Who are you using to insure your DJI?

My personal articles policy with State Farm is like $50-$60 per year for all my equipment.

I have been with State Farm for 15+ years and they have always been great about insuring the "odd things" I have my machine shop, 3D printer, my freshly custom built water cooled workstation and my P3P oh and even my devices insured and all of it cost me $221 a year. Make sure you keep proof of purchase in order to turn it in if something were to happen..

I use my State Farm policy, insure my guns and drone for full replacement with no depreciation and no deductible

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

There are different types of insurance being discussed here.
I don't believe adding your Phantom to your house/renters policy covers you for liability insurance, just fire and theft.
AMA covers liability..
Liability insurance is what you now need to fly your bird and usually runs you $300+/year.

There are different types of insurance being discussed here.
I don't believe adding your Phantom to your house/renters policy covers you for liability insurance, just fire and theft.
AMA covers liability..
Liability insurance is what you now need to fly your bird and usually runs you $300+/year.
I think what most are talking about is insurance of loss or damage. My personal articles policy covers loss, theft and accidental damage with no deductible.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

I think what most are talking about is insurance of loss or damage. My personal articles policy covers loss, theft and accidental damage with no deductible.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Yep. I have the same thing for my P3P and all related accessories including batteries and case. It covers against Accident, Flyaway, Theft. you name it! It is the same State Farm - Personal Articles Policy. Zero deductible and only $62.00 per year. Liability falls under my existing home owners policy.

What about the AMA society, I see they offer 2,000,000 liability insurance for around $70.00

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

What about the AMA society, I see they offer 2,000,000 liability insurance for around $70.00

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app
Not sure how old this is, read that closely! It only kicks in once all your money is gone!! Yeah, it reads something like once bearers checking and savings account are depleted....it's a BS insurance.

Last edited:
My personal articles policy with State Farm is like $50-$60 per year for all my equipment.
I'm trying to get my agent to add the personal risk assessment policy right now....hope it goes thru, they've never done a drone before she said.

I'm trying to get my agent to add the personal risk assessment policy right now....hope it goes thru, they've never done a drone before she said.
Good luck! I hope it works!

Reactions: Sim597
Good luck! I hope it works!
I tried doing a search and can't find it, somebody was saying in Texas they have a lady or someone who is offering insurance for drones at like $59 a year, I may need to really look harder.

Lol, I called them and the lady was like, sure, it's like $225 a year , I was like what!? She said yeah "it's like $1.75 per hundred" and I laughed and said that's like $22.50 not $225! Silence... Then she said OK sorry, but there's a minimum of like $50 policy (which I don't know, my trailer for my RZR is like $14 a year, so what up with that, should be $22) anyway, no deductible and full coverage, I told her let's do it.

Lol, I called them and the lady was like, sure, it's like $225 a year , I was like what!? She said yeah "it's like $1.75 per hundred" and I laughed and said that's like $22.50 not $225! Silence... Then she said OK sorry, but there's a minimum of like $50 policy (which I don't know, my trailer for my RZR is like $14 a year, so what up with that, should be $22) anyway, no deductible and full coverage, I told her let's do it.
Haha, common core math lol!

Reactions: Sim597
Right!? She quoted me as having a $14,000 hobby aircraft....I know they exist, but your really getting into the hobby at anything over $4000

Reactions: ryantrax
I have a commercial liability policy and the agency it's through has been very easy to work with. I have no affiliation with them, but don't want to break any rules by naming/promoting that business on here. PM for details? Or if it's ok to post the name please let me know.

For loss or damage of the Phantom itself, I purchased the Gold Service Contract with No Deductible from Neary Aerial Media when they first offered it with the discount.
Had my first crash which broke the camera swivel at the gimbal on a Sunday, called to leave a message and got a real person at an answering service instead. He called me back that evening, and sent out a return shipping tag. I shipped it to them last Monday, and got an e-mail yesterday that they were shipping it back repaired!

That's good to know! I also bought coverage from Neary
Aerial, but I've fortunate not had to use it.

For loss or damage of the Phantom itself, I purchased the Gold Service Contract with No Deductible from Neary Aerial Media when they first offered it with the discount.
Had my first crash which broke the camera swivel at the gimbal on a Sunday, called to leave a message and got a real person at an answering service instead. He called me back that evening, and sent out a return shipping tag. I shipped it to them last Monday, and got an e-mail yesterday that they were shipping it back repaired!

I have neary aerial also, havent had to file a claim with them, but they do not cover loss..

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20