Who are you using to insure your DJI?

RJ_Make, from what I've read here it's really not. Very specific requirements, including, if I'm not mistaken, flying at one of their fields. But I could be wrong.

I do have an insurance question - I'm considering getting my 107 so I can do the occasional set of photos/video for my church or friends' businesses without having to worry about compliance. Since I'll be flying as a hobbyist 98% of the time, seems like it would be lunacy to get a $1,000+/yr commercial liability policy when it would only be of some use 2% of the time. We all take some risk every time we fly, just like every time we drive, and I'm all for being sensible, but in my case, doesn't it make more sense to look into some sort of liability as an addon to my homeowners?

The problem that I have run into with Erie is they have NO coverage, liability or otherwise for 'drone' usage. So I would have no protection under my homeowners policy. At this point just about every policy that I've looked at starts at around 600 bucks, most are around 1,400. That's more than I pay for my automobile insurance.

There is no way in the world I would go commercial unless I could make at a minimum 2x my costs. Just doesn't make sense to do the charity or otherwise work in my case due to the high costs involved.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers