UAV Insurance Discussion

For commercial work most clients want to see the 1 Mil coverage, I also do roof inspections, mostly for inaccessible roofs like 12/12 pitch, many hips,18 stories up with only 50-60' between high rise buildings along beachside here in Florida. Doing many Hurricane Irma damage assessments for State, County & Municipal clients as well as Insurance companies, they require it. Also will be doing a charity event for our homeless veterans on Veterans day this year, providing the fund raising organization with both aerial & ground level Photos & Video of the event ( Donating my services ), will be nice to have on my companies resumé.

Welcome Aboard !

Reactions: TerKelDing
Hello,

Please see attached document from Global Aerospace. The purpose of this document is to help commercial UAS operators avoid insurance claims related to invasion of privacy accusations. It has some very useful suggestions. Enjoy!

Thanks,

Joe Ernster
[email protected]
Get An Online Commercial UAS Insurance Quote Now!
I believe that document is basically a reprint of the document released under the Obama administration by a special UAS taskforce. Not that it is bad advice.

@Kcgunesq - Thank you for letting me know. Very interesting case of plagiarism
I'm not sure I'd call it plagiarism, as I believe it was intended to be used a "Guide to Best Practices". IIRC, the special taskforce included public and private partners. The insurance company could have been a member or been a member of a group that was a member of the taskforce.

I didn't intend to disparage the advice. My main thought was that if I were going to cite something as an authority, I'd rather go to the primary source, e.g., the document published by the government and signed by the President, than a version reprinted on a private company's web page.

@Kcgunesq - I was joking about the plagiarism remark. It is Friday afternoon and I am having a bit of fun.

No disparagement taken. This document gets sent out with all of their UAS insurance policies. So, I see it everyday. I just had a thought to share it here. I did take the time to check if the content was published elsewhere. I probably should have.

@Kcgunesq - I was joking about the plagiarism remark. It is Friday afternoon and I am having a bit of fun.

No disparagement taken. This document gets sent out with all of their UAS insurance policies. So, I see it everyday. I just had a thought to share it here. I did take the time to check if the content was published elsewhere. I probably should have.
I wouldn't worry about it. It is good general advice if reducing all risk is the goal. Though in my opinion, many of the "practices" are needlessly burdensome.

For commercial work most clients want to see the 1 Mil coverage, I also do roof inspections, mostly for inaccessible roofs like 12/12 pitch, many hips,18 stories up with only 50-60' between high rise buildings along beachside here in Florida. Doing many Hurricane Irma damage assessments for State, County & Municipal clients as well as Insurance companies, they require it. Also will be doing a charity event for our homeless veterans on Veterans day this year, providing the fund raising organization with both aerial & ground level Photos & Video of the event ( Donating my services ), will be nice to have on my companies resumé.

Welcome Aboard !
Hey quadkid! Daytona here too!

Love the P3P now that DJI has stopped screwing around with the FW, flies rock solid. I have a Mavic & P4P as well, still working through the usual FW crap, no issue at this time they fly fine. The P4P camera is awesome, makes a nice addition I would check into a refurbished unit, they come with full warranty, that's how I bought mine for almost half the price as Best Buy.

Check these guys out Drone Parts, Repairs & Custom Drones - DJI™ Largest Authorized Service they are located near Ft Lauderdale, I day shipping, their fast and good, they may have some refurb units available.

I use them for all DJI repairs, worth it to not have to wait weeks to get my drone back, the only repairs I have had to make was a landing gear broke when I was hand catching the bird on landing, my fault a little to aggressive. Other than that been flying DJI stuff for 1.5 years and still clicking.

Fly Race quads as well , Martian 220 / 4S / FPV

Hey Quad

P3 4K here. Trying to decide on whether to add a P4 Pro or Mavic Pro after the first of the year but the P3 is awesome.

What about you?
P4P is cool but very loud even compared to the P3P & 4K but has a much better camera. I love the Mavic is nice for portability, very quiet compared to the Phantoms, does not fair as well in windy conditions, good for close in flying < 2000 ft. , I have put it to 350" altitude and had to use sport mode to get it back due to strong winds up there.

Hello!

For this post I wanted to create a comprehensive commercial UAS insurance "guide." However, that would be much too long for this forum. Also, I have written tons of content on this topic for other sites and publications. So, I have compiled a list below. You can consider this list "Commercial Drone Insurance 101." If you have any questions at all, please do not hesitate to ask. I am here to help and love commercial UAS insurance.

Insurance for Commercial Operations: Demystifying You Coverage Options - This is an article I authored for RotorDrone Magazine. The article in the physical magazine was much prettier than the digital version. It was the Fall 2017 issue.

What Should I Know About Drone Insurance? - The guys at Drone U interviewed me for their daily podcast.

How to Insure a UAV - An article i wrote and an "infographic" created from the article on coeaerospace.com

Drone Insurance 101 - This is a Facebook Group I created about UAS insurance with about 650 members.

UAV Coach - uavcoach.com used some content that I created for their UAS insurance guide.

Commercial UAS Insurance Portal
- After you learn all you can about commercial UAS insurance from the above resources, feel free to request an insurance quote from Global Aerospace using this link. I am the aviation insurance broker for every policy that gets quoted and bound through this link. I am very hands on and will be able to help you with anything that you may need.

Thank you for reading!

Sincerely,

Joe Ernster
[email protected]

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl