Litchi trumps DJI Intelligent Flight Mode by a lot!

What is litchi exactly and how reliable is it. Does DJI approve of its use
its a 3rd party flight app for android. It has greatly improved functionality over the DJI GO app and afaik it is every bit as stable as the go app. Faster overall speed for the phantom in follow mode and waypoint planning without the need to "fly the route first", it also gives radar & mini map like IOS. On top of that the developer is very proficient and quick to fix issues (normally narrowed down to DJI mistakes), the app has been in beta forever and is now a release candidate, at this point it's completely legit.
i don't think DJI will ever state they support ANY 3rd party app, however they are all based on their SDK. So garbage in garbage out. Until the 1.4 update 3rd party apps used a different firmware from the firmware the GO app used....now they use they same firmware, a happy marriage.

Last edited:
Reactions: JBG
Good to know! Do you know if you can incorporate an orbit into a waypoint plight plan?
No. I think this is a limitation of the sdk

Sent from my SM-T700 using Tapatalk

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
Not sure what you are trying to show. Looks like a mission and a poi. No orbit???

you're right, all these new modes and names....ooops
You can do it by doing multiple way points around the point of interest. The first icon. Use the drawing tool and draw circle around it and chose focus on nearest point of interest. I usually use 8 points with curve turns to achieve a pretty good circle.

You can do it by doing multiple way points around the point of interest. The first icon. Use the drawing tool and draw circle around it and chose focus on nearest point of interest. I usually use 8 points with curve turns to achieve a pretty good circle.

Another way to do that is far more complex i know is to do the first half of the mission with a finish action of "none", switch to Orbit mode, load your orbit and play it, then go to GS and load the back half of the mission and play it out. Of course not simply and would required controller comms to do. otherwise it's what candubob's suggestion above.

Another way to do that is far more complex i know is to do the first half of the mission with a finish action of "none", switch to Orbit mode, load your orbit and play it, then go to GS and load the back half of the mission and play it out. Of course not simply and would required controller comms to do. otherwise it's what candubob's suggestion above.
The other advantage of using simulated POI WITH WAYPOINTS is if you lose radio signal it will still complete the waypoint where as using POI will just keep circling until it runs out of battery.
I use my drone to do building inspection and looses radio signal many times when I do manual POI ( with both sticks ) and had many close calls with forced RTH.

Reactions: Jason Weston
The other advantage of using simulated POI WITH WAYPOINTS is if you lose radio signal it will still complete the waypoint where as using POI will just keep circling until it runs out of battery.
I use my drone to do building inspection and looses radio signal many times when I do manual POI ( with both sticks ) and had many close calls with forced RTH.

Yes, 90% of my missions are beyond RC signal. So I cant do the orbit at distance. I have been using POI which works but for me it has not been as smooth as an Orbit even using curved turns, etc. Typically works as I am often using just a small segment out of the orbit anyway.

Downloading Litchi as I type this. Question: Does the flight time and distance flown in Litchi accumulate in the totals in the GO app? I'm thinking they might via the SDK, but wanted to confirm.

Downloading Litchi as I type this. Question: Does the flight time and distance flown in Litchi accumulate in the totals in the GO app? I'm thinking they might via the SDK, but wanted to confirm.

No it does not, it does have flight logs but they are not synced with DJI Go

Once I saw how better Litchi was than the native DJI app on my iPhone, I went ahead and bought a Nexus 7 2nd Gen. just to use Litchi instead. So far, it is amazing.

Reactions: SENC
I've just installed Litchi for my Phantom 3 Pro and have been poking around at it.
How do I set the camera to take a picture every 5 seconds with Litchi?
What I want to do is set up flight patterns for stockpile inventory. This will be many parallel flights taking photos with 80% overlap. I know flying at 200' AGL sideways at 11.2 mph and a photo every 5 seconds will give me this.
I also find it's difficult to set my waypoints close to each other. My flight lines are only 45' apart.
OR... am I missing an easier way to do this?

I've just installed Litchi for my Phantom 3 Pro and have been poking around at it.
What I want to do is set up flight patterns for stockpile inventory. This will be many parallel flights taking photos with 80% overlap. I know flying at 200' AGL sideways at 11.2 mph and a photo every 5 seconds will give me this.
I also find it's difficult to set my waypoints close to each other. My flight lines are only 45' apart.
I can only answer the first question, currently you can't adjust camera settings in the Litchi app (autoflight either) you have to set that in the DJI GO app. The Devs for both apps are working to get this option available without needing to switch to the GO app.

I found that Litchi stop recording video when reaching first waypoint when out of video range. Recording starts when returning within video range. Settings issue??

I found that Litchi stop recording video when reaching first waypoint when out of video range. Recording starts when returning within video range. Settings issue??

Do you have it set to auto record in the settings? If so turn that off and then hit record and try it, just a hunch.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Yes I had auto record on. Will try to turn it off. But I also defined "start recording" for each waypoint. Did not work...

Why would you have the waypoint settings set to start recording when it was on auto record, that is probably an issue. Are you on Litchi's beta Google group? If that should be mentioned, if not let me know and I can

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Can you not just zoom in on the map when building your waypoints?

I had start recording in waypoint settings since I lost video on my first run (with just auto record) thought it might start videorecording then. Actually I had start recording for all waypoints, but it did only stop recording for waypoints out of videorange. I am not on litchis google group. I am running latest release.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers