GG: Official DJI Refund Policy: No Refunds, If Aircraft Flown!

And I can deal with that - 14 days. But to be told you can't return it once it's been flown - that is weak, really weak in my opinion.
Agree.

One dealer here went a step further, once you walk out of the store and open the original box, no return.

So, you opened a PayPal claim because you don't agree with DJI's policy? It'll be interesting to see what PayPal does in this case. Please let us know when you get it all worked out.

No I opened the claim because DJI support sucks and I refuse on a brand new product to wait 2-3 weeks for repair when it was clearly defective. Heck they can't even authorize a complete return and replace after they brought it up and when I brought up the refund for the defective product they said no way I caused the issue to happen. They can't do the job right after 3 days of attempts and a week later while looking at a useless product on the floor I'm not interested in owning the product.

Here's the video they asked for and nothing after that from them. This was after a successful upgrade, power down and power on of the controller. Capacitor tone and heat at the area of the lights lasted about 38 hours and then finally stopped

http://dpdurst.ipage.com/temp/rc_sound.mp4 (its 33 megs)

Last edited:
In the other thread, didn't he agree to get his remote controller repaired? That's the part that confused me.

DJI's policy states the following:
"Within 7 calendar days of purchase if the product has a manufacturing defect."

Had he continued down that path and not agreed to send his remote controller in for repair (assuming he already did that), then I think PayPal might help. But, it then seems DJI would need to prove if the issue was caused by him or a manufacturing defect. It seems he needs to send in his remote controller either way (even if PayPal does step in to help).

Personally, I would like the entire unit to be swapped out too. But, a policy is a policy.
He wasn't informed of, nor given the option of a full refund, and then allowed a repurchase elsewhere, at his option, as an alternative. That's my gripe.

Agree.

One dealer here went a step further, once you walk out of the store and open the original box, no return.
The dealers are allowed to return DOA units to DJI for a full refund within 7-14 days, but are not required to offer it to customers...

I think they spend more on the appearance of support and customer satisfaction than actually following through.
We had a local bank that donated $50,000 to a local charity and then spent $1,000,000 advertising how they support the local community, promoting that donation! :rolleyes:

We had a local bank that donated $50,000 to a local charity and then spent $1,000,000 advertising how they support the local community, promoting that donation! :rolleyes:
Yep. I'm a musician and use iPads quite a lot. If there were viable alternatives, I would. I much prefer open architecture. And Let's not get into all of the other issues. Back to the subject at hand : )

Yep. I'm a musician and use iPads quite a lot. If there were viable alternatives, I would. I much prefer open architecture. And Let's not get into all of the other issues. Back to the subject at hand : )
What is disappointing is that direct DJI online sales are not even honoring their written 7 day return for clear manufacturing defects. Apple is doing 14 days with no questions asked exchanges, replacements, or refunds! All DJI dealers get a 7-14 day return with DJI, but if you buy direct from DJI, you get screwed by lying reps on the phone that are told by management to lie about the return policy on the website! It's appalling! :eek:

Reactions: PeterDoubt
You had me excited for a minute, but no one is offering P4 for a dime under $1399.

You had me excited for a minute, but no one is offering P4 for a dime under $1399.
I was referring to the Phantom 3. Those same dealers will soon have the Phantom 4 in stock. So, if history repeats itself... :)

I was referring to the Phantom 3. Those same dealers will soon have the Phantom 4 in stock. So, if history repeats itself... :)
Well yea, they are just like cars. When the new one is coming out they start to discount the old ones. Depends on how long can you wait.

Back when the Phantom 2 was out, it was very rare to find a dealer that would sell Phantoms below MAP. I think DJI was more strict on enforcing prices back then. They don't seem to care anymore though. The reason it's not happening with the P4 yet is because only DJI and Apple are selling it. And, I don't think Apple is going to attempt to sell below MAP ever.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20