No image transmission signal - P3P

I have no idea if any components need to be replaced since I'm not familiar with the process of flashing. I would refer to you on that. I tried to remove the DiVinci chip on a junk board and it wouldn't budge with heat or force without damage to surrounding components and the board itself.
Anybody who can successfully get these boards working again will be busy for some time.

yes, several times, seems to be linked ok, just no live view and the NITS message
I had same issue after I did update on my P3A and only way I got it to work was had to buy new controller. It has worked fine since. I could control drone and fly it but no video feed. The firmware I went to was the 1.11.20. Work fine until the update. Tried everything to get it to work, even replaced USB board. Only thing that worked for me.

Reactions: MerckxBh
Hi, yes I think you got all wiring connections right, you also can connect only RX and TX from P3P board with FT232RL board, and connect P3P board directly to drone and power drone on(just disconnect flex ribbon cable), I found both methods working for me.

What do you mean?
Like connecting the
RX on the gimbal board to the tx on ftdi
And tx to rx?

Hey all, just want to say big THANK YOU to "SunsetCatcher" and other people who found this fix! I just successfully fixed two P3P boards with this fix, the only problem for me was wrong command prompt directory...? and when finally learned where my IMG files are extracted and how to point the command line to that place everything was done in first time and 100% successfully now I have live video back. Thanks again to all!!!!
can you send me links to download files and comands

@SunsetCatcher and @quaddamage and to all the others who chimed in to help with this. True drone savers. Much thanks for this info. I also had a Phantom 3 Pro with the 08 / 15 device not found errors. I just followed the instructions to reflash the board. Operation was successful! However, I did not test fly the drone yet because i have a concerns about the Aircraft and Controller firmware. Should i update the two firmwares before my first flight? Will this disrupt/undo anything with the flash procedure @SunsetCatcher posted a while back? I plan to charge up battery and fire up tonight to see if i have video transmission, but won't fly it yet. Much thanks in advance.

My experience with the p3p camera is that they will overheat during updating. This causes the problem you are seeing. I have found no fix for this. I always recomend that a fan be used to keep the camera cool.

Reactions: Mark The Droner
My experience with the p3p camera is that they will overheat during updating. This causes the problem you are seeing. I have found no fix for this. I always recomend that a fan be used to keep the camera cool.
Thanks @Ted4797. To be clear, are you suggesting I do NOT upgrade aircraft and controller to latest firmware or just be sure to use a fan to keep board cool when I do update firmware?

Thanks @Ted4797. To be clear, are you suggesting I do NOT upgrade aircraft and controller to latest firmware or just be sure to use a fan to keep board cool when I do update firmware?
Yes that is it in a nutshell. I never upgrade unless I have to and always have a fan blowing on it

Hey everyone. I have a board that is experiencing what I believe to be the issues discussed in this thread. I have followed the manual provided by SunsetCatcher, but end up with this code.

Waiting for SFT on the DM36x...
Target: Starting UART Boot...
Target: BOOTUBL
BOOTUBL commmand received. Returning CMD and command...
CMD value sent. Waiting for DONE...
Target: DONE
DONE received. Command was accepted.
Sending the UBL image
File ubl1.img is not present.

Interfacing to the DM36x via UART failed.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I am overwhelmed with all the information in the threads and don't know how to proceed.
Thanks,
jtolliver

Hey everyone. I have a board that is experiencing what I believe to be the issues discussed in this thread. I have followed the manual provided by SunsetCatcher, but end up with this code.

Waiting for SFT on the DM36x...
Target: Starting UART Boot...
Target: BOOTUBL
BOOTUBL commmand received. Returning CMD and command...
CMD value sent. Waiting for DONE...
Target: DONE
DONE received. Command was accepted.
Sending the UBL image
File ubl1.img is not present.

Interfacing to the DM36x via UART failed.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I am overwhelmed with all the information in the threads and don't know how to proceed.
Thanks,
jtolliver

I had the same problem at one time. To fix this, you need to put all the files in the same folder C:\ph3pns
or try direct to the root folder C:\ make sure you are running cmd as admin

Oh, this thread is awesome. A huge thank you to SunsetCatcher!!!! My P3P had the No video transmission error, but the camera worked fine recording still and video to the card. I bought a new Wifi board and replaced it, but I still had the issue (no video downlink). I finally found this thread and went through all the steps in SunsetCatcher's manual and BOOM! I have video again.

For those that will attempt this fix... a few points of advice. This is very technical. You will need a half dozen micro solders under magnification. Also, the USB serial interface I used for the PC had 5v VCC and everything seemed OK, but it did not have enough amps (500ma) to fully power the board. I opted for an external power supply at 5.0vdc to the 5v pad on the board. Also, make sure your serial interface is set to 115200 baud, 8,1 -- I didn't see that mentioned earlier. Once I had good power and good serial settings the software worked like a charm. I put the files into a directory in the c:\ root, changed to that directory, and then executed the exe file command line.

My only concern now is when is it going to crap out again? It sounds like you need to power it up at least every month to keep it from getting corrupted.

Thanks again!!

I'm getting the "No video transmission error" on my P3P. I hadn't powered it up in probably about 1-1/2 years. I thought it was firmware related so I updated the firmware on the AC and controller and updated the DJI Go App. Updating firmware didn't help. Also getting the 08 / 15 "device not found" error. My next step is to try to flash the gimbal board per the procedure outlined here. Hopefully I also have success.

Thanks for all who posted. I just about gave up but worked through the steps and successfully fixed the the "No video transmission error" on my P3P. If there would be one thing I would mention is make sure you are in the root C: directory. Do this by typing command cd\ . I also ran command prompt as administrator.
95762ac80d8a658af932060a43359b61.jpg

Last edited:
i have a phantom 3 advanced with gimble disconnected and no image transmission after firmware upgrade 1.11.20
the gimble will not read card with old firmware or connect to computer after pressing the relink button on ac when powering on
the light on the front of the gimble never comes on
can this gimble board be reflashed as previous post states for the p3pro as it not seem to have the nand nw361chip on the board
thanks in advance
herbie

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31