No image transmission signal - P3P

the same like here

I don't know what to tell you. That code is not complex enough to have any mistakes.

Code:
        // First send the UBL image that will be written to flash\
        Console.WriteLine("Sending the UBL image");
        imageData = FileIO.GetFileData(cmdParams.UBLFileName); //<<<<<<<<<<<< YOUR ERROR IS HERE
        ackHeader.magicNum = (UInt32)cmdParams.UBLMagicFlag;
        ackHeader.startAddr = cmdParams.UBLStartAddr;
        ackHeader.byteCnt = (UInt32) imageData.Length;
        ackHeader.loadAddr = 0x0020;    // Not used here, but this is what RBL assumes

// Actually transmit the data
        if (!TransmitImage(imageData, ackHeader))
          return false;

// ^^^DONE\0 that indicates that UBL flashing is complete
        if (!SerialIO.waitForSequence("   DONE\0", "BOOTUBL\0", MySP, true))
          return false;

// Now Send the application image that will be written to flash
        Console.WriteLine("Sending the Application image");

You must be getting a deserved error:
Code:
  public class FileIO
  {
    public static Byte[] GetFileData(String filename)
    {
      Byte[] data;

if (!File.Exists(filename))
      {
        throw new FileNotFoundException("File " + filename + " is not present."); //<<<< THIS IS WHERE ERROR MESSAGE IS CREATED
      }

// Open file and read data
      try
      {
        data = File.ReadAllBytes(filename);
      }
      catch (Exception e)
      {
        Console.WriteLine("Error: "+e.Message);
        throw e;
      }

return data;
    }

Try on Linux. If that won't help - I guess you should just give up. Clearly the universe doesn't want you to flash it.

I don't know what to tell you. That code is not complex enough to have any mistakes.

Code:
        // First send the UBL image that will be written to flash\
        Console.WriteLine("Sending the UBL image");
        imageData = FileIO.GetFileData(cmdParams.UBLFileName); //<<<<<<<<<<<< YOUR ERROR IS HERE
        ackHeader.magicNum = (UInt32)cmdParams.UBLMagicFlag;
        ackHeader.startAddr = cmdParams.UBLStartAddr;
        ackHeader.byteCnt = (UInt32) imageData.Length;
        ackHeader.loadAddr = 0x0020;    // Not used here, but this is what RBL assumes

// Actually transmit the data
        if (!TransmitImage(imageData, ackHeader))
          return false;

// ^^^DONE\0 that indicates that UBL flashing is complete
        if (!SerialIO.waitForSequence("   DONE\0", "BOOTUBL\0", MySP, true))
          return false;

// Now Send the application image that will be written to flash
        Console.WriteLine("Sending the Application image");

You must be getting a deserved error:
Code:
  public class FileIO
  {
    public static Byte[] GetFileData(String filename)
    {
      Byte[] data;

if (!File.Exists(filename))
      {
        throw new FileNotFoundException("File " + filename + " is not present."); //<<<< THIS IS WHERE ERROR MESSAGE IS CREATED
      }

// Open file and read data
      try
      {
        data = File.ReadAllBytes(filename);
      }
      catch (Exception e)
      {
        Console.WriteLine("Error: "+e.Message);
        throw e;
      }

return data;
    }

Try on Linux. If that won't help - I guess you should just give up. Clearly the universe doesn't want you to flash it.

HEHE I will try despite the decision of the universe :)

strange, because I have as many as 8 pieces of these board and each behaves the same :( So the problem is not the gimbal board side but rather a PC or USB converter

Reactions: quaddamage
Hi All,

I have 2 P3P boards that i have managed to successfully managed to flash but i still get no image on my phone (android) Tablet (Android) or my Iphone.

Any suggestions?

Regards
Johnathan.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    117.1 KB · Views: 515
yes, several times, seems to be linked ok, just no live view and the NITS message

It is obvious this issue will drive us nuts until we can find an electronics geek, (I love them guys and gals and wish I was one), who can tell us what electronic SMD, (surface mount device), controls video, on the main circuit board. I have been repairing these P3Pro/A cams ever since they came out and have at least 2 dozen main boards marked, good giimbal, No Video. I just had one sent in today that had been in storage for "months" and the video quit working. The rest of the camera is perfect, all app functions work, but has a black screen.

I have come across a few "Pilots" who seem to have a deeper knowledge of the electronics, so my call goes out to any of you to drop us a post. Maybe we can figure out a way to out fox DJI and restore our video feed on our, otherwise, perfect cameras.

Cheers,
Jim

Ok, I've got the no image transmission issue as well now, it happened after a firmware update a few months ago, but i put it in storage right after as i was frustrated.

I'm able to fly the copter, the gimbal moves, I'm able to adjust the gimbal manually up and down, but I don't get any video recording/images recorded to the SD card. I've got the logs and the hidden logs which I'll post below. If someone can take a look and point me in the right direction, I'd be grateful.

The copter is in perfect condition, no crashes or rough landings. The issues started immediately after the firmware.

Thanks.

Attachments

• P3X_FW_LOG_AB.txt
    25.3 KB · Views: 394
  • Screenshot_20180708-195747.png
    Screenshot_20180708-195747.png
    66.5 KB · Views: 467
  • Screenshot_20180708-195830.png
    Screenshot_20180708-195830.png
    189.3 KB · Views: 471
Last edited:
OI'm able to fly the copter, the gimbal moves, I'm able to adjust the gimbal manually up and down, but I don't get any video recording/images recorded to the SD card. I've got the logs and the hidden logs which I'll post below.

The logs show successful update, and all AC modules are responding to version query afterwards.

Maybe your RC firmware isn't matching AC?
EDIT: No, from the screenshot it is matching.

So there's nothing wrong from the data you've provided. Go the standard diagnosis way:
Fix no video feed / black screen / no image transmission / no FPV on Ph3 Pro

Last edited:
Reactions: frestylmotox01
So I tested the gimbal board according to the image, 11.91 across the mentioned pads, so I suppose that mean a new top board (which I've not been able to locate yet), but it also mentions component level repair of the ambarella chip, is there someone on the forum that offers this service?

All I can say is SunsetCatcher ... you are the GURU !!!
and also you too QuadDamage ...
First time, cannot see the board because of boot0 / boot1 not connect properly to 3.3v. Redo the connection and no issues.
Thank you.

Last edited:
Operation completed successfully!
Another success! I have FPV video again!
I found this thread when searching to see if there was a fix for no FPV video on my android. The P3P flew fine and did record video and take photos, but no FPV. Crazy to think what DJI charges and all the hassles for a realitivily simple nand reflash software error. I happen to have a good soldering setup and rework station so not to difficult. Buying a decent temp adjustable soldering iron and a FTDI from Amazon would be way way cheaper. Took me about an hour taking my time. Make sure you take the 2 boot files completely out of the unzipped folder and put them on the root of your C: drive before running the flash utility in your windows command prompt.

A big thanks to SunsetCatcher for your posts and files. Also to Quaddamage and all the others who posted info and results of their efforts.

Last edited:
Thank you very much for the respond, i have got the new/used board from a china, installed it and it worked.

thanks to every one who help to help me on this.

btw i bought it from this site in China, but seems they ship only in China, where i used a mail forwarding Company to ship to Saudi Arabia. "the site in Chinese so you need to use Google translation to get thought the site"

大疆精灵3PRO云台拆机主板像机主板云台相机镜头主板精灵3A3P通用-淘宝网

Hi Sizain, You bought a gimbal top board from this Chinese seller last time, I just want to ask you is it still working now? I bought one from other Chinese seller and the gimbal board overheated and now it's dead after just 2 weeks. This time I want to buy a good one, please let me know if your gimbal is still fine if it is a good quality I will buy from the same seller. Thanks

BR
edmundC

I have successfully used the UART method for a P3P gimbal. I have a inspire 1 with the same issue. x3 works fine x5 fully functions except video stream. Is the same video processor used?
I think there were users mrburns and starcatcher that had it worked out. Anybody have thoughts on this subject?

I have successfully used the UART method for a P3P gimbal. I have a inspire 1 with the same issue. x3 works fine x5 fully functions except video stream. Is the same video processor used?

Inspire 1 also uses DM3xx processor, though I'm not sure if the exact same model.

Hello, I also ran into this 08/15 problem with no live feed after firmware update. Everything other works fine. I can fly and I can take pictures and videos. All telemetric data are visible.

I tried every suggested fix I could find on the internet. I changed all cables. I tried to update and downgrade the copter many times. I tried serveral older versions of DJI GO app. I changed the OFDM Receiver Module (Part 35). All with no success.

Then I decided to send the copter to dji. But a few minutes later I found this thread with this amazing solution from SunsetCatcher. I read all the posts here and was happy to see that some people got there live feed back. I also would give them a try.

What should I say. I pulled it off!!!

Many thanks to SunsetCatcher and Quaddamage for this great work. And thanks to all other guys who posted there results.

Regards from Germany!

Attachments

• 20190115_162648.jpg
    20190115_162648.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 438
  • 20190115_163619.png
    20190115_163619.png
    104.2 KB · Views: 404
  • 20190115_172635.jpg
    20190115_172635.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 377
Is there anyone in this thread that repairs the Mainboards? I repair drones but I think that soldering wires to the board and reflashing may be over my head right now. Would it be more cost effective for me to just purchase another gimbal mainboard off of Ebay or have the boards repaired? I have many of these bad ones laying around. Is there someone who buys the faulty boards?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic