I'm a turncoat.

Reaction score
Okay guys, I am sorry, but I have bad news. I crashed my Phantom 4, and fixed it. I decided to do more repairs, and made a mistake and fully broke the Phantom 4. So I sold it for parts on eBay. I then went on eBay and bought myself a DJI mavic air. I am no longer a phantom pilot.

I do love the DJI Phantom 4 drones, they are awesome and powerful machines. But they are very heavy, and take up a lot of space, and I wanted a drone that was much smaller and more portable. The DJI mavic air is a very small but durable drone, with exceptional quality oh, and its small size makes it so that I can do more of what I like, flying in tight spaces such as through tree branches or car windows and stuff like that. I love doing those risky shots, they look really awesome when everything works out! [emoji16] from what I've watched on YouTube the DJI mavic air is in excellent drone for what I need. And I will take some of the down sides like the reduced range and battery life for a higher quality camera and insane portability and durability.

You can roast me now...

You’re just getting started, Enjoy your new MA. I believe you will be back with a P4P at sometime. They’re just awesome. Not sure about improved MA video over the P4, but you will like the size. I have P4’s and a Mavic. Best of both worlds. Prefer a Phantom for most conditions but my MM sure is handy. Want an M2P eventually. Glad you’re back-in the air! Go film! Miss your vids.

Thanks! I have been working full-time so I have not been able to make many videos lately. I will try to get out and make more soon!

it is sad leaving the Phantom line, since I have been using DJI Phantom drones for the last 5 years, starting with a phantom 3 standard, then moving to a Phantom 4.

Now I am going to the Mavic.

I'm definitely excited about the size, and the camera quality. The camera on my Phantom 4 standard was only 60 megabits per second, and it suffered in low light. The mavic Air does not have extremely good low-light either, but it does have a 100 megabit per second 4K video, so it will match up nicely with my Fujifilm xt2, since that camera takes 100 megabit per second 4K video as well. Don't you just love it when everything is matchy-matchy? [emoji16]
You’re just getting started, Enjoy your new MA. I believe you will be back with a P4P at sometime. They’re just awesome. Not sure about improved MA video over the P4, but you will like the size. I have P4’s and a Mavic. Best of both worlds. Prefer a Phantom for most conditions but my MM sure is handy. Want an M2P eventually. Glad you’re back-in the air! Go film! Miss your vids.

Thanks! I have been working full-time so I have not been able to make many videos lately. I will try to get out and make more soon!

it is sad leaving the Phantom line, since I have been using DJI Phantom drones for the last 5 years, starting with a phantom 3 standard, then moving to a Phantom 4.

Now I am going to the Mavic.

I'm definitely excited about the size, and the camera quality. The camera on my Phantom 4 standard was only 60 megabits per second, and it suffered in low light. The mavic Air does not have extremely good low-light either, but it does have a 100 megabit per second 4K video, so it will match up nicely with my Fujifilm xt2, since that camera takes 100 megabit per second 4K video as well. Don't you just love it when everything is matchy-matchy? [emoji16]
Now that makes a lot of sense. Great research before the purchase. ??

Reactions: Weston Ney
Just purchased a new Gaming/video PC. About 100x the power of my old, maxed out Windows 7 machine. Added a nice 27 inch 1080 P monitor, because I couldn’t find a 4K, without pixel or bleed problems. Now deciding on video edit software, for idiots. Lol

I use Adobe Premiere Pro for my professional client video work, but I use DaVinci resolve sometimes if I need a free but good featured fast video editor. I use a MacBook Pro for all of my work, because I need lots of portability. I also edit a lot of stuff on my iPad Air that I just got, that thing is pretty versatile for lots of things, and it handles 4K video flawlessly! I'm very impressed.
Just purchased a new Gaming/video PC. About 100x the power of my old, maxed out Windows 7 machine. Added a nice 27 inch 1080 P monitor, because I couldn’t find a 4K, without pixel or bleed problems. Now deciding on video edit software, for idiots. Lol

Reactions: Capt KO
I use Adobe Premiere Pro for my professional client video work, but I use DaVinci resolve sometimes if I need a free but good featured fast video editor. I use a MacBook Pro for all of my work, because I need lots of portability. I also edit a lot of stuff on my iPad Air that I just got, that thing is pretty versatile for lots of things, and it handles 4K video flawlessly! I'm very impressed.
I'm going to go ahead and get the APP as most people I've talked to seem to be very pleased with it. Thanks

Okay guys, I am sorry, but I have bad news. I crashed my Phantom 4, and fixed it. I decided to do more repairs, and made a mistake and fully broke the Phantom 4. So I sold it for parts on eBay. I then went on eBay and bought myself a DJI mavic air. I am no longer a phantom pilot.

I do love the DJI Phantom 4 drones, they are awesome and powerful machines. But they are very heavy, and take up a lot of space, and I wanted a drone that was much smaller and more portable. The DJI mavic air is a very small but durable drone, with exceptional quality oh, and its small size makes it so that I can do more of what I like, flying in tight spaces such as through tree branches or car windows and stuff like that. I love doing those risky shots, they look really awesome when everything works out! [emoji16] from what I've watched on YouTube the DJI mavic air is in excellent drone for what I need. And I will take some of the down sides like the reduced range and battery life for a higher quality camera and insane portability and durability.

You can roast me now...

Attachments

• goodday.jpeg
    goodday.jpeg
    16.8 KB · Views: 214
Do you have a 4K monitor that works, and is it worth it over a 1080p for edit?

:cool: no you not a turnacoat,,this is someone who betrays one to get to the other side,,you have not done this,,anyway I seen a mavic air in action just from someone on the road side,,I had to stop,lol,flew very quick and quiet, suprisingly fast,he was going one side of valley and back in no time,,I jumped the fence one day and paided mavic a visit,whole new 2nd world with many of us here are,,but no I'm still in love with the phantoms cause they like a Harley,,loud,,heaps of power,they are annoying bulky though,,dont forget to share some stuff here too and check for those powerpole things,,take care and stay safe
:oops:;):)

Yeah, I guess if i had bought an Autel Evo id be a turncoat. I just thought I was a turncoat from Phantom Pilots
:cool: no you not a turnacoat,,this is someone who betrays one to get to the other side,,you have not done this,,anyway I seen a mavic air in action just from someone on the road side,,I had to stop,lol,flew very quick and quiet, suprisingly fast,he was going one side of valley and back in no time,,I jumped the fence one day and paided mavic a visit,whole new 2nd world with many of us here are,,but no I'm still in love with the phantoms cause they like a Harley,,loud,,heaps of power,they are annoying bulky though,,dont forget to share some stuff here too and check for those powerpole things,,take care and stay safe

I like that analogy.

I fly both, a P4adv, a p3 4K, and a Mavic Air. The p3 is for the most risky missions, the P4 for the highest quality imagery, and the MA for traveling and convenience. Display is always 4K, either Sony Xbr or Retina 5k. With a little post processing, the video footage can be intercut quite successfully.

You Sir are a true poet

I fly both, a P4adv, a p3 4K, and a Mavic Air. The p3 is for the most risky missions, the P4 for the highest quality imagery, and the MA for traveling and convenience. Display is always 4K, either Sony Xbr or Retina 5k. With a little post processing, the video footage can be intercut quite successfully.
I have to ask, why the P3 for the most risky missions? Because it's the most expendable? Or the most trustworthy?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan