Orbital Video(360°) Apps

Reaction score
Hello,

What is everyone using to fly orbital flights around POI? I would like to find an app where i can mark the centre of the radius point by pressing a button rather than tapping a point on the map. Mapping can be out ± 30m at times and therefore useless to rely on background mapping within apps.

That's a feature of all of the main flight apps. You can do that on AutoPilot, DJI Go, and Litchi.

Probably would suggest trying it in DJI Go 4 (it is a flight mode) first and if that meets your needs you're good. If you want more advanced options you can jump up to Autopilot (yay!) or (g)Litchi (meh!). Joking aside, if you want to get one of the other apps, take a look around at the control forums to get a sense of them if you don't want to invest in both.

Litchi is a bit more accessible to just jump in and fly, a bit cheaper, and in my experience a lot glitchier.

Autopilot is utterly amazing, a bit more expensive than Litchi (though if you want to use "Magic Leash" app in Litchi the costs even out), and extremely powerful with a number of bits of functionality you can't beat. But with great power comes great complexity and you'll need to be willing to invest the time in learning to use the tool.

Last edited:
Reactions: gerard84
Also, though a beta, {I'm a tester}, check out Drone Harmony. They have an Orbit flight plan where by you can set speed, height, radious, gimble parameters, center, takeoff and landing points.

You can look at a 3D simulation of your flight before actually flying it too.

Currently Android only ...

Last edited:
Reactions: DaRana
Ah yes I am iOS only so I keep haven't checked Drone Harmony out yet. I'm very interested to take a look when it does become available.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik