No Signal Problem...again

Reaction score
I know this has been discussed to death, but I have read a lot of posts and my problem is a bit different,,I think.
P3A 1.8.80 1.6.0 2.8.1 . Using a Samsung Tab"A".
I bought the P3 in May of this year, and did the one update. Everything was fine after the update. Recently, I started getting a "no signal" every now and then. I thought maybe I wasn't holding the RC correct. It has gotten very frequent lately,,like every time I fly. Everything goes normal through the startup. I get the "need update" msg., and then "safe to fly". After I take off(within 1minute or less) the "no signal" comes on, and the option to click "return home". I delcline, fly back and land, go thru the power down, wait a few minutes, and go again. Usually flies longer this time before the alert. Fly back and land, and this time I just turn off the DJIGO app.(craft is still powered on, but motors off). Re start the app, start the motors and fly again. Sometimes this fixes it , and sometimes I have to go thru the procedure again. First time it happened there were some trees between me and the craft, and hit "return home",,it did, and I cancelled return home and landed it manually. Very scary. I can't afford to repair or replace it, so if anything happens, "it's all over but the cryin".
The only thing that happens is the video is lost. The craft still responds and flies fine. Any and all input appreciated, Gary

I know this has been discussed to death, but I have read a lot of posts and my problem is a bit different,,I think.
I bought the P3 in May of this year, and did the one update. Everything was fine after the update. Recently, I started getting a "no signal" every now and then. I thought maybe I wasn't holding the RC correct. It has gotten very frequent lately,,like every time I fly. Everything goes normal through the startup. I get the "need update" msg., and then "safe to fly". After I take off(within 1minute or less) the "no signal" comes on, and the option to click "return home". I delcline, fly back and land, go thru the power down, wait a few minutes, and go again. Usually flies longer this time before the alert. Fly back and land, and this time I just turn off the DJIGO app.(craft is still powered on, but motors off). Re start the app, start the motors and fly again. Sometimes this fixes it , and sometimes I have to go thru the procedure again. First time it happened there were some trees between me and the craft, and hit "return home",,it did, and I cancelled return home and landed it manually. Very scary. I can't afford to repair or replace it, so if anything happens, "it's all over but the cryin".
The only thing that happens is the video is lost. The craft still responds and flies fine. Any and all input appreciated, Gary
I am not sure I can add much, but something has been happening with my similar setup lately, I THINK.
I have about the same versions of everything as you. I am not sure about all the numbers as right now I am just too lazy to power everything up. I do have a P3A almost a year old, and I have software almost that old too which works flawlessly.

I have a big LG phone, a Sammy Note 4 and two Samsung Galaxy Tab S's 8.4 with LTE. I have had no signal issues on any of these until lately. I have low cellular tower signal strength on the 3G/4G on the tablets and let T-Mobile do a factory reset on one. It didn't help the cellular signal, which is unrelated to anything DJI except for trying to set waypoints away from home. But since that, the reset tablet now intermittently flashes a "No Signal" red bar at the top even before the bird has even started the motors. It has done this E V E R Y time I have tried to fly it since that reset. I am still looking into it. Thankfully I have an identical tablet for comparison which has not been reset and does not exhibit the issue.

Are you saying that you didn't do any SW/ FW update since long and use the same hardware and started getting no signal issues now?

This is worth analyzing. Does it mean that something is getting degraded as there is no upgrade of any sort whatever like hardware, environment...?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Are you saying that you didn't do any SW/ FW update since long and use the same hardware and started getting no signal issues now?

This is worth analyzing. Does it mean that something is getting degraded as there is no upgrade of any sort whatever like hardware, environment...?

Thanks for the response. The only thing that has changed(as best I can remember) is, I tried one of the "reflectors" that slip on the antennae. I couldn't tell that it made any difference, and it would interfere with positioning the RC/Antennae at the proper angle. I have since flown with and without it, and no effect on the problem. I have only done the updates one time. After reading all the horror stories, I just stayed with the versions I posted, since everything was working fine. I live in a rural area, and only fly around my property. The main purpose for the drone is to watch for feral hogs and predators,,,,as well as having fun flying.
I hate doing updates, but I'm wondering if it would be worth re-installing these same versions, if that is possible. Will the update run if it is the same as "current" version in the device?
Edit: I just flew and the problem occurred every time. What I discovered is this:
I fly up and out a ways, distance and altitude doesn't seem to matter. After 1 minute or less , the video freezes and the red "no signal" comes on, along with the pop up "offer" to return home.
I flew back to, and hovered over the home location(about 10 feet from me) and tap the "back" button on my tablet(Samsung galaxy Tab "A"6). The DJIGO opening screen comes up. It says the "aircraft is connected". I tap the button to connect (even though it says its connected). This re-establishes the connection, and I get the "update required" msg, and then the green "Safe to Fly" msg. I climb and fly off a ways(40yds) and all is well,,,,,,for less than a minute. The problem occurs again. I repeated this several times using two batteries. The green light on the gimbal/light bridge ALWAYS IS GREEN ???

Last edited:
I just flew and the problem occurred every time. What I discovered is this:
I fly up and out a ways, distance and altitude doesn't seem to matter. After 1 minute or less , the video freezes and the red "no signal" comes on, along with the pop up "offer" to return home.
I flew back to, and hovered over the home location(about 10 feet from me) and tap the "back" button on my tablet(Samsung galaxy Tab "A"6). The DJIGO opening screen comes up. It says the "aircraft is connected". I tap the button to connect (even though it says its connected). This re-establishes the connection, and I get the "update required" msg, and then the green "Safe to Fly" msg. I climb and fly off a ways(40yds) and all is well,,,,,,for less than a minute. The problem occurs again. I repeated this several times using two batteries. The green light on the gimbal/light bridge ALWAYS IS GREEN ???
not sure where to go from here.

Yes that is exactly what I am saying, in that in attempting to solve an unrelated cellular issue, it seems my connection between my Remote Control/Tablet and bird has gone flaky. I am still trying to document this so that it makes more sense, because right now to my engineering mind, it does not compute.

You will have to reset all the settings, but on the tablet I would go to settings/applications and delete all Go app data. I would also delete all cached data as well.

Thanks everyone, now may I please have the Dunce hat? TODAY, with nothing changed but the date on the calendar, I cannot recreate it. I have to assume it was something external, and coincident with my mucking with the tablet. The scenario I described happened in my front yard, in a conventional residential area. Today I attempted to see the same no signal/disconnected anomaly inside the house and could not reproduce it. I then went outside to the exact same place and powered up the P3A and did not see the darling little red warning. Beats me, but it was severe enough previously that I would not fly even if I could get it connected.

Guess I'll have to round up another tab or phone to try. Thanks

Yes that's what I'm concluding too. Get a new tab or reinstall entire OS on your tab and go from there. Keep minimum apps on it. Fly with airplane mode on and give us results.

I would first go to settings /applications and delete the data for the Go app. You will have to reset all the settings. Also delete all app cached data.

My wife has a Samsung Galaxy note 10.1 2014 editon...:rolleyes:
I downloaded DJIGO from the google play store site.
It is version 3.1.0 ? Fired up everything(in the house)and all is working. Weather and my allergies permitting, I'll take it outside tomorrow and see what happens. There was an update for my little tab which I did a couple of days ago. Didn't see any changes, problem still there. Thinking if the note 10.1 works, I'll uninstall "GO" from my tab, and install the same 3.1.0 and see if that works before doing anything else. I'll report back, Thanks guys, Gary

not sure where to go from here.

I had the same problem. Here is how I fixed it.

1. Turn on AC
2. Turn on RC do not plug in the usb cable to the tablet
3. Now, before the RC (red light) connects to the AC
4. Plug in the usb cable to the tablet. (Must plug into tablet before RC light goes green)
5. If I plug it in after the RC light is green (AC connected) I lose connection and the app disconnects. Then the app pops up again.

Try it. If I don't do this exactly, I have your same problem. I flew today and missed the red light. Had to start over. Once I plug the cable in before the RC connects to the AC, all is fine. Once connected properly, I ran a Litchi mission for 10 minutes without any errors. All was perfect.

Note: I am up to date on the DJI GO and Litchi app. I'm up to date on the AC and RC FW.

That is my story, I hope it helps you.

I had the same problem. Here is how I fixed it.

1. Turn on AC
2. Turn on RC do not plug in the usb cable to the tablet
3. Now, before the RC (red light) connects to the AC
4. Plug in the usb cable to the tablet. (Must plug into tablet before RC light goes green)
5. If I plug it in after the RC light is green (AC connected) I lose connection and the app disconnects. Then the app pops up again.

Try it. If I don't do this exactly, I have your same problem. I flew today and missed the red light. Had to start over. Once I plug the cable in before the RC connects to the AC, all is fine. Once connected properly, I ran a Litchi mission for 10 minutes without any errors. All was perfect.

Note: I am up to date on the DJI GO and Litchi app. I'm up to date on the AC and RC FW.

That is my story, I hope it helps you.

Thanks for the info. I'll definitely give it a go. I flew this morning, if you could call it flying. Windy and cold. Found a spot downwind of my barn. Took off and basically hovered 6' off the ground 15' away from me.
Used my normal procedure for startup, and after a minute the video froze and the no signal msg. appeared.
So then I shut everything down and hooked up the wifes 10.1 note. Started up normally and flew till I was freezing(a little over 5 minutes), and everything functioned fine. Probably won't be able to do more testing until next week. Thanks again, Gary

Thanks for the info. I'll definitely give it a go. I flew this morning, if you could call it flying. Windy and cold. Found a spot downwind of my barn. Took off and basically hovered 6' off the ground 15' away from me.
Used my normal procedure for startup, and after a minute the video froze and the no signal msg. appeared.
So then I shut everything down and hooked up the wifes 10.1 note. Started up normally and flew till I was freezing(a little over 5 minutes), and everything functioned fine. Probably won't be able to do more testing until next week. Thanks again, Gary

It can be an issue based also on the version of the firmware on the tablet. That is why it may work on one and not another. Anyway, good luck, I hope it works for you.

It can be an issue based also on the version of the firmware on the tablet. That is why it may work on one and not another. Anyway, good luck, I hope it works for you.
I didn't have the problem initially. Now and then, but it was when there were trees etc between me and the AC. Then it started happening more often, and I noticed it even with the AC in view and not very far away.
Seems as if something "degraded". I have the latest update in the tablet, have cleared cache and unneeded data, etc. . Only thing I found out today is that I shouldn't have hooked up that 10 inch tablet, boy what a nice view! May have to save up some pennies to upgrade :)

I didn't have the problem initially. Now and then, but it was when there were trees etc between me and the AC. Then it started happening more often, and I noticed it even with the AC in view and not very far away.
Seems as if something "degraded". I have the latest update in the tablet, have cleared cache and unneeded data, etc. . Only thing I found out today is that I shouldn't have hooked up that 10 inch tablet, boy what a nice view! May have to save up some pennies to upgrade :)

Yes, same for me. It started on the latest FW update 1.10.90. Then I couldn't do anything. But, from my past experience with FW updates, I just started messing with it and found what works. Update us on this post when you're able to test it. Thanks.

My wife has a Samsung Galaxy note 10.1 2014 editon...:rolleyes:
I downloaded DJIGO from the google play store site.
It is version 3.1.0 ? Fired up everything(in the house)and all is working. Weather and my allergies permitting, I'll take it outside tomorrow and see what happens. There was an update for my little tab which I did a couple of days ago. Didn't see any changes, problem still there. Thinking if the note 10.1 works, I'll uninstall "GO" from my tab, and install the same 3.1.0 and see if that works before doing anything else. I'll report back, Thanks guys, Gary

With the windsurfer installed so that the antennas are at 90 degrees with the flatside facing Air Craft, you will improve performance. Also add the 32 channel mod.

With the windsurfer installed so that the antennas are at 90 degrees with the flatside facing Air Craft, you will improve performance. Also add the 32 channel mod.
Thanks Frank. The no signal problem has kept me from evaluating the "booster" reflector, but I know from experience with trying to maximize internet reception in a rural area that the reflector will make a difference.
I even used a skillet for an antennae reflector for my internet once.:) I have researched the 32 ch mod, to some extent, and hopefully will try it when I get through the current problem. Thanks again, the help is much appreciated,,,, Gary

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers