Litchi trumps DJI Intelligent Flight Mode by a lot!

Just for clarification, what do you mean out of video range, how far are you flying away from RC?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I loose video transmission but I still have RC connection. I loose video after about 1 km, but videorecording stops not then but when the first waypoint is reached beyond video range (about 1.5 km). When going home videorecording starts when within video range (about 1 km).

Isn't there a setting to decide what to do on lost feed.....such as keep recording, stop recording, take picture? Maybe that's setup in the GO App

I loose video transmission but I still have RC connection. I loose video after about 1 km, but videorecording stops not then but when the first waypoint is reached beyond video range (about 1.5 km). When going home videorecording starts when within video range (about 1 km).

Probably best to join their Google group and ask the question there, I know he posts here but he is extremely active on his on site.

Google Groups

Can you not just zoom in on the map when building your waypoints?
Yes, I guess I can. My waypoints will be 1000' apart, then 50' apart, then 1000' apart, then 50' apart, etc. Doable, just tedious. I also wish there was a way to scoot them around or renumber them once they've been placed. All in good time, I guess. One thing at a time.

How does Litchi run on something like a Samsung Galaxy Note 3??
I started test Litchi on a note 3 and it work good GS and orbit and so-so for follow me. I guess the GPS on the note 3 is a little weak.
I ended up getting a Nivida shield

I've just installed Litchi for my Phantom 3 Pro and have been poking around at it.
How do I set the camera to take a picture every 5 seconds with Litchi?
What I want to do is set up flight patterns for stockpile inventory. This will be many parallel flights taking photos with 80% overlap. I know flying at 200' AGL sideways at 11.2 mph and a photo every 5 seconds will give me this.
I also find it's difficult to set my waypoints close to each other. My flight lines are only 45' apart.
OR... am I missing an easier way to do this?

You cant yet.
It will be in the next update.

Reactions: Lyle Hardin
Yes, I guess I can. My waypoints will be 1000' apart, then 50' apart, then 1000' apart, then 50' apart, etc. Doable, just tedious. I also wish there was a way to scoot them around or renumber them once they've been placed. All in good time, I guess. One thing at a time.
Waypoints are movable... just press and drag them.

Goto Google group of developer and ask there

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

I've been researching Autopilot. It looks very powerful. But I'm unsure what Litchi offers that's different. I can think that magic leash is something that autopilot doesn't do.

Remember you can also manually edit the saved waypoint files. With some basic (but careful, please!) math, you could build your own straight lines. Just channel your inner geometry student.

I'd also run this by the creators of Litchi though, as there are some SDK limitations on distance of waypoints and waypoint actions. The Litchi guys understand the SDK very well though and should be able to help you out.

Also never hurts to run your ground station mission through the sim before flying it for real.

Informative thread - thanks!

Is it possible to have both the Go and Litchi app on the tablet to, say, have one flight as a way point mission using the Litchi app and then the next flight would concentrate on the quality of the video using the Go app and its camera settings?

In other words, with each specific flight can you choose which app to use without causing problems?

I've been researching Autopilot. It looks very powerful. But I'm unsure what Litchi offers that's different. I can think that magic leash is something that autopilot doesn't do.

Autopilot actually has something called Airspace that blows magic leash away.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Autopilot actually has something called Airspace that blows magic leash away.
Litchi Magic Leash uses cell service which allows virtually unlimited range. Wifi/Bluetooth are far too limiting for this kind of application.

Reactions: JBG
Litchi Magic Leash uses cell service which allows virtually unlimited range. Wifi/Bluetooth are far too limiting for this kind of application.

It does if you happen to be flying in an area where there is cell service, but no cell service == no magic leash and there are a lot or remote areas with no cell service, even in the UK

Last edited:
I have litchi on my iPhone...

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

3ead32e1832c657f11af0e8cdb6c9e21.jpg

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic