Nvidia Shield k1 android 6.0 compass issue

I got a friend to downgrade the Shield from Marshmallow 6.0 to Lollipop 5.1, now the radar is working perfectly again! :D
A word of warning to all Nvidia Shield users, DO NOT UPGRADE TO MARSHMALLOW!

Reactions: Wacker2611
I got a friend to downgrade the Shield from Marshmallow 6.0 to Lollipop 5.1, now the radar is working perfectly again! :D
A word of warning to all Nvidia Shield users, DO NOT UPGRADE TO MARSHMALLOW!
Couldn't agree more - this has been said many times on this forum before but worth saying again as posts tend to disappear under a pile of other posts.....The Shield K1 is the almost perfect tablet for flying your Phantom, but only if you're on 5.1. If you want full, trouble free compass functionality do not upgrade, or downgrade if you've already taken the plunge.
Believe me, I've tried Marshmallow a few times and while you can get the compass to work, it's flakey at best.

Just got this back from Nvidia:
Please be informed that,
A bug has been filled on the issue you are facing already.
Our developing team would be working on it and getting it fixed as soon as possible or probably by the next software update.
We highly apologize for the inconvenience caused due to the issue.

Not sure when/if they will fix this as it's been a problem for so long now.

I was just about to pull the trigger on a shield so I could use Litchi. I think I will just install the iOS version on the Air2 instead.

Phantom 3 Pro / iPad Air 2

I was just about to pull the trigger on a shield so I could use Litchi. I think I will just install the iOS version on the Air2

I would still prefer mature and full featured Android version of Litchi on K1 (especially on 5.2) then iOS Litchi on Air2

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I was just about to pull the trigger on a shield so I could use Litchi. I think I will just install the iOS version on the Air2 instead.

I wouldn't let it put you off Mojo, it's completely trouble free on 5.1, and it's a beast for Litchi.

The iOS version is not comparable to Android...

Am planning to order Shield K1 today. So if it comes with 6.0 i just downgrade it back to 5.1 and it will work fine? OR i should hold off buying it?

Am planning to order Shield K1 today. So if it comes with 6.0 i just downgrade it back to 5.1 and it will work fine? OR i should hold off buying it?
I think they come preloaded with Lollipop, so no problem. If it is preloaded with Marshmallow, downgrading it is fairly easy - Fredz posted a link earlier in this thread, which I used and if I can do it, anybody can!
I have no regrets about going for the Shield k1 and would recommend to anybody. It's actually a bit overpowered so therefore relatively future proof and should see you through for years to come.

Reactions: t2adze
I just purchased the K1 from Amazon last week, it came with Lolipop installed. I have had no issues and it is night & day difference coming from the Samsung Tab 4 that I was previously using. I had to remove every possible app, stop processes and the Tab 4 would still freeze up. The Shield has always connected and no video lag in display. Best decision...well other than purchasing the P3P :)

Reactions: rene van der meer
I just purchased the K1 from Amazon last week, it came with Lolipop installed. I have had no issues and it is night & day difference coming from the Samsung Tab 4 that I was previously using. I had to remove every possible app, stop processes and the Tab 4 would still freeze up. The Shield has always connected and no video lag in display. Best decision...well other than purchasing the P3P :)
I agree, the Shield sure is a brilliant tablet on Lollipop OS. :)

I wouldn't let it put you off Mojo, it's completely trouble free on 5.1, and it's a beast for Litchi.
I would still prefer mature and full featured Android version of Litchi on K1 (especially on 5.2) then iOS Litchi on Air2
Yes me too but for now I will just use the iOS version. May pull the trigger later when they have the issue fixed.
The iOS version is not comparable to Android...
Yes I am aware of that. I just went ahead and bought the iOS version. It may be watered down but I'm confident that it won't be problematic. When I get the hang of it I may switch over to the Shield. I really don't like stuff that is glitchy. I can wait for a fix.

Well I guess I'm a *******. I went ahead and got a shield. I will be able to give an honest comparison between the two. Works for me I am selling my old iPad and will be able to use the shield and air2 for flying. keeping them both.

It'll be interesting to see what you think. I've got an air 2 as well but I prefer the shield for a number of reasons. But I do fly with litchi mostly.

Yes, I am pretty stoked. As I said before I'm not a brand loyal guy. Each has strengths and weaknesses. I had an android phone but I dropped that and swapped the cell service when i got the Air2. So i have the last Gen iPad and the Air2. Both iOS devices were flawless.. Never a single glitch and no wonky behavior. I won't use 3 devices so the oldest has to go. Main reason I want the Shield is for Litchi and screen recording. I also have a bunch of micro SD card equipped devices and being able to pull the card and immediately view them is also a must have. I carried the android phone for that but decided with the Shield being only 2 bills I would spring for a better option; Sell the older iPad and ditch the old phone. Early B-day present.

It is now time to read up on Litchi.

I see the update for the Shield K1 is now out which says has fixed the compass issue? Anybody updated to the 6.1 yet? My shield is the original Shield tablet so no update as yet but they say is due out in the coming weeks.

Yes, I meant to post when the update came out but forgot. It now works perfectly with the new update. Finally!

Really? When was that update out?
Not sure, I stumbled across it a few weeks ago on the K1 forum an decided to take the plunge, knowing I could go back to lollipop if need be. Anyway, the compass seems more stable than lollipop was so all good.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20