One day DJI will get it right !! New FW ? Where ?

I went for a flight tonight 9 (2 hours ago) and I had a red bar saying there was new firmware on the app.
Let me fly fine without updating yet, I'm on IOS btw.

I found as they warned - settings were changed ..... I just re-entered mine.

I always check after update anyway - AND do the full calibration routines. FW is a fundamental aspect of the model.

Nigel

I see you use Icarus. Did you put all back to standard before you did the upgrade? I had Icarus installed on my P3S before I sold it. I forgot to mention that to the purchaser. The author advises to put things back to standard before updating the firmware. I am wondering if it has caused him any problems as he may not have purchased Icarus so wouldn't have been able to remove it. Also has the update disabled Icarus?

Quick note: just updated everything (DJI GO Android to 3.1.6, P3S firmware to 1.9.20) and everything went smoothly. Will do a test flight over the weekend and report back.

Reactions: Simzy666
I updated this afternoon and everything went well. Took it out for a flight and didn't notice anything different, didn't seem to lose any settings either.

Just checked for an app update after reading the post above and indeed there was one. Just did that and I'll do a little in home test before taking it out in the morning.

Made a nice flight tonight and everything worked as it should.Tested the RTH and then canceled it and landed it myself so i'm happy.

I never even thought to check Icarus or revert to factory before update.

I will check out what power it is now and see if the FW reverted it to 'stock'.

I had 2197m flight test - so I think Icarus survive the update ... but I will report back once I check.

Nigel

Reactions: rytenuff
Range test FW 1.09.20

System :

P3S
Argtek Antenna system, two flat panel 2.4 and stick omni 5.8
Icarus 27db RC and AC
Litchi

Nexus 7 vers 2 16Gb Android
32Gb generic SD Card

Screen recorder : DU Recorder

Wind 5 - 6m/s from SW, temp 23 C.

Flight out direction SSE

Nigel

There seems to be some paranoia going around that this latest FW allied with Go will restrict users by imposing limits ... but I don't see any problems in this new FW ... especially that they had already announced plans to implement GeoFencing etc.

When I get to a clear area and weather improves - I now have latest FW and updates of Apps. P3S has talked across all its parts to ensure batterys / display / RC / AC are all at latest ... I intend to try a flight with NO app operating. Just as a straight RC + AC trial ... see what happens.

Nigel

Reactions: Neon Euc
I don't think so unless the guys of magic power made an update to support this new firmware.

It was one of the reasons why I moved to Icarus, MP when 1.07.09 came out failed to work. Took a rewrite ...

I can say that I checked my Icarus today ... all there just the same 27db on both RC and AC. In fact to make sure all was still operable - I reverted to Factory and redid Icarus to 27 ... worked same as always - like a charm.

Nigel

Lol ****... All I did was update the app. Haven't even started the bird up yet. Will do that now I think. Does anyone get choppy live Facebook feed? I do on mine but not on litchi. Hope this Fix's it

Both Go app and FW on bird are up to date. All actions with the bird seem to be o.k. and i have a smooth video feed on my tab.

Haven't flown yet but did start the bird. Didn't get any firmware updates.

Haven't flown yet but did start the bird. Didn't get any firmware updates.

Nor did I ... so I downloaded it from the site listed.

I'm a Hero ... I did it to install and be one of the first to say Yea or Nay to it working ...

Don't all throw money and medals all at once !! ;)

Nigel

Reactions: Neon Euc
OK ... on the subject of App and disconnect ....

Litchi has option to do autonomous mission flight where you can set the AC to fly well out of RC range and it will follow a set course / height etc. etc.

This effectively means that the AC will be disconnected from APP during the flight mission ....

Because the Mission upload over-rides the RTH when it flies out of signal range - does it also over-ride this 30m x 50m limit this FW imposes ?

Nigel

Quick note: just updated everything (DJI GO Android to 3.1.6, P3S firmware to 1.9.20) and everything went smoothly. Will do a test flight over the weekend and report back.

Did a quick test flight: 1015m (3330ft) at 100m (328ft) altitude, both control and video signals were good, GPS good (11 sats). Video got weaker when I turned the AC 180 degrees to come back. All good.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scav8tor