No Fly Zone(s) Question

Reaction score
Hello pilots,

I have a problem that would change a lot about where Im allowed to fly.

So basically I live about 3/5km (2/3 miles) away from Schiphol (Amsterdam airport) and on websites such as these 2 (examples):
1. Drone Wetgeving en Regelgeving 2016 in Nederland
2. Wet- en regelgeving rond drone-gebruik in Nederland

it says I would not be allowed to fly a drone at all. But when I go onto the website of DJI themselves it says I am in a ."Height restriction zone" (A screenshot Screenshot).

I have tried contacting DJI Live chat support about this but they were a little bit vague. Because the first person I got in touch with said that I can trust the DJI map and that the other maps are for actual unauthorized aircrafts, but then the second person (I was mysteriously cut off which is why I had to restart a new chat) told me something else. Screenshots below in order, the first chat is not 100% screenshotted but I basically ask him about the map situation.

First chat:
1. Screenshot
2. Screenshot
Second chat:
3. Screenshot
4. Screenshot

And yes I have tried to send an email that they gave me but this seems to be down or non-existent.

I hope this is enough information, if not please let me know and I will provide what's needed.

Thank you in advance.

DJI cannot be held responsible for every regulation and law through out the world that pertains to flying drones and where they can be flown and what altitude they can be flown. It is ultimately your responsibility to know where you can and can't fly your drone. I would suggests looking up the regs in NL.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

DJI cannot be held responsible for every regulation and law through out the world that pertains to flying drones and where they can be flown and what altitude they can be flown. It is ultimately your responsibility to know where you can and can't fly your drone. I would suggests looking up the regs in NL.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

So, I just shouldn't trust anything the DJI NFZ map says? Because the difference between what DJI says on their map and other websites say is about 10km.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Last edited:
Reactions: Valeria0727
I'm sure governments will publish GPS boundaries for commercial companies such as DJI to abide by if they wish to be certified for flights within their countries.

I would contact the aviation authority for the area in question.

I'm sure governments will publish GPS boundaries for commercial companies such as DJI to abide by if they wish to be certified for flights within their countries.

I would contact the aviation authority for the area in question.

Okay, I'll go do that then. Thank you.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31