One day DJI will get it right !! New FW ? Where ?

Reaction score
New Firmware for Phantom 3 Standard is Available. (23/06/2017)

Quote :

"New Firmware for Phantom 3 Standard is Available. (23/06/2017)"

Overview
  • All-in-One firmware Version: v1.9.20
  • DJI GO app iOS Version: v3.1.11
  • DJI GO app Android Version: v3.1.5

What’s New
  • Updated No-Fly Zone Management.
  • For increased safety, the flight is restricted to a height of 30 m and distance of 50 m when not connected or logged into the app during flight, including DJI GO and all apps compatible with DJI aircraft.

Notes
  • Please note that firmware update may reset various Main Controller Settings, such as the RTH Altitude and Maximum Flight Distance, to factory defaults. Before the update, take note of your preferred DJI GO settings, and readjust them after the update to suit your preference.
  • DO NOT turn off the remote controller or exit the DJI GO app during the update process.

Wondering if this will increase the range or make it worse than the previous firmware.

The 1.9.20 BIN can be downloaded here if you really want to install it.

I searched all over and couldn't find it ...

I have no worries to install .. I played enough with FW as you know from the past.

Well ... lets see what happens ....

I usually prefer if it will come up on GO ... that way I know all parts get their 'bit' .....

Nigel

Does anybody have a link to firmware 1.8.x ? If the new firmware destroy "my pleasure" then I like to have a safe backup to the old firmware.

I loaded it up two days ago without incident. I flew it yesterday but wasn't going for distance. I'm working on an intermittent vibration problem.

All in one firmware update?? God.. This is gonna be full of bugs. If they can't deal with one platform right, then crossing both IOS and Google platform is going to be a disaster

Reactions: Simzy666
The upgrade was smoothly... Can't test the aircraft in the air yet, weather is bad here.

OK downloaded but not from DJI video suggested link which is not correct ... but from page Phantomhelp links to ...

Installed by :

Downloaded to PC
Transferred to root of SD card after removing the old .bin file on there. I do not format as I like to see the txt file after and update batterys if any needed.

This is where I do not agree with update method as I had many problems in first days of ownership many moons ago and I have my own way now !

Switch on RC
Switch on AC without SD card.
Let them lock RC will turn green, but AC LED will flash RED as it tries to find the SD card.
Insert SD card (I find I lift the AC and tilt it so camera gimbal rotates camera giving me better access to SD card slot).
Put back on flat surface and leave both RC and AC alone while you go make a cup of tea. It will make all those beeps and LED will flash RED GREEN on the AC.

After about 15 or minutes ... beeps change and LED is green on AC. Switch off AC then switch off RC.

Now start up everything as normal ... RC then AC then Tablet ... check that all is GREEN !!

Now do the non-critical calibrations such as Gimbal and Controller.

Check setting you normally have such as Max altitude .. Flight modes ... distance off etc. Reset to your parameters.

Power down.

Go outside to nice clear open area away from metals and influences. Do full calibration of IMU and then Compass ...

That's it.

Get a fresh battery and test fly.

I did this update ... did the rest as here ... then did a quickie flight .... 1200m with no problems at all ..... only reason I didn't go further was I had trees obscuring the RC to AC and this caused RTH.
I have no reason to believe I will not have similar performance as before.

Nigel

Reactions: Goatman1
OK downloaded but not from DJI video suggested link which is not correct ... but from page Phantomhelp links to ...

Installed by :

Downloaded to PC
Transferred to root of SD card after removing the old .bin file on there. I do not format as I like to see the txt file after and update batterys if any needed.

This is where I do not agree with update method as I had many problems in first days of ownership many moons ago and I have my own way now !

Switch on RC
Switch on AC without SD card.
Let them lock RC will turn green, but AC LED will flash RED as it tries to find the SD card.
Insert SD card (I find I lift the AC and tilt it so camera gimbal rotates camera giving me better access to SD card slot).
Put back on flat surface and leave both RC and AC alone while you go make a cup of tea. It will make all those beeps and LED will flash RED GREEN on the AC.

After about 15 or minutes ... beeps change and LED is green on AC. Switch off AC then switch off RC.

Now start up everything as normal ... RC then AC then Tablet ... check that all is GREEN !!

Now do the non-critical calibrations such as Gimbal and Controller.

Check setting you normally have such as Max altitude .. Flight modes ... distance off etc. Reset to your parameters.

Power down.

Go outside to nice clear open area away from metals and influences. Do full calibration of IMU and then Compass ...

That's it.

Get a fresh battery and test fly.

I did this update ... did the rest as here ... then did a quickie flight .... 1200m with no problems at all ..... only reason I didn't go further was I had trees obscuring the RC to AC and this caused RTH.
I have no reason to believe I will not have similar performance as before.

Nigel
I didn't have to do that, I just opened DJI GO app and prompt me to download went from there. Successfully updated!

I sat waiting for GO to do it ... but nothing.

Nigel

Reactions: macoman

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl