No insurance from Square Trade for DIJ drones

Reaction score
Read some posts that indicated one could buy insurance (~$280 for 3 year policy) for DIJ drones that covered everything except theft and flyaway (one would have to have the remains of the drone in order to collect the insurance).

Just got off the phone with Square Trade.... THEY ARE NOT INSURING DIJ DRONES...DOES NOT MATTER IF THE DRONE HAS A BUILT IN CAMERA OR NOT...THEY ARE NOT INSURING DIJ DRONES.

So much for protecting one from DIJ manufacturing defects and lack of warranty replacement and/or repair.

Would've ordered P3 today if the policy was available... Not about to roll the ~$1500 dice without assurance
that one is covered for unit failure due to manufacturing defect(s)...

Why would you even consider buying a product which you have deemed to have "manufacturing defects" and a warranty policy which you do not agree with or are happy with? You guys crack me up on this forum. You come here and bash DJI's products every chance you get with a never ending stream of crying and whining. Then you go out and buy their products and use them, crash them and then come back and complain some more.

If you don't like DJI's drones or their business practices, DON'T BUY THEIR PRODUCTS!!! And spare the rest of us(who enjoy the hobby) your never ending bitching.

I don't mean to be rude, but most people generally don't buy products, especially toys, that they think are made poorly, are unsafe, have defects, and are not warrantied or guaranteed to their satisfaction. It really makes you look foolish. Life is too short bud.

For anybody who thought that you can purchase an after market warranty for any drone without paying a prohibitive amount in premiums I have this bridge to sell you at a bargain price. this is the funniest thread I have seen in awhile.

Why would you even consider buying a product which you have deemed to have "manufacturing defects" and a warranty policy which you do not agree with or are happy with? You guys crack me up on this forum. You come here and bash DJI's products every chance you get with a never ending stream of crying and whining. Then you go out and buy their products and use them, crash them and then come back and complain some more.

If you don't like DJI's drones or their business practices, DON'T BUY THEIR PRODUCTS!!! And spare the rest of us(who enjoy the hobby) your never ending bitching.

I don't mean to be rude, but most people generally don't buy products, especially toys, that they think are made poorly, are unsafe, have defects, and are not warrantied or guaranteed to their satisfaction. It really makes you look foolish. Life is too short bud.

TOTALLY AGREE And especially theses newbie morons

I had this discussion with Visa, MC, SquareTrade and WarrantyTech (Amazon's provider).
Credit card companies will sometimes warranty things for 90 days as part of the protection.
Everyone will piggyback on MFG warranty though; so if DJI doesn't warranty flyaways, or it falling from the sky, neither will your credit card.

This is an email I sent to one of the dealers that thought that there might be some coverage offered from 3rd party companies:

"Just got off the phone with squaretrade. They do NOT do accidental protection for our industry.

CS said that they know that flying machines crash and therefore they don’t cover them for that.

They do however offer protection for MFG defects and electrical failures, and he quoted me a price of $200 – I don’t know for how long. That price was based on purchase price of $1,259

Oh, and I even asked about theft protection ;-) , to which he replayed that they are NOT insurance company, they are a warranty company.

So I’m back to square one (pun intended).

I can get basic coverage thru Visa which is free, or get the total coverage thru Amazon for only $89 for three years: http://www.amazon.com/3-Year-Camcorder-Accident-Protection-1250-1500/dp/B00CV9M808
No, wait; Amazon coverage is no longer being offered, I just called them to confirm. It still shows up on the website, something about them not being able to remove it.
"

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: MAskinut
The insurance industry has gotten so greedy, it (and therefore parts of society, as evidenced in this thread) forgets how it's supposed to work. The entire idea of insurance is that a large number of people pay a small amount of money to cover costs of damage from the inevitable few that need it.

Do you think Phantom crashes are that much more common than car crashes? Nearly everyone I know has been in a car accident at some point in their lives; the same cannot be said for people in this forum, many of which have never experienced an issue.

If the insurance industry stopped being asshats, we could have a working system for UAS insurance, without being fleeced.

Yo Jstic,

You are rude and in need of anger management... Chill out, dude.

I am not the one coming on this forum and crying about DJI's quality and "manufacturing defects", that would be you. As you can see, I am not the only one who is fed up with your type.

If you don't like the company, don't buy the drone, it's that simple. You want to *****, call your mother or someone who cares.

Total number of cars / total number of car crashes
vs
Total number of phantoms / total number of crashes.

I bet the numbers are 10x in favor of the phantom.
MOST people that own one have bumped, scraped, scuffed, or crashed their bird at one time or another.

I would never insure these things (unless it was a high premium) .

I am not the one coming on this forum and crying about DJI's quality and "manufacturing defects", that would be you. As you can see, I am not the only one who is fed up with your type.

If you don't like the company, don't buy the drone, it's that simple. You want to *****, call your mother or someone who cares.
If you don't like a thread, move on, it's that simple.

They are cheap enough and become obsolete fast enough to just buy another one/the next model. I'd take another couple of batteries vs paying for insurance. Now, I do have it included in my umbrella policy in case it falls from the sky and kills someone or does property damage.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic