Oh heck my drones up in a tree.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I also fly with a parachute but I’m always extra cautious of wind direction when flying around tall trees in case of deployment.
Did the chute deploy on its own or did you cause it to deploy?
Depending where tree is and who’s tree it is a good chain saw...[emoji848]..never mind!
Please update when you retrieve it and by what method.
If you lived close by I would retrieve it for you as I’m an expert tree climber. [emoji6]

What was said above. I just did a quick search for "Maine Tree Service", and came up with this. We've had professional tree service folks here to take down some trees, and they are like squirrels! You can narrow your search down by adding your zip code. It will MUCH cheaper than shelling out another $1,000.00 plus for a new one!

Yes find a tree climber. Im in Nc and there is a guy on Letgo that actually offers his service for retrieving drones out of trees. Naturally i think he cuts them down for a living but has the equipment. Heres the chap. Lol hope he doesnt mind some free advertising. But this is probably your safest and cheapest route especially if youd like to keep the drone intact and in one piece. Chainsaw doesn't sound like it will be flying again. Hate to hear it though really. my autel evo (me=pilot) clipped a branch and took a swim in a lake not long ago. Retrieved it in under 1 min probably and dried it out. ?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200416-115052_letgo.jpg
    Screenshot_20200416-115052_letgo.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 221
  • Screenshot_20200416-115059_letgo.jpg
    Screenshot_20200416-115059_letgo.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 257
That really sucks. Is there any way tou can hook it out with another drone?
I like the idea and have even thought of it before. Lost a small nano drone on a church roof. Was gonna magnet lift it off but the roof of the church was metal.. wasnt sure if it would of taken down our little bit bigger retrieval drone.. gave it up. Lol.

Last edited:
Ya I think you would have run into trouble with a metal roof.[emoji1787]
I like the idea and have even thought of it before. Lost a small nano drone on a church roof. Was gonna magnet lift it off but the roof of the church was metal.. wasnt sure if it would of taken down our little bit bigger retrieval drone.. gave it up. Lol.

Are you serious folks?
To cut down the tee (obviously a big one) to get to the drone??
And if maybe someone try to do this I believe that the drone would be smashed by the falling tree.
The only reasonable solution is a good tree climber or someone with a hook on a bigger drone.

I like the drone snatchhook idea. A Gannet bait dropper can be set to the weight I need. Will release if pulled too hard. That way, you Won't lose 2nd too.

Why did it release anywho?

Are you serious folks?
To cut down the tee (obviously a big one) to get to the drone??
And if maybe someone try to do this I believe that the drone would be smashed by the falling tree.
The only reasonable solution is a good tree climber or someone with a hook on a bigger drone.
You can cut to fall certain direction ,I'm qualified tree pruner with pine trees,,,yes its possible to cause drone damage but if its hooked up it will stay put and not get flung into the ground which will destroy it,its also possible to cut tree and lean it on another tree so it's not a vertical climb straight up...and yes I'm serious

That's true ianzone. So first you send a drone up with a spinning blade to cut the parachute lines. Then the second to hook up and retrieve it and possibly a third to capture it all on video.[emoji106] Truly though. I wish you nothing but the best in which ever way you choose.
Good idea but if parachute deployed and its hooked it could become a battle between the two,,the drone used to retrieve would need good pulling power which could also end bad for the 2nd drone

If you know anyone with an Inspire drone or possibly a phantom you can go to your neighborhood pet shelter adopt a little kitten then airdrop him/her into top of tree. Call your fire department and tell them about the little kitten on the tree. When they come ask if they can also retrieve your drone from tree. Don’t forget to tip them.

Just kidding folks! ?[emoji12]?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl