No HDMI for broadcasting

Reaction score
I didn't realize the P4P package I bought came with a radio that has no HDMI port...... I was hoping to use it for live broadcasting with LiveU and TVU.

Anyone have a fix for this? I need the HDMI out on the controller but I only see a usb and micro port.

Thanks!

You can add an HDMI port by installing the HDMI Output Module on the Phantom remote controller like this. It's often advertised as an accessory for the Phantom 3, but it's also compatible with all Phantom 4 models.

That HDMI Output Module can also be purchased here on eBay or direct from DJI here.

You can add an HDMI port by installing the HDMI Output Module on the Phantom remote controller like this. It's often advertised as an accessory for the Phantom 3, but it's also compatible with all Phantom 4 models.

That HDMI Output Module can also be purchased here on eBay or direct from DJI here.

Thanks for the reply. Is this the only work around? Do you think a micro usb to HDMI adapter would work?

Is there any reason they would remove the HDMI capability?

You can also purchase a P4P+ radio with integrated screen. It includes an HDMI out that provides a clean 1080p feed for broadcast work. The add-on HDMI module for Phantoms only outputs at 720p.
I've pretty much exclusively switched to using the Plus R/C when flying for our NBC affiliate. After over two dozen live newscasts in 2017, I can make a an honest recommendation.

Reactions: PhantomWetSuits
You can also purchase a P4P+ radio with integrated screen. It includes an HDMI out that provides a clean 1080p feed for broadcast work. The add-on HDMI module for Phantoms only outputs at 720p.
I've pretty much exclusively switched to using the Plus R/C when flying for our NBC affiliate. After over two dozen live newscasts in 2017, I can make a an honest recommendation.

That is one feature I constantly over look on the Plus , do you have a link to any of those live Broadcasts. ?

Just trying to learn here. I have the P4P+ controller with the HDMI out and realize I could use a HDMI cable to connect to TV or a separate monitor but what would I use to broadcast wirelessly to TV, if that's possible?

Another issue I ran into is the news station requires a 1080i output.... phantom controllers only output 720p.

Fixed by pairing phantoms with inspire 2 controllers. What a nightmare this ordeal has been but I'm glad it's over.

Another issue I ran into is the news station requires a 1080i output.... phantom controllers only output 720p.

Fixed by pairing phantoms with inspire 2 controllers. What a nightmare this ordeal has been but I'm glad it's over.
I2 controllers can be used in dual operator as well ;)

Are you flying a v1 or v2? Have you noticed that v2 no longer supports clean HDMI out?

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj