Only 300m range

Reaction score
Hi, O bought p3se 2 weeks ago and have fly on the beach and river with any tree and any antennas and i can go more than 300/350m distance and 200 high can you help me?
I live in Málaga spain

Hi, O bought p3se 2 weeks ago and have fly on the beach and river with any tree and any antennas and i can go more than 300/350m distance and 200 high can you help me?
I live in Málaga spain
It's common for P3SE in Europe. If you find ideal condition - open area and absolute no interferrence in your environment you can reach 400 or 500 meters. Or if you travel outside of Europe your drone will fly more kilometers, because it will switch to higher radio signal levels regarding FCC regulation

Check your antenna is pointing straight up and facing the phantom.
Last time I checked, maximum altitude in Spain is 120m, flying to 200m is illegal.

Based on your antenna is responsible for just the controller signals, not for the video signal, it's almost pointless to change the direction. Of course, it's unpleasant then yout controller's range is less then the video signal, so watch the direction, but doesn't help a lot...

Yes, in Europe we live under CE norm and DJI complies with automatic "feature" - reducing output transmitting power to 20 dBm (100 mW) on both frequency bands (2.4 ang 5.8 GHz).
So it is completely normal (unfortunately) to have at most 300 meters range.
If you are at the open field (free of houses and signal towers), switch your frequency band to 2.4 GHz, that will give you some 700 meters range.
At the moment we are experimenting how to change from CE norm to FCC, which will give us 27 dBm (500 mW) output power and a full range.

About antennas. There is one small visible stick antenna (omni directional, dual band) mounted outside RC. This antenna is responsible for RC - phone device communication and nothing else. Take that for fact. On my RC I folded it inside RC and range and/or signals quality are the same. Also, inside the RC are placed 2 panel dual band antennas which are both responsible for RC - drone communication. Those antennas are not omni directional and you have to point them toward your drone. Don't put nothing in front of your RC (not even fingers), because that will reduce the link quality. If you look closely at the front of RC should be sign where antennas are placed.

Note: P3 Standard and P3 SE shares the same RC housing, but they are not the same at all!. P3 Standard uses older technology where that outer stick antenna is very important for RC-drone communication. That is why windsurfer booster will work on P3 Standard, but will do nothing on P3 SE.

Yes, in Europe we live under CE norm and DJI complies with automatic "feature" - reducing output transmitting power to 20 dBm (100 mW) on both frequency bands (2.4 ang 5.8 GHz).
So it is completely normal (unfortunately) to have at most 300 meters range.
If you are at the open field (free of houses and signal towers), switch your frequency band to 2.4 GHz, that will give you some 700 meters range.
At the moment we are experimenting how to change from CE norm to FCC, which will give us 27 dBm (500 mW) output power and a full range.

About antennas. There is one small visible stick antenna (omni directional, dual band) mounted outside RC. This antenna is responsible for RC - phone device communication and nothing else. Take that for fact. On my RC I folded it inside RC and range and/or signals quality are the same. Also, inside the RC are placed 2 panel dual band antennas which are both responsible for RC - drone communication. Those antennas are not omni directional and you have to point them toward your drone. Don't put nothing in front of your RC (not even fingers), because that will reduce the link quality. If you look closely at the front of RC should be sign where antennas are placed.

Note: P3 Standard and P3 SE shares the same RC housing, but they are not the same at all!. P3 Standard uses older technology where that outer stick antenna is very important for RC-drone communication. That is why windsurfer booster will work on P3 Standard, but will do nothing on P3 SE.
Hallo, ich bin neu in diesem Forum und habe seit einigen Monaten ein P3SE. Ich fliege seit einigen Monaten mit der russischen Firmware. Sie können diese Firmware auch auf einem polnischen Drohnenforum sehen.

Meine größte Entfernung mit dieser Firmware war 1,8 km auf einer Höhe von 220 Metern. Dann schaltete der RTH ein und kam die Drohne wieder zurück.

Hello, I am new to this forum and have a P3SE for a few months now. I have been flying for several months with the Russian firmware. You can also see this firmware on a Polish drone forum.

My biggest distance with this firmware was 1.8 km at a height of 220 meters. Then the RTH switched on and the drone came back again.

It's common for P3SE in Europe. If you find ideal condition - open area and absolute no interferrence in your environment you can reach 400 or 500 meters. Or if you travel outside of Europe your drone will fly more kilometers, because it will switch to higher radio signal levels regarding FCC regulation
With a P3SE you have to be able to reach at least 600 meters. I also fly in Europe and regularly get a distance of 1100 meters. I get this distance in open area and without any modifications. Why would not you be able to do that?

With a P3SE you have to be able to reach at least 600 meters. I also fly in Europe and regularly get a distance of 1100 meters. I get this distance in open area and without any modifications. Why would not you be able to do that?

For various reasons. Interference, chosen frequency band, proper antenna aiming, mobile phone device...
If you can reach 1100 meters with stock CE config on 2.4 GHz, it is nice.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl