Official P3 Range Leaderboard

Well first of all I’d like to say thank U for the congratulations & Kudos & my apologies for knocking you off the number one spot again.

But I will strongly disagree that saying that I haven’t done ANYTHING to help other is highly inaccurate. My antennas my amplifiers or boosters my flying area my wind speeds my modified camera for round-trip flights I have shared with everybody. The only thing I haven’t shared was exactly what my external batteries were. Which I’ve done so many testings and failures and loss birds that this information I think long-range Flyers need to evaluate for themselves.

Long range flying for life...[emoji576][emoji341]

Your welcome for the congrats but no need to apologize because you didnt beat my oneway record, Unknown Caller did that over a year ago hitting 124000 with the p4, which is way more impressive than my 102 with p3!
Look back in these thousands of pages and see how many times people have asked what antenna/boosters/wind speed vs. "what batteries". What batteries probably has gotten asked 400 times in this thread because thats what has always fueled this thread as well as the hundreds of private conversations behind this thread. ALL of us have tried a hundred different battery combos and lost multiple a/c's, its all right here in the pages.
But weve always shared even if we thought someone might take those battery combos weve spent good money and time on and beat our record.
Nobody gives a crap about our windspeed, antennas, and props. That info is things they will evaluate for their selves.

Your welcome for the congrats but no need to apologize because you didnt beat my oneway record, Unknown Caller did that over a year ago hitting 124000 with the p4, which is way more impressive than my 102 with p3!
Look back in these thousands of pages and see how many times people have asked what antenna/boosters/wind speed vs. "what batteries". What batteries probably has gotten asked 400 times in this thread because thats what has always fueled this thread as well as the hundreds of private conversations behind this thread. ALL of us have tried a hundred different battery combos and lost multiple a/c's, its all right here in the pages.
But weve always shared even if we thought someone might take those battery combos weve spent good money and time on and beat our record.
Nobody gives a crap about our windspeed, antennas, and props. That info is things they will evaluate for their selves.

Well I actually did beat you P3 One way flight distance record & also beat Unknown callers Light bridge one way record but he still have the P4 one way distance record... & They do give a crap about Antenna that’s for sure. The thing that most LRF don’t consider enough is your flight location or a flight path you should always be looking out for a another place to plot a Long rang run. Nobody says it’s easy sometimes you’re going to have to travel hours to test out a spot It takes a lot of dedication...

Reactions: snowy23
Your right about location for LRF always on the look out for the sweet spots pretty hard here in the north of UK

Last edited:
Reactions: Pablo Chacon
Your right about location for LRF always on the look out for the sweet spots pretty hard here in the UK

Location is key, but thats no secret. Everyone has to do that leg work in there own area and some regions are out of luck. But when you do find that special spot and you do find antennas/boosters that get you 10 miles at lower altitudes (which means they'll probably take you the rest of the extreme distance), then the next discussion ALWAYS comes down to which batteries to get you 60,65,75,etc. and back. Battery combos have fueled this thread.

All the OG's on this thread lived to share those lucky combos and when they posted their new achievements and what new bat combos it took to get them there.

Reactions: chazz and snowy23
Hope to push my limits soon just waiting for the wind speed and direction to change on my regularly flight paths !

IMG_4542.jpg

Bump... Who’s up for a suicide mission. You don’t have to do 24+ Miles. There real fun to fly just takes a little planning & you need a good friend to receive you at your landing spot on the other end.

Guess I should have ended with </sarcasm>
I'm slowly getting my max distance up but it is strictly stock, other than parabolic range extenders. Don't have the cajones to go that far.
Offerroad you have some great area to fly at just south of town the dry lake bed. and just fly south to searchlight.

Reactions: Offroader
Hi there DB. I never post my distance. But nun of you are in danger. I got my bird unlocked, can go real fast. Just wander if you guys are doing this??
Pablo, That is incredible. Good job.

View attachment 98348

Bump... Who’s up for a suicide mission. You don’t have to do 24+ Miles. There real fun to fly just takes a little planning & you need a good friend to receive you at your landing spot on the other end.

I'm thinking of doing a long range Litchi mission. I can't remember for the life of me if there is a limitation on the maximum distance in Litchi. I know there is a distance between waypoints but I want to fly about 14mi and have it land at a friends house.

I'm thinking of doing a long range Litchi mission. I can't remember for the life of me if there is a limitation on the maximum distance in Litchi. I know there is a distance between waypoints but I want to fly about 14mi and have it land at a friends house.
When I was using Litchi with my P2v+. I was able to get out 5 miles with 2 or 3 way points. I had talked to Dirty Bird about it. The biggest thing I found at least in the version for the p2's was I would have to add in a 10 % to get it to where I wanted to go. Like if I want 20000 ft I would set it up for 22000ft and it would come in around 20000 or 21000. But as I said that was the version for the P2's. And it would fly straight as an arrow.

Reactions: odontologo98
When I was using Litchi with my P2v+. I was able to get out 5 miles with 2 or 3 way points. I had talked to Dirty Bird about it. The biggest thing I found at least in the version for the p2's was I would have to add in a 10 % to get it to where I wanted to go. Like if I want 20000 ft I would set it up for 22000ft and it would come in around 20000 or 21000. But as I said that was the version for the P2's. And it would fly straight as an arrow.

I’ve got a lot of long range missions under my belt but none of them are one way. Just trying to sort out the limitations here. With the current version you need to have <2000m between waypoints. And from what I understand, disable smart RTH. My thinking is to set the final action to “land” at the last waypoint over my friends driveway. What I’m not sure of is if the mission will even run. I suppose I can try it and then just cancel if it starts to fly it.

Edit: What I’m really not sure about is if there is a limitation on a mission with respect to distance from first waypoint, or distance from the R/C.

Hey Ed209 yeah I was thinking of the same thing from the information that I have gathered I haven’t found any limitations and total distance just between way points but some testing will have to be done...

I’ve got a lot of long range missions under my belt but none of them are one way. Just trying to sort out the limitations here. With the current version you need to have <2000m between waypoints. And from what I understand, disable smart RTH. My thinking is to set the final action to “land” at the last waypoint over my friends driveway. What I’m not sure of is if the mission will even run. I suppose I can try it and then just cancel if it starts to fly it.

Edit: What I’m really not sure about is if there is a limitation on a mission with respect to distance from first waypoint, or distance from the R/C.
Ed one other thing If the drone losses sign for a long period of time even doing the way points it would kick into RTH or what you have it set as (land). I had mine setup to come home but only at going it at 17 mph.

Ed one other thing If the drone losses sign for a long period of time even doing the way points it would kick into RTH or what you have it set as (land). I had mine setup to come home but only at going it at 17 mph.

Phxbird57 I don’t think you have to have connection to the aircraft the Whole time to complete a waypoint mission in Litchi. It would be nice to see all the data & video come in but I don’t think it is necessary.

Reactions: gvsukids
Phxbird57 I don’t think you have to have connection to the aircraft the Whole time to complete a waypoint mission in Litchi. It would be nice to see all the data & video come in but I don’t think it is necessary.

Pablo is correct. I've sent mine on plenty of long disconnected missions. Just today was 18min and lost connection 2min into the flight. It's always fun to review the footage after she comes back ;). I will disable smart RTH which will prevent a battery low RTH for when I try the 1 way mission. I believe there is a distance from home limit around 6-7mi on a waypoint mission. Hopefully can test it out this weekend.

Hi guys,
I finally finished my radio mod.
I did some testing in a residential area. In some situations the video signal(rx) is weak but the radio signal(Tx) is very strong. Is this normal?
How to increase the strength of the radio receiver?

Booster works with the 32 channel mod app ?

my setup:
2x sunhans 2.5W + 7db argtek patch antennas

Attachments

• 20180511_130137_1526054539936.jpg
    20180511_130137_1526054539936.jpg
    608.6 KB · Views: 747
Hi guys,
I finally finished my radio mod.
I did some testing in a residential area. In some situations the video signal(rx) is weak but the radio signal(Tx) is very strong. Is this normal?
How to increase the strength of the radio receiver?

Booster works with the 32 channel mod app ?

my setup:
2x sunhans 2.5WView attachment 98704
Argtek patch antennas

Hey, odontologo98 if you have already went to the trouble of having your controller modified and purchasing amplifiers you should think in investing in a bigger dbi antenna. 14dbi or bigger and also if you don’t have to fly in a residential area I would suggest on finding a less congested Wi-Fi area. Go Long Range...

Reactions: odontologo98

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1