No Video or camera picture on my ipad

Reaction score
Hi I have just brought this phantom 3 standard and have looked everywhere for a fix for this issue. Is there one?
I am using a ipad and iphone 6s and only been able to see the picture twice.
The first time i used it was ok then i lost video but can start the motors and move the camera.
Any help would be wonderful
Cheers Brad

Welcome to the Forum!
Do you also loose telemetry?

Link light is green on the remote?
What color is the Link Light on the Phantom?

Rod

Welcome to the Forum!
Do you also loose telemetry?

Link light is green on the remote?
What color is the Link Light on the Phantom?

Rod
Hi Rod thank you so much for reply.
I do not loose telemetry.
All lights are green.
I can fly but the only thing i can not see on my ipad or iphone 6s. I just have the black screen
I can take video and photos and then take out the card and view them on my computer just cannot see them on my ipad when taking them.

Reactions: RodPad
Try another SD card or remove SD card, start up everything as normal. If you have vision, shut down, insert SD card and should be good. If no vision wait for one of the more experienced users to suggest a fix.

@bjhanna,
I read your post, I hit the like and headed home, forgot to come back.

Yes as just posted about the SD card.
Adding to that it must show you the status of the card?

All your WiFi from the Phantom comes from the gimbal goes out to your remote then to your mobile.

Basically telemetry from the IMU and your camera status and functions all goes to the gimbal.

2 WiFi channels are sent to the remote, one is telemetry, etc. The second is the live video feed.

This diagram is pretty good.
P3S block diagram.

Rod

Try another SD card or remove SD card, start up everything as normal. If you have vision, shut down, insert SD card and should be good. If no vision wait for one of the more experienced users to suggest a fix.
Hi Thanks I have done that still no good.

@bjhanna,
I read your post, I hit the like and headed home, forgot to come back.

Yes as just posted about the SD card.
Adding to that it must show you the status of the card?

All your WiFi from the Phantom comes from the gimbal goes out to your remote then to your mobile.

Basically telemetry from the IMU and your camera status and functions all goes to the gimbal.

2 WiFi channels are sent to the remote, one is telemetry, etc. The second is the live video feed.

This diagram is pretty good.
P3S block diagram.

Rod
Thanks Rob, I bit of homework coming up.

Funny thing last night i tried a different start up and the video came back on. I turned it off and tried again and lost it again ahhhhh.

I turned on R/C then the wifi then the dji go app and then the drone, like i said i got it to work but then again lost it when i turned it off.
I brought this drone second hand, maybe why he sold it?
Cheers for your help

Hum, "I am using a ipad and iphone 6s and only been able to see the picture twice."
I really didn't catch that yesterday ether.

Over time DJI-Go required more resources for their app.

Take a look at @msinger's help sight: DJI Phantom 3 Standard Accessories & Tips | Phantom Help
Look for,
Mobile device fixes.
and
Mobile devices that work good with DJI_Go.

Rod

Reactions: Capt KO and bjhanna
Thanks Rob, I bit of homework coming up.

Funny thing last night i tried a different start up and the video came back on. I turned it off and tried again and lost it again ahhhhh.

I turned on R/C then the wifi then the dji go app and then the drone, like i said i got it to work but then again lost it when i turned it off.
I brought this drone second hand, maybe why he sold it?
Cheers for your help

EVERY time I start up my P3std test drone, (to test cam repairs), I have to re link the drone to the controller in order to get a video image on my video device. I use a Samsung S5, which has never failed me. I also make sure ALL devices are fully charged. I think it is the nature of the P3Std, because none of the other P3's have this issue. The Std. is a strange beast.

Reactions: RodPad and Capt KO
EVERY time I start up my P3std test drone, (to test cam repairs), I have to re link the drone to the controller in order to get a video image on my video device. I use a Samsung S5, which has never failed me. I also make sure ALL devices are fully charged. I think it is the nature of the P3Std, because none of the other P3's have this issue. The Std. is a strange beast.
Thank you jiminyfixit , Do you relink drone then turn on app

I kind of getting lost on this thread.....
"I think it is the nature of the P3Std, because none of the other P3's have this issue. The Std. is a strange beast."

Are saying all other Phantoms 3's work fine. P3A, P3P, P3 4K?

Why I ask, the A and P don't use WiFi.

"I have to re link the drone to the controller in order to get a video image on my video device"
Telemetry works, just no live feed?

Rod

Thank you jiminyfixit , Do you relink drone then turn on app
I think you and @jiminyfixit are not having the same problem.
Hopefully he will respond to these last two posts.

Did you look at the help stuff on Post #8
I'm thinking the iPhone isn't fast enough?

Like I said I'm a little lost on this thread.
Have got the video feed to work on both your mobile devices?

Which model of iPad do you have?

Figuring that out is also confusing. ;) :rolleyes:
Identify your iPad model

Rod

I think you and @jiminyfixit are not having the same problem.
Hopefully he will respond to these last two posts.

Did you look at the help stuff on Post #8
I'm thinking the iPhone isn't fast enough?

Like I said I'm a little lost on this thread.
Have got the video feed to work on both your mobile devices?

Which model of iPad do you have?

Figuring that out is also confusing. ;) :rolleyes:
Identify your iPad model

Rod

Hi Rod.
I have looked at the info link you gave me put still having trouble.
This is what i am having trouble with Telemetry works, just no live feed.
I have also tried using my wife's iphone 10 got video feed the first time. but when i turned it off and tried again
Telemetry works, just no live feed?. I also have ipad 5.

I will have to try what jiminyfixit said as i think we do have the same problem.
This is so frustrating

Yeah, it sucks been there.
P2V+ $1,400 never flown a bird, just a couple of RC cars.

It was defective day one intermittent video signal, I didn't want to send it in, flew it anyways 10% of the time, video signal worked for 30 secs then it wouldn't come back..

Made me a careless flyer, always had a sd recording, it always came back (RTH).
My attitude was, it is already broke.

Finally sent it in, got it back, now it works. :)
Then I would loose video and telemetry at the same time. Bring it back maybe it would hook up, or maybe required a full restart.

Was up in the woods, lost signal I could still see it, this was normal to me, kept flying my plan, started getting harder to see, then it disappeared.

I had relied on RTH so much, I didn't think I could loose it.

So this is the short version.
I and friends spent much fuel and time looking for it. ALOT.

I'm here now because I have no friends. :rolleyes:

Anyways I still look for it every year.
Today I think a bird took it out.

I have a memory problem, I remember way to much and I irritate my (no) friends.
Thanks for the video loss refresher.

Keep the questions coming in.;)

Before I forget look at some of @quaddamage threads.

Rod

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31