GG: Official DJI Refund Policy: No Refunds, If Aircraft Flown!

I don't know how Apple can pull off returns like that, but then I think the majority of those that purchase the P4 don't return them.

What do companies like Apple do when someone returns a P4?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Had to dig deep to find it, so I thought I would share it.
Sold directly by Amazon, so sales tax would apply just like at Apple, but 30 days instead of 14, and newbie crashes are likely covered during the 30 days. Not sure about unrecovered aircraft. :cool:

http://www.amazon.com/DJI-CP-PT-000312-Phantom-4-Quadcopter/dp/B01CFXQZD0/
I once read about a person that bought a new P3P from Amazon and it crashed on the 1st flight. Completely smashed into lots of pieces. It was through a 3rd party (not sold and fulfilled by Amazon). Amazon told him to send back the pieces and as soon as they received the pieces they gave him a refund. He wanted to buy another but was scared the seller wouldn't take it back and would charge him again after he got his refund. Amazon told him that that was their issue with the seller and they would take care of it and his refund was secure so he was able to buy another right away. Not saying it always works like that but they sure took care of him.

I once read about a person that bought a new P3P from Amazon and it crashed on the 1st flight. Completely smashed into lots of pieces. It was through a 3rd party (not sold and fulfilled by Amazon). Amazon told him to send back the pieces and as soon as they received the pieces they gave him a refund. He wanted to buy another but was scared the seller wouldn't take it back and would charge him again after he got his refund. Amazon told him that that was their issue with the seller and they would take care of it and his refund was secure so he was able to buy another right away. Not saying it always works like that but they sure took care of him.
Apple pretty much does the same thing, as long as you are a good customer and don't abuse it. DJI, unfortunately, doesn't share that same approach.

Yes, Apple will let you return your P4 for up to 14 days. I just checked my order. Clicked "return", and it brought up the box telling me I had until April 5th to return it. Never had issues with Apple taking returns in the past. I am sure their reseller agreement with DJI allows Apple to take back the P4, and either resell it as used. Or return to DJI.

Normally I purchase almost everything from Amazon. 30 days, no questions asked on just about anything. Of course I spends thousands of dollars with Amazon a year. But they have let me return dozens of high end devices, electronics, musical instruments, etc. No problems. And it is so easy. Pull up your order, and click return. If you select defective item, amazon prints you a free return label. If you just want to return for any reason, they just deduct return shipping. Something like a P3/P4 they would probably charge you about $10 dollars for a return. Pretty good policy IMO.

That policy is one of the reasons I'm holding out on buying the P4. I have not heard the best about Dji customer service and this being a relatively expensive item, on top of being inherently risky, it kind of adds to the 'risk', shall we say...
However, I too have had nothing but great experiences with Amazon and I've spent an awful lot of money on their credit card over many years. Of course, if Costco starts selling it... : )

Reactions: GadgetGuy
Missed? You mean like a nightmare is missed? As in gone but not forgotten? lol just kidding and welcome back.

What up with the nom de guerre? lol
Well done with the not so often used Latin phrase. I dunno, I figured there was an already associated dislike to UPTL6. Sure it won't take long before I get this one hated. I'll really try not to. I have this problem of not keeping my mouth shut when I don't agree with someone. Couple that with my OCD and you get tangents that piss people off.

Jussaguy is what I use at RCgroups so I picked that one. ArtistFist over at DJI forum.

Would probably be best to start all over but as I told TJ, scars are sexy if you survive. Consider "uptolevel6" the scar on Harrison Ford's chin.

No, I'm not looking to purchase a P4. I did notice however that it is available for pre-order from Amazon for $1399 and will ship 01-April. If I were in the market for one I think that would be the route I would go. Free Prime shipping as well.
Yes, 3 years ago I bought a Phantom 1 from Amazon, had a problem and they gladly refunded my money inside of 30 days. Make sure you purchase sold and fulfilled by Amazon.

BlueSkies,
Bill

Yes, 3 years ago I bought a Phantom 1 from Amazon, had a problem and they gladly refunded my money inside of 30 days. Make sure you purchase sold and fulfilled by Amazon.

BlueSkies,
Bill
That's currently the way it is being sold, at the link I posted above, in post #21.

Bought my P3P at best buy, elite+ membership and i have 45 days to return or exchange.

Best buy or amazon are 2 best ways to go, IMHO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: GadgetGuy
Bought my P3P at best buy, elite+ membership and i have 45 days to return or exchange.

Best buy or amazon are 2 best ways to go, IMHO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If you return an item to Best Buy, is its price deducted from your Elite Plus member requirement of $3500 in qualifying purchases for the calendar year? Say you buy a P4 for $1400 and had $2101 in other qualifying purchases this year already, but return the P4 on the 44th day. Do you then lose your Elite Plus status, until you spend another $1400?

I can confirm that DJI support is telling folks even those that have a defective part (like my controller) no refunds are allowed since the box was opened (my case, never got to fly it) They will repair in 2-3 weeks or if your lucky and fight enough they will allow a full return for full replacement, but they have a bunch of stipulations on this as well.

Currently in the middle of a PayPal claim to get my $1800 back for aircraft, battery and warranty. I won't own another DJI product and just stick with my 2 P3 standards.

Reactions: stulpin300m
Currently in the middle of a PayPal claim to get my $1800 back for aircraft, battery and warranty.
So, you opened a PayPal claim because you don't agree with DJI's policy? It'll be interesting to see what PayPal does in this case. Please let us know when you get it all worked out.

So, you opened a PayPal claim because you don't agree with DJI's policy? It'll be interesting to see what PayPal does in this case. Please let us know when you get it all worked out.
DJI is lying to customers about the clearly written return policy on the website, which states that you are entitled to a refund within 7 days for any manufacturing defect, whether you have opened the box, activated the aircraft, or even flown the aircraft. None of those matter, if there is a manufacturing defect. The squeaky gimbal, the defective battery life, and the defective range are ALL manufacturing defects, entitling anyone who wants a refund to get a refund within 7 days of delivery. Demand your refund, and don't take no for an answer!

DJI is lying to customers about the clearly written return policy on the website, which states that you are entitled to a refund within 7 days for any manufacturing defect, whether you have opened the box, activated the aircraft, or even flown the aircraft.
In the other thread, didn't he agree to get his remote controller repaired? That's the part that confused me.

DJI's policy states the following:
"Within 7 calendar days of purchase if the product has a manufacturing defect."

Had he continued down that path and not agreed to send his remote controller in for repair (assuming he already did that), then I think PayPal might help. But, it then seems DJI would need to prove if the issue was caused by him or a manufacturing defect. It seems he needs to send in his remote controller either way (even if PayPal does step in to help).

Personally, I would like the entire unit to be swapped out too. But, a policy is a policy.

We are seeing again the complains about DJI's conduct. My experiences with other Chinese suppliers are similar and I am sure people at DJI is scratching their heads as their culture will not understand what we are talking about. The mindset is completely different. I had dealings with achinese companies where comunications BEFORE the sale were terrific, as soon money was paid, it changed dramatically. Many Chinese companies don't see or understand the need to cater to a customer after the sale. It is not in their mission statement and their is no budget planned for it. I am sure Apple, Amazon, Sam's, Costco, Best Buy and many others have a line item of customer after sales care in their businessplan and understand the need in our culture. I don't hold my breath DJI will understand or change their attitude to the client after the sale.

I am so glad that I didn't buy the P4 right away. One of the things that drew me to it was the existence of this forum and the open communication here. One thing puzzles me: was this to be expected? It seems that there is a long line of product introductions and I don't remember seeing a lot of trepidation leading up to the release of the P4. Just eager anticipation. Did (do) they have the same return policy for their other models? Was this to be expected?
I don't. See much hope in holding out for a change in attitude, and it surprises me thatApple would align themselves with such a company...although I'm not crazy about many of Apple's policies, either. I think they spend more on the appearance of support and customer satisfaction than actually following through.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dragonslair