No Signal Problem...again

Thanks Frank. The no signal problem has kept me from evaluating the "booster" reflector, but I know from experience with trying to maximize internet reception in a rural area that the reflector will make a difference.
I even used a skillet for an antennae reflector for my internet once.:) I have researched the 32 ch mod, to some extent, and hopefully will try it when I get through the current problem. Thanks again, the help is much appreciated,,,, Gary

Once I discovered last year that dji was limiting the power and speed is when I stopped updating firmware altogether. If you can't make it out to at least 2000-2500ft before losing signal on the stock antennas alone, then something is not right. I 1st added the 32 channel mod and doubled my distance with setting at Custom and channel 32. I was then around 5700ft distance. I then added the WindSurfer and tripled the distance around 15,400ft. I also learned near the sametime of adding the WindSurfer that the higher the altitude the further it would fly. So that 15,400ft was at 700ft. But I also had to get up to the 700ft to the signal over trees that were between me and the A/C.

Thanks for the info. I'll definitely give it a go. I flew this morning, if you could call it flying. Windy and cold. Found a spot downwind of my barn. Took off and basically hovered 6' off the ground 15' away from me.
Used my normal procedure for startup, and after a minute the video froze and the no signal msg. appeared.
So then I shut everything down and hooked up the wifes 10.1 note. Started up normally and flew till I was freezing(a little over 5 minutes), and everything functioned fine. Probably won't be able to do more testing until next week. Thanks again, Gary

Got a break in the weather and my allergies, and flew a bit today. I had installed the 3.1.0 version of the GO app yesterday. Well today I flew one battery down, landed and put in the 2nd battery and flew it down(35%) without getting the "no signal" alert. The video did do a very slight "black" flicker at about the same time frame where the signal was dropping out before. Like it lost it for a few milliseconds.?
I did have a scare during the last part of the second flight. Was flying at 118ft alt about 400yds away over a clear hay patch when an audible announced for a split second"CRITICAL LOW BATTERY", and at the same time a text alert "motor obstructed". I don't know if a bug or bird or something hit a prop or what? I just let it hover there for a few seconds, everything looked normal, the battery was showing 55%, so I flew it back to me, did a hand catch, and felt for vibrations before shutting it down. Examined props and everything else, no sign of any problems. Pretty scary.
Any ideas what it could have been. I'll try to fly some tomorrow,,cautiously and see what happens. It looks like the new GO app fixed my initial problem. Thanks to all, Gary

Once I discovered last year that dji was limiting the power and speed is when I stopped updating firmware altogether. If you can't make it out to at least 2000-2500ft before losing signal on the stock antennas alone, then something is not right. I 1st added the 32 channel mod and doubled my distance with setting at Custom and channel 32. I was then around 5700ft distance. I then added the WindSurfer and tripled the distance around 15,400ft. I also learned near the sametime of adding the WindSurfer that the higher the altitude the further it would fly. So that 15,400ft was at 700ft. But I also had to get up to the 700ft to the signal over trees that were between me and the A/C.
Thanks Frank, I'll be looking into doing some mods. I'm primarily interested in Reliability more than anything else. I really only NEED to get out to around 3000' for my normal "surveillance" . But more would be nice as long as there is no "hit" on reliability.

Got a break in the weather and my allergies, and flew a bit today. I had installed the 3.1.0 version of the GO app yesterday. Well today I flew one battery down, landed and put in the 2nd battery and flew it down(35%) without getting the "no signal" alert. The video did do a very slight "black" flicker at about the same time frame where the signal was dropping out before. Like it lost it for a few milliseconds.?
I did have a scare during the last part of the second flight. Was flying at 118ft alt about 400yds away over a clear hay patch when an audible announced for a split second"CRITICAL LOW BATTERY", and at the same time a text alert "motor obstructed". I don't know if a bug or bird or something hit a prop or what? I just let it hover there for a few seconds, everything looked normal, the battery was showing 55%, so I flew it back to me, did a hand catch, and felt for vibrations before shutting it down. Examined props and everything else, no sign of any problems. Pretty scary.
Any ideas what it could have been. I'll try to fly some tomorrow,,cautiously and see what happens. It looks like the new GO app fixed my initial problem. Thanks to all, Gary

So, what made it work this time? Is this the first time you upgraded the DJI GO app? Is that what fixed it? I thought you were on the most recent of all app's, FW etc. Had I known you were not upgraded to 3.1.0 and FW 1.10.9, that would have been the first recommendation. What happened to you losing signal and the app closing? There are a lot of gaps in your story, can you enlighten us? Some people may be having the same problems. Thanks.

So, what made it work this time? Is this the first time you upgraded the DJI GO app? Is that what fixed it? I thought you were on the most recent of all app's, FW etc. Had I known you were not upgraded to 3.1.0 and FW 1.10.9, that would have been the first recommendation. What happened to you losing signal and the app closing? There are a lot of gaps in your story, can you enlighten us? Some people may be having the same problems. Thanks.
"Is this the first time you upgraded the DJI GO app?"
"Had I known you were not upgraded to 3.1.0 and FW 1.10.9, that would have been the first recommendation"
Had you actually read my initial post, you would have known.
I bought the P3 in May of this year, and did the one update. Everything was fine after the update.
There was another poster who posted about a problem THEY were having that was thought to be similar to my post. Maybe that clouded the waters. I never said "the app closed". Just got the no signal alert. The thing I hate about these "conversations" is that one cannot be sure of the "tone" of a statement. I took your tone negatively, but Thank you and all the others for the help. Bye

"Is this the first time you upgraded the DJI GO app?"
"Had I known you were not upgraded to 3.1.0 and FW 1.10.9, that would have been the first recommendation"
Had you actually read my initial post, you would have known.
I bought the P3 in May of this year, and did the one update. Everything was fine after the update.
There was another poster who posted about a problem THEY were having that was thought to be similar to my post. Maybe that clouded the waters. I never said "the app closed". Just got the no signal alert. The thing I hate about these "conversations" is that one cannot be sure of the "tone" of a statement. I took your tone negatively, but Thank you and all the others for the help. Bye

Sorry, I didn't mean to sound out of sorts. As you said; It is possible to mistake one post for another or to post in the wrong post. Either way, thanks for clarifying for me and happy flying.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl