Official P3 Range Leaderboard

Hey, odontologo98 if you have already went to the trouble of having your controller modified and purchasing amplifiers you should think in investing in a bigger dbi antenna. 14dbi or bigger and also if you don’t have to fly in a residential area I would suggest on finding a less congested Wi-Fi area. Go Long Range...

ok,
thanks!

FPVLR, Boosted, Dual Battery Mod
28-02-2018 15:26:05 | General / Overview | Drone Flight Log from DJI GO app, version 3.1.11 on Android | Total Mileage: 60,678 ft | | Airdata UAV
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
Screenshot_2.png

New P3 World Record 85,697 ft and back 16.23 miles!!!! So proud of this flight man!!! I broke a record that was thought to be unbeatable in my mind. Pablo I feel bad but I know you will come back at me!!!

First I have to thank my sponsor Paul Shaffer at FPVCUSTOMS.COM for giving me the tools to do the impossible! He is the best drone mod guy in the business , and all these crazy records I'm banging out would not be possible without his help!

My flight was about 55 min and I hovered for another 5 min's so this turned out to be a 60 min plus flight!!!

My iPad crashed little more then halfway thru the flight and split the log in two files but I have the video to back up the two data logs.

Airdata: LOG 1 Jun 10th, 2018 07:46AM | General / Overview | Drone Flight Log from DJI GO app, version 3.1.34 on iOS | Total Mileage: 91,623 ft | United States | Airdata UAV
LOG 2 Jun 10th, 2018 08:17AM | General / Overview | Drone Flight Log from DJI GO app, version 3.1.34 on iOS | Total Mileage: 80,069 ft | United States | Airdata UAV

Attachments

• IMG_0045.PNG
    IMG_0045.PNG
    3.1 MB · Views: 413
  • IMG_0046.PNG
    IMG_0046.PNG
    6.1 MB · Views: 414
  • IMG_0049.PNG
    IMG_0049.PNG
    6 MB · Views: 439
  • Screenshot_20180610-104625_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20180610-104625_Chrome.jpg
    402.6 KB · Views: 343
  • Screenshot_20180610-104641_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20180610-104641_Chrome.jpg
    411.4 KB · Views: 335
New P3 World Record 85,697 ft and back 16.23 miles!!!! So proud of this flight man!!! I broke a record that was thought to be unbeatable in my mind. Pablo I feel bad but I know you will come back at me!!!

First I have to thank my sponsor Paul Shaffer at FPVCUSTOMS.COM for giving me the tools to do the impossible! He is the best drone mod guy in the business , and all these crazy records I'm banging out would not be possible without his help!

My flight was about 55 min and I hovered for another 5 min's so this turned out to be a 60 min plus flight!!!

My iPad crashed little more then halfway thru the flight and split the log in two files but I have the video to back up the two data logs.

Airdata: LOG 1 Jun 10th, 2018 07:46AM | General / Overview | Drone Flight Log from DJI GO app, version 3.1.34 on iOS | Total Mileage: 91,623 ft | United States | Airdata UAV
LOG 2 Jun 10th, 2018 08:17AM | General / Overview | Drone Flight Log from DJI GO app, version 3.1.34 on iOS | Total Mileage: 80,069 ft | United States | Airdata UAV

Nice flight UnknownCaller. Any details to share? Battery? Total weight? Weight reductions other then the obvious modified camera?

Reactions: odontologo98
Nice flight UnknownCaller. Any details to share? Battery? Total weight? Weight reductions other then the obvious modified camera?
Actually no camera mod , no weight mods it is a P3 right out the box direct modded with a pair of 5200's on it. I have the video up on my Facebook page Keith McCormick anyone that wants to see it is welcome to check it out. I purposely aim the camera down during the flight so everyone can see that it is still on the gimbal.

Attachments

• 20180610_112750.jpg
    20180610_112750.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 398
Here is the video of the World Record P3 flight you can see that it still has the gimbal on it.
Dropbox - P3_85430feet.mp4

Thank You i like watching screen recordings.

14.6V (3.66V pc) when it hit 0% is a lot of voltage to have left did you over charge your batteries? Autolanding was just an inconvenience and no threat of falling from the sky with that voltage…It falls at a little under 12V – (3V pc) and you finished at 13.9V (3.55V pc) It didn’t even break a sweat.
Looks like you hit some lucky wind at 10% to 40mph?

Last edited:
Reactions: odontologo98
Actually no camera mod , no weight mods it is a P3 right out the box direct modded with a pair of 5200's on it. I have the video up on my Facebook page Keith McCormick anyone that wants to see it is welcome to check it out. I purposely aim the camera down during the flight so everyone can see that it is still on the gimbal.

Where did you get those props?

Master Airscrew 9450 props

Thanks! just bought a couple sets. I have two lihv MS5200's i'm going to try them with these props. I haven't got near that flight time with them and the stock dji props. Any other advice to get that kind of flight time?

@dirtybum what do you think about Unknowns record run? Those Florida flyers must have figured out a way to harness electricity from the air?:)

Does FPV customs sponsor you? Why are you giving him the credit? You did the flying right? Who cares if you're one of the lucky few long range flyers to have the perfect flying spot where you only have to fly 100ft up in beautiful Florida weather... Did he give you those props, solder the extra battery leads to your board? Or is he the one who figured out how to over charge your battery to 4.5V per cell?

overcharge.PNG

Last edited:
Does FPV customs sponsor you? Why are you giving him the credit? You did the flying right? Who cares if you're one of the lucky few long range flyers to have the perfect flying spot where you only have to fly 100ft up in beautiful Florida weather... Did he give you those props, solder the extra battery leads to your board? Or is he the one who figured out how to over charge your battery to 4.5V per cell?

View attachment 100172
Yes FPV Customs is my sponsor. I have world records with the P3 , P4 , Spark , Matrice 100 , and the Matrice 600 all of the mods on these birds were done by Paul Shaffer at FPV Customs. He helps me out tremendously!!! I wouldn't have all these records without his help. Anybody can break records with a 65 min P3 the skill is in the setup. Flying is the easy part in my mind!!! I can't thank Paul enough for all his help.

Reactions: Mark The Droner
Yes FPV Customs is my sponsor. I have world records with the P3 , P4 , Spark , Matrice 100 , and the Matrice 600 all of the mods on these birds were done by Paul Shaffer at FPV Customs. He helps me out tremendously!!! I wouldn't have all these records without his help. Anybody can break records with a 65 min P3 the skill is in the setup. Flying is the easy part in my mind!!! I can't thank Paul enough for all his help.

View attachment 100172

4.43V ????????

how is it possible P3 battery 0 mah and not land ?

If overcharging batteries to 4.5V that ultimately gave the 12 to 14 min gain in flight time is a skill, then yes, Way to go Paul!

UnknownCaller, I personally don't care Paul overcharged your batteries because It's definitely not up to me what the rules are, but I think it should be mentioned that on a "World Record Run" the P3 was on steroids and it shouldn't have to be found out by people that know what they're looking at catching it on a video. I can say by doing that you set a "Record" that seems out of reach unless people crazily overcharge their lipo batteries...

Reactions: gvsukids
If overcharging batteries to 4.5V that ultimately gave the 12 to 14 min gain in flight time is a skill, then yes, Way to go Paul!

UnknownCaller, I personally don't care Paul overcharged your batteries because It's definitely not up to me what the rules are, but I think it should be mentioned that on a "World Record Run" the P3 was on steroids and it shouldn't have to be found out by people that know what they're looking at catching it on a video. I can say by doing that you set a "Record" that seems out of reach unless people crazily overcharge their lipo batteries...
People are tearing apart their camera's stripping weight off their bird to gain flight time. I am doing nothing different if anything my bird is closer to stock then the previous record holder. You can go ahead and think whatever you want. It doesn't matter to me. This is an open modification class Chazz my record is good.

Reactions: SkyNinja

Chazz I'm not hiding anything and Let's be clear Pablos record was never gonna be beaten. Nobody was even close. Paul and I figured out new tech and did what had to be done to get the record back. Plain and simple. There are 3 people in the running for this record. Lowell Foo , Pablo Chacon and myself. Both of those guys know exactly what I am doing and congratulated me on the record. They didn't complain about how I got there and right now they are doing what needs to be done to get the record back working on there drones. That is what this leaderboard is about right there competition!!!

hi guys
for two 2200mah (550gr), is it necessary to change the stock dji propellers?

** have been reported cases of broken dji props with battery mods?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31