dji still has them listed on their website....weird...

Geert said:
1st_time_flyer said:
dirkclod said:
Just spoke with rep at service center here and he told me that yes some of the last P2V's had the upgrades including the new TX but that DJI has discontinued producing anymore P2V's .

that doesn't seem right......dji still has them listed on their website....weird...

I think it is not weird, they still have stock so they still can sell them and list them on their website. :D
Anyway, if I need to buy a new one today, I would buy a P2V and not the P2V+.

Geert./.

why do you say that geert?

I have another question for you Geert since you seem to be the resident expert. :D ...how do I know if I have the "smart" battery for my copter? any specific way to tell?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik