Ok dumb question - but what is Naza?

Reaction score
Quite new to the Phantom world having bought a P2 about a month ago.

In the manual it says not to use the Alti switch as this is for advance flyers using Naza which Google shows me to be an upgraded 'brain' for the Phantom. What does this give that the off the shelf Phantom lacks? I am more than happy with the existing performance of the P2 but curious to learn a bit more. Is it more for pilots that fly without GPS enabled?

The NAZA is a model of Flight Controllers (the "Brain"), one of which is in your P2. The hardware of the different models of NAZA are very similar if not identical, it's the firmware that controls what features are available in each. All Phantoms have some version of the NAZA in them, and all the NAZA's used in the Phantom are able to utilize GPS and other sensors for fully assisted flight control.

The NAZA in the P2/P2V has a firmware build that provides a basic limited software interface by default for less experienced users. Those who want or need to tweak more settings manually can switch to "NAZA mode" to be able to access/use the more robust traditional NAZA interface.

Great thank you. So if I understand this it is the brain and then the firmware running on that brain.

Definitely leave tinkering with that for any other day.

I tried connecting the P2 to the PC but the Phantom assist wouldn't recognise the Phantom or the control. A job for another day.

CharSiuFan said:
Great thank you. So if I understand this it is the brain and then the firmware running on that brain.

Definitely leave tinkering with that for any other day.

I tried connecting the P2 to the PC but the Phantom assist wouldn't recognise the Phantom or the control. A job for another day.

Did you download and install the drivers from the DJI web site?

Yes downloaded and installed them. Using Windows 7. Friend of mine had the same issue and he used a clean vanilla build XP machine and it worked.

Not sure it's relevant but when I plugged the P2 into the PC every few seconds the gimbal would do some strange things and start pushing the holder into the desk and make a loud rumbling noise.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan