Ohhhh I'll Fly Away...

That's great, I was really thinking about heading down that way this weekend. ;)
But, well 50/50, Holiday weekend :rolleyes:

So do we have major damage?

Did you take a picture of the crash sight?

We need the black box information that the Phantom holds!

Rod

Reactions: Spappy
This doesn't look like a downlink signal lost - looking at uplink and downlink the signal was good:
That's what I saw as well, I did not see anything extreme with the battery, although that is a distinct possibility that it may have shut down for whatever reason. It was mainly just disconcerting as I mentioned that there have have been so many of these "shutdown" issues and really no definitive explanation for these, other than dislodged batteries. In this case it appeared to be a smooth hove and sudden disconnect. In this hover scenario I cannot see the battery becoming dislodged. So it was a bit perplexing in that regard.

About a hundred feet or so from where the last known location was upside down in a snowbank!
Ok, so I was off a hundred feet or so......glad you found it. If there is any possibility of powering the bird up when you get the chance, try uploading the aicraft .dat file. That may confirm the shutdown. You still may not know why, but its a point of reference.

That's what I saw as well, I did not see anything extreme with the battery, although that is a distinct possibility that it may have shut down for whatever reason. It was mainly just disconcerting as I mentioned that there have have been so many of these "shutdown" issues and really no definitive explanation for these, other than dislodged batteries. In this case it appeared to be a smooth hove and sudden disconnect. In this hover scenario I cannot see the battery becoming dislodged. So it was a bit perplexing in that regard.
'
Right - but what about the battery data - you presumably noticed that it stopped updating some time before the log ended. That's not normal, and not likely to be related to a battery disconnect. Occam's Razor tells us to prefer the less complex explanation, which in this case doesn't invoke two unrelated failures.

All of you made my day!

index.jpg

Rod

Occam's Razor tells us to prefer the less complex explanation, which in this case doesn't invoke two unrelated failures.
Now that is one I haven't heard in quite some time.....Point Taken.........

Reactions: sar104
That's great, I was really thinking about heading down that way this weekend. ;)
But, well 50/50, Holiday weekend :rolleyes:

So do we have major damage?

Did you take a picture of the crash sight?

We need the black box information that the Phantom holds!

Rod
Just got home. No visible damage. Oddly enough, when my son found it, he said the battery was sticking out about 1/4". That would explain the sudden loss of signal. Additionally, the battery still had 3 bars on it, which tells me it didn't hover until the battery reached critical level and then did an emergency landing. Still more odd yet, when we got back to our truck, I got my controller and phone out and attempted to see if the bird would still fly. The controller and drone never linked up. I closed out of Litchi and tried DJI go and got a "weak controller signal" warning, even though the controller was only a few feet away! Even now as I type this, the controller and drone are on, yet fail to link. I've tried the reset button on the drone. I guess I need to try and figure out why the controller is not linking up to the drone.

I'll upload the flight data from the bird as soon as I can get it to connect.

@sar104 ....I had looked at the battery but only at the levels. Quite honestly, I didn't notice that it apparently stopped updating prior to the end of the log. Is the shaded area below what you were referring to? That is quite some time, around 30 seconds roughly. I just wanted to verify this is the area you were referencing. If so, that is very odd indeed. I just took an random signal for comparison.

Battery2.png

@sar104 ....I had looked at the battery but only at the levels. Quite honestly, I didn't notice that it apparently stopped updating prior to the end of the log. Is the shaded area below what you were referring to? That is quite some time, around 30 seconds roughly. I just wanted to verify this is the area you were referencing. If so, that is very odd indeed. I just took an random signal for comparison.

View attachment 99157

Yes - that's the issue I was referring to. It was only the battery data that stopped reporting which suggests a battery problem of some kind.

@Spappy,
Pulling the flight logs from an Android is easier then crApple.
Litchi will be a .csv file.

Basic instructions are on this web sight.
DJI Flight Log Viewer

Also can your share mission though Litchi's hub.

Both of these a very important (More important than you realize) to help you find it.

I lost one myself, been there, it's not fun. :oops:

Oh, there is Geocache close by, easy to find. :rolleyes: ;)

Rod
Find caches with the drone, that would be fun! :)

Reactions: RodPad

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20