I'm a turncoat.

I fly both, a P4adv, a p3 4K, and a Mavic Air. The p3 is for the most risky missions, the P4 for the highest quality imagery, and the MA for traveling and convenience. Display is always 4K, either Sony Xbr or Retina 5k. With a little post processing, the video footage can be intercut quite successfully.
Love the "Risky Mission" comment. Begs the question....... anti aircraft? Birds? Meteors, Surface to air?

Reactions: Weston Ney
I have a P3Pro and I would get a Mavic for the same reason. Have fun!
Okay guys, I am sorry, but I have bad news. I crashed my Phantom 4, and fixed it. I decided to do more repairs, and made a mistake and fully broke the Phantom 4. So I sold it for parts on eBay. I then went on eBay and bought myself a DJI mavic air. I am no longer a phantom pilot.

I do love the DJI Phantom 4 drones, they are awesome and powerful machines. But they are very heavy, and take up a lot of space, and I wanted a drone that was much smaller and more portable. The DJI mavic air is a very small but durable drone, with exceptional quality oh, and its small size makes it so that I can do more of what I like, flying in tight spaces such as through tree branches or car windows and stuff like that. I love doing those risky shots, they look really awesome when everything works out! [emoji16] from what I've watched on YouTube the DJI mavic air is in excellent drone for what I need. And I will take some of the down sides like the reduced range and battery life for a higher quality camera and insane portability and durability.

You can roast me now...
Okay guys, I am sorry, but I have bad news. I crashed my Phantom 4, and fixed it. I decided to do more repairs, and made a mistake and fully broke the Phantom 4. So I sold it for parts on eBay. I then went on eBay and bought myself a DJI mavic air. I am no longer a phantom pilot.

I do love the DJI Phantom 4 drones, they are awesome and powerful machines. But they are very heavy, and take up a lot of space, and I wanted a drone that was much smaller and more portable. The DJI mavic air is a very small but durable drone, with exceptional quality oh, and its small size makes it so that I can do more of what I like, flying in tight spaces such as through tree branches or car windows and stuff like that. I love doing those risky shots, they look really awesome when everything works out! [emoji16] from what I've watched on YouTube the DJI mavic air is in excellent drone for what I need. And I will take some of the down sides like the reduced range and battery life for a higher quality camera and insane portability and durability.

You can roast me now...

You can roast me now...

You can roast me now...
Congrats. My son went from a Phantom 3 Standard to a Mavic (forgot which model) and loves it. He lives in Colorado and brings it to the Oregon Coast a couple of times a year. Much easier to carry on the flights.

Just purchased a new Gaming/video PC. About 100x the power of my old, maxed out Windows 7 machine. Added a nice 27 inch 1080 P monitor, because I couldn’t find a 4K, without pixel or bleed problems. Now deciding on video edit software, for idiots. Lol
Davinci Resolve is a free download for editing, color correction, & sound sweetening. It's a pro level program, but there are plenty of Youtube videos to teach you if you have the time. I've cursed at the computer many times while using it, then with a little patience and some Googling I figure it out.

good luck

You can roast me now...
No roasting necessary Weston; we all evolve and you're still a drone pilot. We will miss your posts if you don't return here but life is still good. Keep up the great work.

Reactions: Phantom Pirate
TRAITOR!!!! .......hey, it had to be said.

NOT really, Wes, you're quality people no matter what you fly. Your work here and your obvious dedication to the sport is commendable, Sir!

Thanks so much! It's sad moving on from the phantom, since my next drone purchase will probably be the Mavic 3 Pro, whatever that will be, then either the inspire 2 pro or a matrice drone so I can put a Ronin and my mirrorless video cameras on it for the best quality, since I want to specialize in the best drone work possible for my company.
TRAITOR!!!! .......hey, it had to be said.

NOT really, Wes, you're quality people no matter what you fly. Your work here and your obvious dedication to the sport is commendable, Sir!

> c ya on the Crazy forum.

Yea, good way to put it! MavicPilots.com is insanity. (I say that in a loving way )

I went the other way around. I got a Mavic Air first, then a Phantom 4 Advanced. The Mavic Air is convenient, but I don't think the camera is all that. The Phantom 4 (even the standard) looks so much better to me than anything I've done on my MA.

And I agree with ianzone- the feel and brute power of the Phantom line is just great. I've only had a Mavic Air, so I cannot speak for M2P- but it looks like a Mavic I might like!

Thanks so much! It's sad moving on from the phantom, since my next drone purchase will probably be the Mavic 3 Pro, whatever that will be, then either the inspire 2 pro or a matrice drone so I can put a Ronin and my mirrorless video cameras on it for the best quality, since I want to specialize in the best drone work possible for my company.

I was once in the same boat myself, having moved from a P3P to a M2P. There is definitely still a special place in my heard for the controls and response when flying the Phantom series. Perhaps someday in the future I'll grab a P4P for cheap (years from now) like I did with my P3P two years ago.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj