Ohhhh I'll Fly Away...

Your last known location is shown in the red circle below. This is very strange however, because you were hovering at 784ft in altitude and accoding to this data at the last entry you had 90% uplink signal which is excellent. I suspect something else possibly catostrophic occured. Data streams don't normally just end with that high of signal strength.

Capture2.png

Reactions: Spappy
Not working, I renamed to .csv

You need to upload the original .csv to DJI Flight Log Viewer, then copy paste the results url back here, or rename the.csv to .txt and upload it here "Upload a File" or loaded on the one drive, xl converted it, its not working.

@Fly Dawg, did you convert it and loaded up on @msinger s ?

Rod

@RodPad .....No it was not coverted. It is an Excel file.

IDK, maybe a large bird took it out...
I don't think so, there would have been indications in the data of erratic behavior. I have not charted this as of yet, but I suspect that it could have been a sudden power loss of some kind, since the data stream just suddenly ended the way it did. The downlink signal was at 57% which should have been plenty to continue transmission of data.

Reactions: RodPad and Spappy
@RodPad ....Just for informational purposes Litchi does not use .txt files. They are stored on the device as .csv and are directly readable by Excel. ( Just for future reference).

Reactions: RodPad
@RodPad ....Just for informational purposes Litchi does not use .txt files. They are stored on the device as .csv and are directly readable by Excel. ( Just for future reference).
I know, the web sight would would not;) take them as the .xlxs so I renamed it to a .csv, that's when I was trying to figure out what you did.

Rod

Last edited:
I know, the web sight would take them as the .xlxs so I renamed it to a .csv
I assume you meant "would not". Simply renaming the file won't work.

:)

OK, Charting this a bit you can see the hover. Everything looks completely normal. No errors, very small pitch and yaw deviations ( Normal in even a slight wind ) No RC inputs during the hover. This is why I think there was a catastrophic power loss of some sort. As I mentioned, your signal strength both ways appears ok.

Smooth Hover.png

Smooth Hover2.png

Wow, that is a vanishing Phantom, not a flyaway.
Oh, I guess there is more than one Devils Lake in Oregon.

Maybe the Phantom is now at the Devils Lake in Lincoln City. :rolleyes:

Rod

Without knowing wind speeds etc..... and assuming that this was a complete power loss from what this data shows. There is no way to
confirm this without the aircraft data, but from what you provided, I would say that you will find the bird within the area below. This is approximately a 200 ft radius, but I would use the last co-ordinace as a starting point. A stronger wind will drift a disabled Phantom somewhat, maybe not to this extent but a powerless drop from almost 800ft that might be a challenge.

Search.PNG

@BudWalker and @sar104 If you have the chance, take a look at this Excel data file posted above in Post #21. If this appears to be a complete power loss to you, this is very disconcerting. This would be at least the 5th or 6th one in the past 2 weeks. Granted most were P4's but this one is a standard. This was a simple hover that, as it appears, simply shut down. One would think that a bird strike or other anomaly would have been a culprit but there is no data that I can see that would indicate such. Although the OP indicated they lost signal, the downlink was at 57% at data's end and only approximately 400 ft out. Granted the altitude was quite high, I can't see how this data would suddenly end any other way. Your thoughts?

@BudWalker and @sar104 If you have the chance, take a look at this Excel data file posted above in Post #21. If this appears to be a complete power loss to you, this is very disconcerting. This would be at least the 5th or 6th one in the past 2 weeks. Granted most were P4's but this one is a standard. This was a simple hover that, as it appears, simply shut down. One would think that a bird strike or other anomaly would have been a culprit but there is no data that I can see that would indicate such. Although the OP indicated they lost signal, the downlink was at 57% at data's end and only approximately 400 ft out. Granted the altitude was quite high, I can't see how this data would suddenly end any other way. Your thoughts?

This doesn't look like a downlink signal lost - looking at uplink and downlink the signal was good:

2018-05-20_14-17-39_v2_01.png

I also don't think it was a battery disconnect either though. Looking at the battery telemetry there is an obvious problem towards the end of the recorded flight:

2018-05-20_14-17-39_v2_02.png

The power system stops reporting sometime around 220 s. Unless that represents a partial loss of connection with the battery (possible I suppose) it suggests a battery issue, and my guess would be that the battery simply shut down.

@Spappy,
I did a street view and at 5500' and that area, are those Pines above 150'?

I would help look, but looks like a 3 1/2 hr one way. I will be off Saturday, Sunday and Monday.

But usually I got some home work to do. :rolleyes:
Had good weather here last to weekends, i charge up the batteries and tablet, but is far as I get. ;)

Rod

If he was to look for it, should be really close to the last point?
Can you guys figure out wind speed or direction?

I have seen what 200' does to P3S, which tumbled out of a Pine tree, wasn't very pretty.
If it didn't have the battery weight, I'm sure it would have been fix able, we need a battery eject that pulls out a parachute. :rolleyes:

Rod

Reactions: Greybush

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl