NVIDA SCEEN BRIGHTNESS

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Please move if it's in the incorrect place.
I went out over the weekend first time with my NVIDIA Shield tablet and my phantom 3. I couldn't see what was on the screen, too dark and light reflections. In the UK and it was over cast. Anyone any solutions to get good visibility?

Hi guys,

Please move if it's in the incorrect place.
I went out over the weekend first time with my NVIDIA Shield tablet and my phantom 3. I couldn't see what was on the screen, too dark and light reflections. In the UK and it was over cast. Anyone any solutions to get good visibility?
Three things come to mind:

1) Invest in an anti-glare screen protector. That will help.

2) Go into settings and check the brightness level. You can adjust manually or auto. Be sure the auto setting is turned off. Then push the slider as far as you can to the right.

3) Invest in a monitor hood. These will shield the sun on 4 sides. I use the Hoodman with optional extender.

Other things you also can try:

1) Wear a wide brim hat

2) Wear dark clothing.

3) If your schedule is flexible, flying for fun, consider late afternoon just before sunset.

The K1 is fairly high on the list in terms of brightness but still not perfect.

Hi ya,

Perfect! Is there a good place to look for the hood?
Not sure if any of these places ship to the UK, but you can still find them on Amazon, B&H Photo, or direct from Hoodman. The model I have is the Aviator Hood Kit HAV1 and the extender HAV1E. Here's a link for you:

It used to list the K1 but since it's no longer in production, they're listing the iPad Mini and Crystal Sky as compatible. But I own this and it fits my K1 just fine.

The extender works great, but it's a bit bulky. Nevertheless, it keeps your screen in total darkness. Just stick your face in there and have at it. Next best thing to goggles and you can always pull away which improves situational awareness. Can't do that with goggles.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers